HomeHome  PortalPortal  FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share
 

 Online gaming friendly ISP's?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
CymruR32
VAG Wales Admin
CymruR32

Number of posts : 669
Ride : MK4 Golf R32
Registration date : 2008-02-03

Online gaming friendly ISP's? Empty
PostSubject: Online gaming friendly ISP's?   Online gaming friendly ISP's? EmptySun Sep 20 2009, 20:06

I don't think it'll be a shock to anyone if I say our area, or at least mine in Caernarfon, is still behind the times with the internet (fastest speed available is 6mb). We're basically forced to take BT broadband or a re-packaged version of it. At the moment I'm with AOL, and recently playing games online has been an awfully laggy experience, especially with COD4 which I'm quite hooked on .. again Laughing .

If I play on my own it's not too bad but playing online with friends can't be done. If I host a game they get terrible lag, if I don't host the game I get terrible lag. Which is strange really as it's always been ok in the past. So I've decided enough is enough with shitty AOL.

I'm thinking of moving to Sky's unlimited package as they don't throttle the service at peak times, and it's much cheaper than BT unlimited package.

Has anyone had any experience with either when it comes to online gaming?

_________________
Online gaming friendly ISP's? Pbucket
Back to top Go down
Luke_MK1
VAG Wales Moderator
Luke_MK1

Number of posts : 2679
Ride : Mk2 GTI - Citroen C5
Registration date : 2009-04-11

Online gaming friendly ISP's? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Online gaming friendly ISP's?   Online gaming friendly ISP's? EmptySun Sep 20 2009, 20:09

Im with Bt and i live in Rhyl, we get 3.2 Mbps - dont really struggle with it, but as soon as sky is in the area i think were going with them Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.oes-uk.com
black magic vRS
VAG Wales Admin
black magic vRS

Number of posts : 995
Ride : Bora tdi
Registration date : 2008-02-05

Online gaming friendly ISP's? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Online gaming friendly ISP's?   Online gaming friendly ISP's? EmptySun Sep 20 2009, 20:09

as yr mate said its not yr internet speed yr just crap lol Very Happy

_________________
Online gaming friendly ISP's? 2009_0309seat_cupra0008
custom code re-map, k+n pannel filter, forge 007p (yellow spring), jamex coilovers
Back to top Go down
CymruR32
VAG Wales Admin
CymruR32

Number of posts : 669
Ride : MK4 Golf R32
Registration date : 2008-02-03

Online gaming friendly ISP's? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Online gaming friendly ISP's?   Online gaming friendly ISP's? EmptySun Sep 20 2009, 20:15

black magic 20v wrote:
as yr mate said its not yr internet speed yr just crap lol Very Happy

f**k off Laughing

_________________
Online gaming friendly ISP's? Pbucket
Back to top Go down
black magic vRS
VAG Wales Admin
black magic vRS

Number of posts : 995
Ride : Bora tdi
Registration date : 2008-02-05

Online gaming friendly ISP's? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Online gaming friendly ISP's?   Online gaming friendly ISP's? EmptySun Sep 20 2009, 20:18

CymruR32 wrote:
black magic 20v wrote:
as yr mate said its not yr internet speed yr just crap lol Very Happy

f**k off Laughing
its true i kick yr ass on fifa 09! and only with 10men!! wot was the score again?

_________________
Online gaming friendly ISP's? 2009_0309seat_cupra0008
custom code re-map, k+n pannel filter, forge 007p (yellow spring), jamex coilovers
Back to top Go down
CymruR32
VAG Wales Admin
CymruR32

Number of posts : 669
Ride : MK4 Golf R32
Registration date : 2008-02-03

Online gaming friendly ISP's? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Online gaming friendly ISP's?   Online gaming friendly ISP's? EmptySun Sep 20 2009, 20:19

black magic 20v wrote:
CymruR32 wrote:
black magic 20v wrote:
as yr mate said its not yr internet speed yr just crap lol Very Happy

f**k off Laughing
its true i kick yr ass on fifa 09! and only with 10men!! wot was the score again?

