VAG Wales
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

What issues does everyone have with....

Go down 
+9
xkarinx
themimoth
Marc VW
Chris_Irish
stickygreen
20v-turbo
Cymro
BigGR5
hodge112
13 posters
AuthorMessage
hodge112
VAG Whore
hodge112

Number of posts : 1346
Ride : mk1 golf, lupo 1.4s, mk2 golf driver
Registration date : 2009-02-03

What issues does everyone have with.... Empty
PostSubject: What issues does everyone have with....   What issues does everyone have with.... EmptyTue Jan 12 2010, 13:52

SPEEDBUMPS!!!

im not overly bad considering the car all the way down, but there a right pain considering i cant get to my house without going over some (matt knows what i mean)

and i cant get to kazs house without going over any either, i even have to go a different way to kazs house to avoid some

the only problem i get are

mudflaps are pretty close to the ground so they take some abuse
exhaust middle box hits 90% of the time
and if i dont take it right or go even a tad to fast my wishbones hit the speedbump, i think its them anyway lol

things can only get worse Twisted Evil

what problems do you lot have?

just curious really
Back to top Go down
BigGR5
Scene Mincer
BigGR5

Number of posts : 571
Ride : Mk1 Golf AFH, Audi A4 Tdi.
Registration date : 2008-04-19

PostSubject: Re: What issues does everyone have with....   What issues does everyone have with.... EmptyTue Jan 12 2010, 16:12

Speedbumps arent to bad a problem, Just take them really slowly. - The stupid rumble strips piss me off though ! You know the ones that are before a 30 zone dropping down from a 60. Usually the bumps get worse as you go along and it makes my driveshaft knock on the front chassis leg No

Getting off my drive is a bit of a pain too. Garage is about 4 foot below the road so theres a bugger of a hump where my drive meets the road Evil or Very Mad Had to remove the centre box from my exhaust to get the car low enough !
Back to top Go down
Cymro
VAG Wales Admin
Cymro

Number of posts : 2222
Ride : Mk2 Polo "Fern", Mitsubishi Eclipse Cross
Registration date : 2008-03-26

PostSubject: Re: What issues does everyone have with....   What issues does everyone have with.... EmptyTue Jan 12 2010, 16:56

sills and centre box & cat (before the were removed), i can beach the subframe on the sump slitters round here.
Back to top Go down
20v-turbo
VAG Legend
20v-turbo

Number of posts : 3559
Ride : mk3 16v, mk3 8v, tt 225, a4 20v, mk2 20vt blah blah
Registration date : 2009-11-01

PostSubject: Re: What issues does everyone have with....   What issues does everyone have with.... EmptyTue Jan 12 2010, 18:05

dented my sump on one the other day Sad also lump of ice ripped my splitter off, but mainly my fault 4 being low
Back to top Go down
stickygreen
VAG Wales Admin
stickygreen

Number of posts : 1038
Ride : MK1 Golf Gti , Bora Tdi ::Unit-13[dot]com::
Registration date : 2008-02-08

PostSubject: Re: What issues does everyone have with....   What issues does everyone have with.... EmptyTue Jan 12 2010, 18:46

them bastard single lane speedys, specially in the snow when you cant see em, got summit rattling under the bora after hitting one awkwardly the other week. Cats eyes were a fuckkkkr in the mk1 cost me a sump Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
http://www.unit-13.com
Chris_Irish
Scene Mincer
Chris_Irish

Number of posts : 879
Ride : Mk3 Golf GTI/Mk2 Scirocco GT
Registration date : 2008-10-12

PostSubject: Re: What issues does everyone have with....   What issues does everyone have with.... EmptyTue Jan 12 2010, 19:12

Spiltters changed more tha your mums underwear.

Speed bumps in Ireland are SAVAGE compared to here, got the sill stuck on one going into a shopping centre. Wishbones have taken some abuse, mid section always cops it as well.
Back to top Go down
Marc VW
VAG Resident
Marc VW

Number of posts : 407
Ride : Seat Leon TFSI
Registration date : 2009-03-04

PostSubject: Re: What issues does everyone have with....   What issues does everyone have with.... EmptyTue Jan 12 2010, 19:14

did u fly over yo northern ireland chris or ferry and drive
Back to top Go down
http://MarcVanWeert@talktalk.net
Chris_Irish
Scene Mincer
Chris_Irish

PostSubject: Re: What issues does everyone have with....   What issues does everyone have with.... EmptyTue Jan 12 2010, 19:16

Drive and ferry mate, was there for two weeks over christmas, couldn't do without my car for that long mate.
Back to top Go down
themimoth
Scene Mincer
themimoth

Number of posts : 682
Ride : Skoda Fabia vrs. TDI CITI Golf, Golf Mk1 Campain
Registration date : 2009-10-31

PostSubject: Re: What issues does everyone have with....   What issues does everyone have with.... EmptyTue Jan 12 2010, 19:21

my car isnt to bad on speedbumps, apart from the jolts and the plastic yellow and black ones (like bricks) in the college car park and i usually smack the sils nd other stuff on them if i go more than 1mph

and once in london i tried to straddle one so i didnt feel a bump and i hit pretty much everything from the front to the back on it Sad single track roads normally catch my splitter out... im on my third number plate :S
Back to top Go down
Marc VW
VAG Resident
Marc VW

