VAG Wales
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Looking for some advice/tips

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
JoeyGTI
Keyboard Warrior
JoeyGTI

Number of posts : 71
Ride : Nothing :'(
Registration date : 2008-07-14

Looking for some advice/tips Empty
PostSubject: Looking for some advice/tips   Looking for some advice/tips EmptySat Aug 02 2008, 15:04

From experience would anyone know what kind of price I'd be looking at to get a courier to collect and deliver some wheels from Leicester to here in Cardiff? Obviously I realise the price would vary from company to company but I have no idea where to look tbh. Would someplace like DHL or UPS be the best way to go? I'd expect these to be the most expensive but I honestly gave no clue confused confused

Has anyone ever ha anything delivered by courier or something? Any advice would be much appreciated, thanks.
Back to top Go down
REDLooP
VAG Wales Admin
REDLooP

Number of posts : 1184
Ride : 1.0 LUPO Low & Slow
Registration date : 2008-05-12

PostSubject: Re: Looking for some advice/tips   Looking for some advice/tips EmptySat Aug 02 2008, 15:06

cost me £40 both times i sent some wheels off, that with parcel force 48 hr, picked it up straight from my house too
Back to top Go down
JoeyGTI
Keyboard Warrior
JoeyGTI

PostSubject: Re: Looking for some advice/tips   Looking for some advice/tips EmptySun Aug 03 2008, 19:47

Well 40 quid don't sound to bad. Any idea of how I got about arranging this?
Back to top Go down
REDLooP
VAG Wales Admin
REDLooP

PostSubject: Re: Looking for some advice/tips   Looking for some advice/tips EmptySun Aug 03 2008, 20:20

parcel force website, very easy, just put in the location an time u want it pickin up an the place u want it sent, takes like 10 mins to set up
Back to top Go down
JoeyGTI
Keyboard Warrior
JoeyGTI

PostSubject: Re: Looking for some advice/tips   Looking for some advice/tips EmptyMon Aug 04 2008, 10:42

How did you package/prepare the wheels for pickup? Is there anything I should tell the guy or should he just litrally hand the courier 4 wheels as they are? I don't want them getting marked/scratched or anything affraid

thanks
Back to top Go down
Polo-Bluebird
Keyboard Warrior
Polo-Bluebird

Number of posts : 42
Ride : Polo 6n2
Registration date : 2008-07-09

PostSubject: Re: Looking for some advice/tips   Looking for some advice/tips EmptyMon Aug 04 2008, 10:54

JoeyGTI wrote:
How did you package/prepare the wheels for pickup? Is there anything I should tell the guy or should he just litrally hand the courier 4 wheels as they are? I don't want them getting marked/scratched or anything affraid

thanks

Bubble wrap them and put them in a box? Thats my guess anyway
Back to top Go down
REDLooP
VAG Wales Admin
REDLooP

PostSubject: Re: Looking for some advice/tips   Looking for some advice/tips EmptyMon Aug 04 2008, 12:13

i just wrapped them in cardboard an loads of tape on the edges, just put down the weight an how many packages, i usually tape two wheels together an say 2 packages as it's usually cheaper an less chance of 1 gettin lost
Back to top Go down
mErCuTi0
VAG Wales Admin
mErCuTi0

Number of posts : 1331
Ride : Audi A6 1.8T
Registration date : 2008-05-25

PostSubject: Re: Looking for some advice/tips   Looking for some advice/tips EmptyMon Aug 04 2008, 21:01

With my work experience.. I find some shock cushioning material surrounded by a harder product is indeed the best way.. specially with heavier items that tend to damage themselves because of their own weight.. ie: people just drop or chuck them.

Basically.. yeah, Bubble wrap and then cardboard.. or foam and cardboard.. Smile

The pairing up idea sounds like a really good one too.. can tell you've had some experience with package sending :p
Back to top Go down
http://www.udf2.com
JoeyGTI
Keyboard Warrior
JoeyGTI

PostSubject: Re: Looking for some advice/tips   Looking for some advice/tips EmptyTue Aug 05 2008, 22:12

Just bought myself a set of BBS RXII's cheers bounce

Cost me abit more than I wanted to pay (at £225 affraid )

But all 4 tires are good and have a couple thousand miles left on them and all rims are in good nic except one has abit of paint peeling bounce

Hopfully I can sort this courier out tommorow and have them by the weekend and get pics up with them fitted Very Happy
Back to top Go down
JoeyGTI
Keyboard Warrior
JoeyGTI

PostSubject: Re: Looking for some advice/tips   Looking for some advice/tips EmptyThu Aug 07 2008, 22:09

Any idea how much these wheels weigh? silent I have absolutly no clue as to what to put down on the website. I doubt it has to be to the exact kg but anyone have a rough estimate? cheers
Back to top Go down
REDLooP
VAG Wales Admin
REDLooP

PostSubject: Re: Looking for some advice/tips   Looking for some advice/tips EmptyThu Aug 07 2008, 22:13

30kg that what 4 14x6 alloys weighed when i did it, give or take a few haha.
Back to top Go down
JoeyGTI
Keyboard Warrior
JoeyGTI

PostSubject: Re: Looking for some advice/tips   Looking for some advice/tips EmptyThu Aug 07 2008, 22:15

cheers These are 15 inch BBS RXII's, I'll put down 40kg I spose scratch

Was that 30kg with tires? Or just the alloys? the air in the tires makes them weigh a tonn No
Back to top Go down
REDLooP
VAG Wales Admin
REDLooP

PostSubject: Re: Looking for some advice/tips   Looking for some advice/tips EmptyThu Aug 07 2008, 22:21

just rims haha, yeah id say thats about right
Back to top Go down
JoeyGTI
Keyboard Warrior
JoeyGTI

PostSubject: Re: Looking for some advice/tips   Looking for some advice/tips EmptyFri Aug 08 2008, 16:16

Thanks mate, been really helpful. Very Happy cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Looking for some advice/tips   Looking for some advice/tips Empty

Back to top Go down

Looking for some advice/tips
Page 1 of 1