VAG Wales
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

mk2 gti brakes on my polo

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
scotty GT
Keyboard Warrior
scotty GT

Number of posts : 113
Ride : 91 polo GT
Registration date : 2009-07-04

mk2 gti brakes on my polo Empty
PostSubject: mk2 gti brakes on my polo   mk2 gti brakes on my polo EmptyTue Jul 14 2009, 18:46

hay my brake's gna need dwin in the next couple weeks or so. im jus won dering how hard it would be to convert the front brakes to mk2 1.8 8v golf gti one's could i jus get the calipers and the carriers and bolt them on or do i need the master cylinder,line's n that to? scratch

thanks
Back to top Go down
Cymro
VAG Wales Admin
Cymro

Number of posts : 2222
Ride : Mk2 Polo "Fern", Mitsubishi Eclipse Cross
Registration date : 2008-03-26

PostSubject: Re: mk2 gti brakes on my polo   mk2 gti brakes on my polo EmptyTue Jul 14 2009, 19:19

easier to just fit VWII's (G40 ones) to be honest, Golf rears can be used for a rear disk conversion.
Back to top Go down
PianoMan
Scene Mincer

Number of posts : 792
Ride : Ibiza Mk2
Registration date : 2009-07-13

PostSubject: Re: mk2 gti brakes on my polo   mk2 gti brakes on my polo EmptyTue Jul 14 2009, 20:25

sorry for intruding on this thread. Just as a matter of interest - how hard is it to actually convert to discs in the back? (Golf Mk3, and Ibiza, the same maybe? or might be a polo 16V kinda thing?)
Back to top Go down
Perry GT
Keyboard Warrior
Perry GT

Number of posts : 169
Ride : mk2 polo GT
Registration date : 2008-02-05

PostSubject: Re: mk2 gti brakes on my polo   mk2 gti brakes on my polo EmptyTue Jul 14 2009, 21:53

all mk2 golf GTI 8v and early 16vs came with VWII calipers which are pretty much g40 ones only differences is that the golf ones uses a 7mm hex bolt were as the g40s are 6mm.

as for the rears u use a mk2 gti set us again but you need to fabricate a bracket for the handbrake also a sirrico hand brake fits in some were.

its a pretty big job!! not worth doing really i wouldnt want discs on the back just because there so light at the rear.
Back to top Go down
ben16v
Keyboard Warrior
ben16v

Number of posts : 147
Ride : was - corrado 16v : now - Arosa TDi
Registration date : 2009-05-15

PostSubject: Re: mk2 gti brakes on my polo   mk2 gti brakes on my polo EmptyTue Jul 14 2009, 22:36

think i got a set of corrado 256?mm front calipers and carriers, maybe even hubs and more in my shed dunno if they be any good?
Back to top Go down
Perry GT
Keyboard Warrior
Perry GT

Number of posts : 169
Ride : mk2 polo GT
Registration date : 2008-02-05

PostSubject: Re: mk2 gti brakes on my polo   mk2 gti brakes on my polo EmptyWed Jul 15 2009, 09:19

id pinch the fronts off you for some coin matey?
Back to top Go down
ben16v
Keyboard Warrior
ben16v

Number of posts : 147
Ride : was - corrado 16v : now - Arosa TDi
Registration date : 2009-05-15

PostSubject: Re: mk2 gti brakes on my polo   mk2 gti brakes on my polo EmptyWed Jul 15 2009, 22:48

Perry GT wrote:
id pinch the fronts off you for some coin matey?
yeah no worries, pm me and i`ll have a look what i got on sat as im working late til then
ben
Back to top Go down
scotty GT
Keyboard Warrior
scotty GT

Number of posts : 113
Ride : 91 polo GT
Registration date : 2009-07-04

PostSubject: Re: mk2 gti brakes on my polo   mk2 gti brakes on my polo EmptyFri Jul 17 2009, 07:30

do i need the carriers for the g40 calipers or would mine do. i only wnt 2 put vented disc's on the front iv seen mk3 polo's dwing endo's on youtube lmao.

thanks
scott
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: mk2 gti brakes on my polo   mk2 gti brakes on my polo Empty

Back to top Go down

mk2 gti brakes on my polo
Page 1 of 1