Number of posts : 407
Ride : Seat Leon TFSI
Registration date : 2009-03-04

PostSubject: Re: What issues does everyone have with....   What issues does everyone have with.... EmptyTue Jan 12 2010, 19:22

which ferry mate might of seen ya about and not noticed ya
Back to top Go down
http://MarcVanWeert@talktalk.net
Chris_Irish
Scene Mincer
Chris_Irish

PostSubject: Re: What issues does everyone have with....   What issues does everyone have with.... EmptyTue Jan 12 2010, 22:29

Which ever is cheapest at the time, took Irish Ferries this year. Stenna last time.
Back to top Go down
xkarinx
Scene Mincer
xkarinx

Number of posts : 676
Ride : Polo 6n2 GTi, Lupo 1.4s
Registration date : 2009-04-23

PostSubject: Re: What issues does everyone have with....   What issues does everyone have with.... EmptyWed Jan 13 2010, 15:38

I don't really at the moment

Could put some fatties in my car and pretend to be low, test it out..
Back to top Go down
hodge112
VAG Whore
hodge112

PostSubject: Re: What issues does everyone have with....   What issues does everyone have with.... EmptyWed Jan 13 2010, 15:51

xkarinx wrote:
I don't really at the moment

Could put some fatties in my car and pretend to be low, test it out..

at least your coilovers are a decent make, i feel all the bumps lol
Back to top Go down
xkarinx
Scene Mincer
xkarinx

Number of posts : 676
Ride : Polo 6n2 GTi, Lupo 1.4s
Registration date : 2009-04-23

PostSubject: Re: What issues does everyone have with....   What issues does everyone have with.... EmptyWed Jan 13 2010, 15:56

Laughing

I just try to get thrown across the road HAAAAA
Back to top Go down
themimoth
Scene Mincer
themimoth

Number of posts : 682
Ride : Skoda Fabia vrs. TDI CITI Golf, Golf Mk1 Campain
Registration date : 2009-10-31

PostSubject: Re: What issues does everyone have with....   What issues does everyone have with.... EmptyWed Jan 13 2010, 19:09

thats such a awwsome clip lol was laughing for like a week when i first saw it Laughing ... not really sure why but it tickled me Yarr!
Back to top Go down
tombombvw
Keyboard Warrior
tombombvw

Number of posts : 249
Ride : mk4 golf
Registration date : 2010-01-18

PostSubject: Re: What issues does everyone have with....   What issues does everyone have with.... EmptyMon Jan 18 2010, 15:57

usualy if i take it slow i dont have a problem, but any passengers or a bump the wrong shape and my splitter, middle section and exhausts take a pounding

and will be alot worse when i lower it a bit more and add a cupra r splitter pale
Back to top Go down
http://www.bomberaudio.co.uk
craigolfmk4
VAG Resident
craigolfmk4

Number of posts : 403
Ride : MK4 Golf
Registration date : 2009-01-28

PostSubject: Re: What issues does everyone have with....   What issues does everyone have with.... EmptyMon Jan 18 2010, 19:12

Gotta be crawling over otherwise it'll catch. It'll still catch on a few with it crawling. If there's more than me in the car it'll catch no matter what. Going through the middle's the only way.

The splitter, sub frame, exhaust and rear splitter have taken their few knocks, clatters and bangs!
Back to top Go down
20v-turbo
VAG Legend
20v-turbo

Number of posts : 3559
Ride : mk3 16v, mk3 8v, tt 225, a4 20v, mk2 20vt blah blah
Registration date : 2009-11-01

PostSubject: Re: What issues does everyone have with....   What issues does everyone have with.... EmptyMon Jan 18 2010, 19:59

even at 1mph i scrape lol but luky splitters made of flexi plastic Razz

plus i hitmy sump if i stradle one of those silly single speedbumps, nd my sumps higher thn the subframes lool
Back to top Go down
hodge112
VAG Whore
hodge112

PostSubject: Re: What issues does everyone have with....   What issues does everyone have with.... EmptyTue Jan 19 2010, 15:19

at least you can see the speedbumps now, when it snowed then became camoflauge and i kept having to slam on because i couldnt see them Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
REDLooP
VAG Wales Admin
REDLooP

Number of posts : 1184
Ride : 1.0 LUPO Low & Slow
Registration date : 2008-05-12

PostSubject: Re: What issues does everyone have with....   What issues does everyone have with.... EmptyTue Jan 19 2010, 15:25

i Think me and matt (vpolo) know what speed bumps are

Remember that pub in cerrigydrudion, what was it - front bumper - downpipe - subframe - center box- PETROL TANK - then rear box haha

bom
Back to top Go down
matt
The Guv'nor
matt

Number of posts : 3456
Ride : lupo gti with a bit of a kick
Registration date : 2008-02-03

PostSubject: Re: What issues does everyone have with....   What issues does everyone have with.... EmptyTue Jan 19 2010, 17:34

oh yeah i remember that day proper scraping
Back to top Go down
http://www.vagwales.net
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What issues does everyone have with....   What issues does everyone have with.... Empty

Back to top Go down

What issues does everyone have with....
Page 1 of 1