AuthorMessage
Sparky
VAG Resident
Sparky

Number of posts : 399
Ride : VW Golf GTI MK3 8V
Registration date : 2009-05-28

What Fuel Should I Be Using? Empty
PostSubject: What Fuel Should I Be Using?   What Fuel Should I Be Using? EmptyWed Dec 30 2009, 15:38

I have always put the higher octane fuels in my cars but looking a the fuel cap on my car it says that I should be not be putting in any fuel above 95 octane. So I have started putting unleaded in but could I have done any damage to the engine/fuelling system if I'd of carried on using the higher octane fuel??
Back to top Go down
Cymro
VAG Wales Admin
Cymro

Number of posts : 2222
Ride : Mk2 Polo "Fern", Kia Sportage
Registration date : 2008-03-26

PostSubject: Re: What Fuel Should I Be Using?   What Fuel Should I Be Using? EmptyWed Dec 30 2009, 16:04

you may have cleaned the engine up a bit Laughing but most of us run it (when we can afford it) as the car does go a bit better.

McLOVIN - RE: Polo Show 2011 - There was a ginger alert at the gate?? Man that place is well ahead of the times, next they'll be installing gas fittings into the shower heads in the gingers showers...

What Fuel Should I Be Using? BannerOEM2-crop
Back to top Go down
Sparky
VAG Resident
Sparky

Number of posts : 399
Ride : VW Golf GTI MK3 8V
Registration date : 2009-05-28

PostSubject: Re: What Fuel Should I Be Using?   What Fuel Should I Be Using? EmptyWed Dec 30 2009, 16:17

Yeah I like the higher octane stuff it sharpens the throttle up and makes the car more responsive but if it does damage I better stick the shit petrol.
Back to top Go down
matt
The Guv'nor
matt

Number of posts : 3456
Ride : lupo gti with a bit of a kick
Registration date : 2008-02-03

PostSubject: Re: What Fuel Should I Be Using?   What Fuel Should I Be Using? EmptyWed Dec 30 2009, 17:03

higher octane fuels only do out to a engine with a high compression ratio such as 6n valvers and polo gtis etc

20v-turbo
Quote :
tahts the trouble with fit women they cd rape you but your actauuly saying yes
Back to top Go down
http://www.vagwales.net
VWGOLFXX
Keyboard Warrior
VWGOLFXX

Number of posts : 82
Ride : Golf MK4 GTI
Registration date : 2008-11-01

PostSubject: Re: What Fuel Should I Be Using?   What Fuel Should I Be Using? EmptyWed Dec 30 2009, 17:18

I only use Shell's V Power :>
Back to top Go down
dubber dude
Keyboard Warrior
dubber dude

Number of posts : 202
Ride : gti mk1, audi a3, t4 transporter
Registration date : 2009-12-06

PostSubject: Re: What Fuel Should I Be Using?   What Fuel Should I Be Using? EmptyWed Dec 30 2009, 18:39

i only use shell optimax in my audi !! i get better throttle response and better economy !! BUT my missus has been useing normal unleaded now my management light has come on i thought it was down to that but turns out its a pencil coil Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
themimoth
Scene Mincer
themimoth

Number of posts : 682
Ride : Skoda Fabia vrs. TDI CITI Golf, Golf Mk1 Campain
Registration date : 2009-10-31

PostSubject: Re: What Fuel Should I Be Using?   What Fuel Should I Be Using? EmptyWed Dec 30 2009, 19:44

i only use v-power ,on the way back from ipswich the other day put bp in , and the car was actually spluttering and flaming loads (more than usual) , had to stop and top up with v power and it still went all funny until a feew miles after i re-fued few days later. the engine was also idling a lot higher than it should. as if the choke was on. andit does it every time i put standard in :S

i actually ran out a few miles from betw the other day because i refused to put texaco in. a saxo vtr stoped and towed me to betws fair play to him...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What Fuel Should I Be Using?   What Fuel Should I Be Using? Empty

Back to top Go down

What Fuel Should I Be Using?
Page 1 of 1