VAG Wales
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Audi booked into R-Tech monday! :)

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
DionBullock
Keyboard Warrior
DionBullock

Number of posts : 148
Ride : A3 1.8T Sport
Registration date : 2009-11-19

Audi booked into R-Tech monday! :) Empty
PostSubject: Audi booked into R-Tech monday! :)   Audi booked into R-Tech monday! :) EmptyFri Mar 05 2010, 22:25

hey everyone!

finally after doing a few mods, then saving up the pennies for a re-map, ive finally booked my car into r-tech for a re-map!

Ive heard some good things about them and the guy on the phone was very helpful!

Ill get the dyno graphs up asap on monday! with already having a de-cat, forge and K&n, hopefully should be seeing over 200bhp?! AUM with a Ko3s, so 220bhp should be obtainable Smile

also, the guy (nick if i remeber) recommended i ditch my K&N 57i induction kit and opt for the standard air-box with a performance panel filter. anyone else ditched their induction kits to opt for the performance panel filter instead?? Suppose it makes sense with the "heat-soak"??

Monday cant come sooner! lol cheers
Back to top Go down
20v-turbo
VAG Legend
20v-turbo

Number of posts : 3559
Ride : mk3 16v, mk3 8v, tt 225, a4 20v, mk2 20vt blah blah
Registration date : 2009-11-01

PostSubject: Re: Audi booked into R-Tech monday! :)   Audi booked into R-Tech monday! :) EmptySat Mar 06 2010, 11:05

wouldnt mind knowing how it goes, might do the same Razz
Back to top Go down
Dyl J
Keyboard Warrior
Dyl J

Number of posts : 30
Ride : ibiza cupra
Registration date : 2009-12-27

PostSubject: Re: Audi booked into R-Tech monday! :)   Audi booked into R-Tech monday! :) EmptySat Mar 06 2010, 17:43

big intercooler will help with heat soat if u have a open cone. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
DionBullock
Keyboard Warrior
DionBullock

PostSubject: Re: Audi booked into R-Tech monday! :)   Audi booked into R-Tech monday! :) EmptySat Mar 06 2010, 17:52

Front mount intercooler would look ace and perform better, but they are abit expensive Sad

20-vt - for £250 it transformes ur car, with your AGU engine and Ko3 turbo, 190-195bhp is said to be the max, swap ur turbo (straight swap btw) for a ko3s, and then ull get 200bhp+ easily.

the ultimate "cheap" mod for alot more bhp would be to go for the daddy Ko4 turbo, as on the TT 225bhp, S3, leon Cupra R.... not much work to upgrade that way! hardest part is finding a decently priced ko4 turbo + manifold! 270-300bhp is easily obtainable, from a 1.8! lol
Back to top Go down
dubber dude
Keyboard Warrior
dubber dude

Number of posts : 202
Ride : gti mk1, audi a3, t4 transporter
Registration date : 2009-12-06

PostSubject: Re: Audi booked into R-Tech monday! :)   Audi booked into R-Tech monday! :) EmptySun Mar 07 2010, 08:58

i ditched the cone on mine !! it brought the management light on and i saw no difference !!! i was told it was cus the maf sensor was picking up the oil that was soaked in the filter !!! so i went back to a performance panel !! lights still though..but ive been told its temp sensor though...does the k04 bolt straight on or do i need the manifold too ???
Back to top Go down
DionBullock
Keyboard Warrior
DionBullock

PostSubject: Re: Audi booked into R-Tech monday! :)   Audi booked into R-Tech monday! :) EmptySun Mar 07 2010, 09:56

I think you need to change the manifold aswel, not to sure, but its alot easier than going for a diffrent turbo set-up like garret or other ones like that where you have to custom make nearly everything to bolt them on!

my management light is on also, but i dont know if its because of the K&N or the De-cat, or could be both?! But r-tech said they can do the diagnostic and sort it out for me Smile
Back to top Go down
DionBullock
Keyboard Warrior
DionBullock

PostSubject: Re: Audi booked into R-Tech monday! :)   Audi booked into R-Tech monday! :) EmptyMon Mar 08 2010, 23:45

hey guys!

well its been re-mapped and i must say its a whole diffrent car! Absolutly amazing!! many thanks to all the guys down at R-tech! done a superb job with my car and i must say the drive home was alot beeter than the drive there! lol

ill get the dyno printouts up in the morning as my scanner is in work.