I belive on matches it was 1 - 1. Plus I don't own the game, so there Laughing

_________________
Online gaming friendly ISP's? Pbucket
Back to top Go down
black magic vRS
VAG Wales Admin
black magic vRS

Number of posts : 995
Ride : Bora tdi
Registration date : 2008-02-05

Online gaming friendly ISP's? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Online gaming friendly ISP's?   Online gaming friendly ISP's? EmptySun Sep 20 2009, 20:23

wot about the perivious games ha ha oh ye i dont own the game either king

_________________
Online gaming friendly ISP's? 2009_0309seat_cupra0008
custom code re-map, k+n pannel filter, forge 007p (yellow spring), jamex coilovers
Back to top Go down
CymruR32
VAG Wales Admin
CymruR32

Number of posts : 669
Ride : MK4 Golf R32
Registration date : 2008-02-03

Online gaming friendly ISP's? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Online gaming friendly ISP's?   Online gaming friendly ISP's? EmptySun Sep 20 2009, 20:25

black magic 20v wrote:
wot about the perivious games ha ha oh ye i dont own the game either king

Pah, stop hijacking my thread Laughing

_________________
Online gaming friendly ISP's? Pbucket
Back to top Go down
black magic vRS
VAG Wales Admin
black magic vRS

Number of posts : 995
Ride : Bora tdi
Registration date : 2008-02-05

Online gaming friendly ISP's? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Online gaming friendly ISP's?   Online gaming friendly ISP's? EmptySun Sep 20 2009, 20:26

LOSER lol
u cleaned yr car in the end?

_________________
Online gaming friendly ISP's? 2009_0309seat_cupra0008
custom code re-map, k+n pannel filter, forge 007p (yellow spring), jamex coilovers
Back to top Go down
CymruR32
VAG Wales Admin
CymruR32

Number of posts : 669
Ride : MK4 Golf R32
Registration date : 2008-02-03

Online gaming friendly ISP's? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Online gaming friendly ISP's?   Online gaming friendly ISP's? EmptySun Sep 20 2009, 20:27

Yes mate. Needed it too.

_________________
Online gaming friendly ISP's? Pbucket
Back to top Go down
black magic vRS
VAG Wales Admin
black magic vRS

Number of posts : 995
Ride : Bora tdi
Registration date : 2008-02-05

Online gaming friendly ISP's? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Online gaming friendly ISP's?   Online gaming friendly ISP's? EmptySun Sep 20 2009, 20:28

at least u can drive yrs am gonna be board as fwk this week!

_________________
Online gaming friendly ISP's? 2009_0309seat_cupra0008
custom code re-map, k+n pannel filter, forge 007p (yellow spring), jamex coilovers
Back to top Go down
CymruR32
VAG Wales Admin
CymruR32

Number of posts : 669
Ride : MK4 Golf R32
Registration date : 2008-02-03

Online gaming friendly ISP's? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Online gaming friendly ISP's?   Online gaming friendly ISP's? EmptySun Sep 20 2009, 20:34

black magic 20v wrote:
at least u can drive yrs am gonna be board as fwk this week!

Check your PM box mate!

_________________
Online gaming friendly ISP's? Pbucket
Back to top Go down
OwainMK1
VAG Whore
OwainMK1

Number of posts : 1464
Ride : MK1 Golf Gti + MK5 Golf Gti
Registration date : 2009-05-17

Online gaming friendly ISP's? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Online gaming friendly ISP's?   Online gaming friendly ISP's? EmptySun Sep 20 2009, 20:39

Hi mate im with sky, but i get it free as i work for them like, its using bt's lines obviously as sky only have their own lines in england an part of scotland. I have played cod4 for the last yr an a half with no probs really, sometimes i get a bit laggy when the mrs is chatting on funkin facefunk. Saying that my exchange is only half a mile away from my gaff, and there arnet much properties before reaching me. Know where your Bt exchange is ? every mile you are away from the exchange you loose speed. I think it equates every mile you loose half a meg or a meg, cant remember.

I have a linky to something that could be very useful too you as your a gamer the BT I-plate, your main bt box needs to be compatible for it to work, so check your box before ordering one. I know a lot of guys who have bought one and had a really significant difference to their speeds. Its only a matter unscrewing and plugging in, nothing major like, there is a vid of how to do it on you-tube. Just read the comments on the page to see how good it really is an only a fiver plus delivery.

http://www.broadbandbuyer.co.uk/Shop/ShopDetail.asp?ProductID=7256

P.s whats your gamer tag ? Mine is vee dub Ows
Back to top Go down
CymruR32
VAG Wales Admin
CymruR32

Number of posts : 669
Ride : MK4 Golf R32
Registration date : 2008-02-03

Online gaming friendly ISP's? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Online gaming friendly ISP's?   Online gaming friendly ISP's? EmptySun Sep 20 2009, 20:49

OwainMK1 wrote:
Hi mate im with sky, but i get it free as i work for them like, its using bt's lines obviously as sky only have their own lines in england an part of scotland. I have played cod4 for the last yr an a half with no probs really, sometimes i get a bit laggy when the mrs is chatting on funkin facefunk. Saying that my exchange is only half a mile away from my gaff, and there arnet much properties before reaching me. Know where your Bt exchange is ? every mile you are away from the exchange you loose speed. I think it equates every mile you loose half a meg or a meg, cant remember.

