VAG Wales
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

speed camera....legal or not???

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
SkunkyMcGreen-aka-Smiffy
Keyboard Warrior
SkunkyMcGreen-aka-Smiffy

Number of posts : 170
Ride : if in doubt, flat out!!!!
Registration date : 2008-05-16

speed camera....legal or not??? Empty
PostSubject: speed camera....legal or not???   speed camera....legal or not??? EmptySat Sep 26 2009, 12:17

a letter popped through the letter box, a soddin police letter saying my name was down as driving the works van when it was flashed doing 49mph in a 40mph. there demanding to know who was drivin at the time. now i do rember when i thought i'd been flashed,..............

...........but the the thing is,the camera that flashed me was just a normal roadside cam but it was facing the wrong way and into the sky!!! now can they still do me???

when i say pointing the wrong way by that i mean u know when they have them lines on the road that the camera points down on to gauge ur speed, well the camera was pointing in the oposite way!! (as if it was not in service) and there was no lines to gauge the speed by!! so is this a legal speeding ticket?? so basically it reads the speed before u evan get to the lines on the road!!

some of u guys may know it, it the one on the A41 near eastham on the wirral! the camera has been in the same position for years, its literally pointing at someones bedroom window (maybe trying to catch a fast rabbit, i dunno lol). so how can they give me a ticket. i think the only reason it went of was because i had planks of wood on the back of the open back van pointing upwards so the cam has picked these up, i've seen cars go past the cam at 50-60mph and its never ever flashed because its just not pointing in the right position
Back to top Go down
keith_lemon
VAG Whore

Number of posts : 1654
Ride : bahh
Registration date : 2008-06-09

PostSubject: Re: speed camera....legal or not???   speed camera....legal or not??? EmptySat Sep 26 2009, 13:37

you will have signed the vehicle out for the duration or had it assigned to you? if so the employer has fullfilled thier responsibility to log the vehicle operator.

you have the right to appeal and request the calibration certs of the camera

if its a gatso it must have the lines to calcuate the speed of the vehicle.

Last edited by keith_lemon on Sat Sep 26 2009, 13:40; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
SkunkyMcGreen-aka-Smiffy
Keyboard Warrior
SkunkyMcGreen-aka-Smiffy

PostSubject: Re: speed camera....legal or not???   speed camera....legal or not??? EmptySat Sep 26 2009, 13:40

i'm not on about who was driving i'm on about the dodgy speed camera dude??
Back to top Go down
keith_lemon
VAG Whore

PostSubject: Re: speed camera....legal or not???   speed camera....legal or not??? EmptySat Sep 26 2009, 13:42

food for thought

if the camera was facing the sky how did they get the reg of the van.

id request the evidence
Back to top Go down
SkunkyMcGreen-aka-Smiffy
Keyboard Warrior
SkunkyMcGreen-aka-Smiffy

PostSubject: Re: speed camera....legal or not???   speed camera....legal or not??? EmptySat Sep 26 2009, 13:47

you tell me??, lol!! unless its being crafy and got the camera pointing down inside the box!! i've never seen another camera pointing as high as this one. it should get u as u drive through it, but its now its gettin u as u approach it, and the road has a slight decline thats how i think it got the reg?? i've already thought about that!!

are the gatso's just the plain ones or the striped ones?? its defo not using the lines on the road because there behind the cam??
Back to top Go down
VWGOLFXX
Keyboard Warrior
VWGOLFXX

Number of posts : 82
Ride : Golf MK4 GTI
Registration date : 2008-11-01

PostSubject: Re: speed camera....legal or not???   speed camera....legal or not??? EmptySat Sep 26 2009, 15:08

Ask for the photo that they used to calculate your speed, if your car is there and you can see everything then you would have to pay I guess...

Maybe ask for the calibration certificate if they have one for that type of camera.
Back to top Go down
SkunkyMcGreen-aka-Smiffy
Keyboard Warrior
SkunkyMcGreen-aka-Smiffy

PostSubject: Re: speed camera....legal or not???   speed camera....legal or not??? EmptySat Sep 26 2009, 17:37

but what i mean is have the broken some type of law by displaying the lines on the road to indicate a speed trap but then pointing the cam at a different part of the road?? u see things like this all the time where they dont obey the laws set out to govern the cams....they issue the ticket then months later someone questions it and everybody gets theire points revoked....i think this might be one of them moments!!
Back to top Go down
keith_lemon
VAG Whore

PostSubject: Re: speed camera....legal or not???   speed camera....legal or not??? EmptySat Sep 26 2009, 17:55

this is the place to read up! http://www.pepipoo.com/Speed_cameras.htm

gatso cameras are the large rectangular boxes - the truvello is the smaller "upright" rectangular box with a red tinted lense, the only loophole i can think is if the camera didnt catch the refernce points in the image.
Back to top Go down
SkunkyMcGreen-aka-Smiffy
Keyboard Warrior
SkunkyMcGreen-aka-Smiffy

PostSubject: Re: speed camera....legal or not???   speed camera....legal or not??? EmptySat Sep 26 2009, 18:26

thats what i'm saying there was no reference points, because the camera has been turned the opposite way to em, a 180 degree turn!! so the camera is facing away from the road reference points
Back to top Go down
Cymro
VAG Wales Admin
Cymro

Number of posts : 2222
Ride : Mk2 Polo "Fern", Mitsubishi Eclipse Cross
Registration date : 2008-03-26

PostSubject: Re: speed camera....legal or not???   speed camera....legal or not??? EmptySat Sep 26 2009, 21:24

wish the same applied to camera vans Sad
Back to top Go down
VWGOLFXX
Keyboard Warrior
VWGOLFXX

Number of posts : 82
Ride : Golf MK4 GTI
Registration date : 2008-11-01

PostSubject: Re: speed camera....legal or not???   speed camera....legal or not??? EmptySun Sep 27 2009, 15:54

SkunkyMcGreen-aka-Smiffy wrote:
thats what i'm saying there was no reference points, because the camera has been turned the opposite way to em, a 180 degree turn!! so the camera is facing away from the road reference points

Thats what I am saying ask for the photo that was taken, if you can see your car and the lines then you will have to pay...

http://www.abd.org.uk/gatso_photo_checking.htm
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: speed camera....legal or not???   speed camera....legal or not??? Empty

Back to top Go down

speed camera....legal or not???
Page 1 of 1