But the figures i had were (at fly)

standard (with de-cat, forge007 & K&N 57i) 159.34bhp + 153.19lb-ft of torque

Mapped (with same mods) 221.97bhp + 233.01lb-ft
cheers

the guys told me to ditch the K&N induction and go for the performance panel filter, so i bought one and will fit it this week sometime, hopefuly itll be even better then without the K&N sucking all the hot air in! lol
Back to top Go down
20v-turbo
VAG Legend
20v-turbo

PostSubject: Re: Audi booked into R-Tech monday! :)   Audi booked into R-Tech monday! :) EmptyTue Mar 09 2010, 00:10

baseically a frnt wheel drive s3 Razz
Back to top Go down
DionBullock
Keyboard Warrior
DionBullock

PostSubject: Re: Audi booked into R-Tech monday! :)   Audi booked into R-Tech monday! :) EmptyTue Mar 09 2010, 15:44

Yup Smile lol bloody goes like stink now!!!

The graph Smile

Audi booked into R-Tech monday! :) Scan0001
Back to top Go down
20v-turbo
VAG Legend
20v-turbo

PostSubject: Re: Audi booked into R-Tech monday! :)   Audi booked into R-Tech monday! :) EmptyTue Mar 09 2010, 15:46

money well spent Razz
Back to top Go down
OwainMK1
VAG Whore
OwainMK1

Number of posts : 1464
Ride : MK1 Golf Gti + MK5 Golf Gti
Registration date : 2009-05-17

PostSubject: Re: Audi booked into R-Tech monday! :)   Audi booked into R-Tech monday! :) EmptyTue Mar 09 2010, 15:49

akin hell of a difference there with just a re-map. nice one, like owning a new car ?
Back to top Go down
20v-turbo
VAG Legend
20v-turbo

PostSubject: Re: Audi booked into R-Tech monday! :)   Audi booked into R-Tech monday! :) EmptyTue Mar 09 2010, 15:50

i frgt to ask, how has this affected ure mpg lool ??
Back to top Go down
DionBullock
Keyboard Warrior
DionBullock

PostSubject: Re: Audi booked into R-Tech monday! :)   Audi booked into R-Tech monday! :) EmptyTue Mar 09 2010, 17:06

its like owning a whole new car!! A 09plate civic type R didnt have chance coming through capel curig on my way home last night Razz say no more...

my mpg is up aswell, averaging about 5mpg more now, but still early days to tell properly! lol

there was and AGU a3 there the same time as me, his got up to 190bhp with a re-map! not bad either, but he wasted his money on a full miltek system which didnt sound half as good as the one sion hibbot did for mine! Smile

best £250 ive ever spent!
Back to top Go down
20v-turbo
VAG Legend
20v-turbo

PostSubject: Re: Audi booked into R-Tech monday! :)   Audi booked into R-Tech monday! :) EmptyTue Mar 09 2010, 18:10

so the aug gt 190 ish on bvasically a standard car ? Razz
Back to top Go down
DionBullock
Keyboard Warrior
DionBullock

PostSubject: Re: Audi booked into R-Tech monday! :)   Audi booked into R-Tech monday! :) EmptyTue Mar 09 2010, 19:32

as far as i could tell, he had de-cated it with a miltek system, cold air feed induction kit (viper i think) and a forge 007p recirc valve, wasnt standard, but just bolt on mods.
Back to top Go down
20v-turbo
VAG Legend
20v-turbo

PostSubject: Re: Audi booked into R-Tech monday! :)   Audi booked into R-Tech monday! :) EmptyTue Mar 09 2010, 19:34

so thts not bad then and extra 50 ish bhp Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Audi booked into R-Tech monday! :)   Audi booked into R-Tech monday! :) Empty

Back to top Go down

Audi booked into R-Tech monday! :)
Page 1 of 1