AuthorMessage
Cymro
VAG Wales Admin
Cymro

Number of posts : 2222
Ride : Mk2 Polo "Fern", Kia Sportage
Registration date : 2008-03-26

Voltmeter question Empty
PostSubject: Voltmeter question   Voltmeter question EmptyTue Jun 09 2009, 12:28

This is a bit of a newbie question, but still....

If a voltage gauge was wired up to run all the time would it drain the battery to a unstartable level by morning?

Wired mine back up but found that the feed i used before is dead, so currently have it wired straight into the ciggy lighter cables.

McLOVIN - RE: Polo Show 2011 - There was a ginger alert at the gate?? Man that place is well ahead of the times, next they'll be installing gas fittings into the shower heads in the gingers showers...

Voltmeter question BannerOEM2-crop
Back to top Go down
keith_lemon
VAG Whore

Number of posts : 1654
Ride : bahh
Registration date : 2008-06-09

Voltmeter question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Voltmeter question   Voltmeter question EmptyTue Jun 09 2009, 15:20

it would draw current yes, but how much i dunno.

best place to wire up to is a switched +12v, electric windows, rear demister, cabin fan, ACC on radio etc.

not best practice to have it constantly on if you get me
Back to top Go down
Cymro
VAG Wales Admin
Cymro

Number of posts : 2222
Ride : Mk2 Polo "Fern", Kia Sportage
Registration date : 2008-03-26

Voltmeter question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Voltmeter question   Voltmeter question EmptyTue Jun 09 2009, 20:02

that was my thought. but on a polo im slightly limited on ignition switched things. as there is no ACC as such as almost everything is always powerd. one option is the lighting circuit, as the headlights only run with the engine.

My other option is just fit a micro switch somewhere.

McLOVIN - RE: Polo Show 2011 - There was a ginger alert at the gate?? Man that place is well ahead of the times, next they'll be installing gas fittings into the shower heads in the gingers showers...

Voltmeter question BannerOEM2-crop
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Voltmeter question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Voltmeter question   Voltmeter question Empty

Back to top Go down

Voltmeter question
Page 1 of 1