I have a linky to something that could be very useful too you as your a gamer the BT I-plate, your main bt box needs to be compatible for it to work, so check your box before ordering one. I know a lot of guys who have bought one and had a really significant difference to their speeds. Its only a matter unscrewing and plugging in, nothing major like, there is a vid of how to do it on you-tube. Just read the comments on the page to see how good it really is an only a fiver plus delivery.

http://www.broadbandbuyer.co.uk/Shop/ShopDetail.asp?ProductID=7256

P.s whats your gamer tag ? Mine is vee dub Ows

Is that XBOX? Cos I have a PS3.

Thanks for that info. I think I'm about a mile from the BT exchange in Caernarfon. The problem I've had with COD4 recently is when you press Select on the controller to get your match stats it shows my internet connection as one red bar (i.e major lag)

With the BT I-plate, how would I know if my BT box is compatible?

_________________
Online gaming friendly ISP's? Pbucket
Back to top Go down
OwainMK1
VAG Whore
OwainMK1

Number of posts : 1464
Ride : MK1 Golf Gti + MK5 Golf Gti
Registration date : 2009-05-17

Online gaming friendly ISP's? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Online gaming friendly ISP's?   Online gaming friendly ISP's? EmptySun Sep 20 2009, 20:53

You should have a symbol on your bt plate, if its the older style with the BT logo its compatible. However if it has open-reach its a newer one and has it built in already. Watch the video, it shows you all the symbols on that.

Yeah, xbox, as its arguably better for online gaming, but im real pissed of that we have to pay for it tho.
Back to top Go down
CymruR32
VAG Wales Admin
CymruR32

Number of posts : 669
Ride : MK4 Golf R32
Registration date : 2008-02-03

Online gaming friendly ISP's? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Online gaming friendly ISP's?   Online gaming friendly ISP's? EmptySun Sep 20 2009, 20:54

OwainMK1 wrote:
You should have a symbol on your bt plate, if its the older style with the BT logo its compatible. However if it has open-reach its a newer one and has it built in already. Watch the video, it shows you all the symbols on that.

Yeah, xbox, as its arguably better for online gaming, but im real pissed of that we have to pay for it tho.

Ok great Cool

_________________
Online gaming friendly ISP's? Pbucket
Back to top Go down
CymruR32
VAG Wales Admin
CymruR32

Number of posts : 669
Ride : MK4 Golf R32
Registration date : 2008-02-03

Online gaming friendly ISP's? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Online gaming friendly ISP's?   Online gaming friendly ISP's? EmptyWed Sep 23 2009, 21:28

Was it you that flashed me in the Sky van today, Owain?

_________________
Online gaming friendly ISP's? Pbucket
Back to top Go down
OwainMK1
VAG Whore
OwainMK1

Number of posts : 1464
Ride : MK1 Golf Gti + MK5 Golf Gti
Registration date : 2009-05-17

Online gaming friendly ISP's? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Online gaming friendly ISP's?   Online gaming friendly ISP's? EmptyWed Sep 23 2009, 21:35

Yeahman ! thought it was you, u were lookin kinda puzzled lol
Back to top Go down
CymruR32
VAG Wales Admin
CymruR32

Number of posts : 669
Ride : MK4 Golf R32
Registration date : 2008-02-03

Online gaming friendly ISP's? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Online gaming friendly ISP's?   Online gaming friendly ISP's? EmptyWed Sep 23 2009, 21:44

OwainMK1 wrote:
Yeahman ! thought it was you, u were lookin kinda puzzled lol

Yeh, I was like "O .. k" and then I remembered that you'd said that you work for Sky Laughing

_________________
Online gaming friendly ISP's? Pbucket
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




Online gaming friendly ISP's? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Online gaming friendly ISP's?   Online gaming friendly ISP's? Empty

Back to top Go down
 
Online gaming friendly ISP's?
Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» good online map site
» View SXS magazine for free online.......
» Building new gaming PC
» online Honda service Manuals-Get them while you can
» Latest from the advertiser online tonight

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
VAG Wales :: VagWales Chat :: General Chat-
Jump to: