VAG Wales
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

best polish to use

Go down 
+9
Sparky
REDLooP
20v-turbo
Owain_Bora_TDI
Cymro
Vyizis
matt
OwainMK1
vwlupo
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Sparky
VAG Resident
Sparky

Number of posts : 399
Ride : VW Golf GTI MK3 8V
Registration date : 2009-05-28

best polish to use - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: best polish to use   best polish to use - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 24 2010, 20:40

PianoMan wrote:
I use a lot of Autoglym products (although some can be a little chalky), Mer, Meguiars, Simoniz and Autosmart Mirror Image, which is the BOMB as far's I'm concerned. I have a red car too mate, so yeah - if you have any faded bits, the Mer all rounder polish (in a blue, square container) is good for oxidised paint etc. Autoglym's SRP (super Resin Polish), EGP (Extra Gloss protection), etc are good for maintaining a shine, but remember to top / seal it all off with a decent wax. Also - SRP if I remember correctly, claims that it removes swirl marks, but it doesn't, it kinda fills them? But as I said - Mirror Image (found on Fleabay by an awesome guy who's a valeter who sells it to you in bottles, that's really good stuff. A few off another forum use it, and there's a stunning Ibiza GTi which uses it often, so it's some good stuff!) To think that I was pretty cynical about it initially, thinking he was putting some any old sh*t into bottles, I was wrong!

I can vouch for Mirror Image I used to use it on my cough cough Fiat Punto cough cough. I use the Autosmart Platinum Polish on mine it doesn't have as much cut as Mirror Image but it's ideal for metallics. I used all Autosmart stuff when I was a valeter for Pentraeth and my boot is still full of the stuff just incase i fancy some valeting while my Fiancee is shoppping. I don't know what would happen if I got rear ended cos I have a few aerosols in the boot too. Laughing
Back to top Go down
PianoMan
Scene Mincer

Number of posts : 792
Ride : Ibiza Mk2
Registration date : 2009-07-13

PostSubject: Re: best polish to use   best polish to use - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 24 2010, 20:43

haha, it'd be like the gazza strip all in one car...

And yeah - kudos to Mirror Image / Autosmart. Beautiful stuff!... I like how "no frills" all the products are off this nice guy on eBay too. Just a simple bottle with a marker on it, no fancy labelling shit.
Back to top Go down
hodge112
VAG Whore
hodge112

Number of posts : 1346
Ride : mk1 golf, lupo 1.4s, mk2 golf driver
Registration date : 2009-02-03

PostSubject: Re: best polish to use   best polish to use - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 24 2010, 20:45

i wouldnt bother with an all in one polish personally

depends how much you wanna be spending, how bad your paintworks is, and how much time you wanna be spending on it too, and how often

for the most part you get what you pay for, if the paints got defects then id recommend machine polishing

best bet is to take a look on the mentioned websites study
Back to top Go down
Sparky
VAG Resident
Sparky

Number of posts : 399
Ride : VW Golf GTI MK3 8V
Registration date : 2009-05-28

PostSubject: Re: best polish to use   best polish to use - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 24 2010, 20:47

PianoMan wrote:
haha, it'd be like the gazza strip all in one car...

And yeah - kudos to Mirror Image / Autosmart. Beautiful stuff!... I like how "no frills" all the products are off this nice guy on eBay too. Just a simple bottle with a marker on it, no fancy labelling shit.

Get intouch with Paul Autosmart instead of getting it off ebay, his number is probably in the paper somewhere. He's a top bloke but his dog scares the shit out of me. Sad
Back to top Go down
vwlupo
VAG Resident
vwlupo

Number of posts : 279
Ride : Very low & slow Lupo
Registration date : 2010-03-22

PostSubject: Re: best polish to use   best polish to use - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 24 2010, 20:50

a dont really want to spend loads on polish and am lazy an prob try gt sum 1 to do it for me lol cuz id prob do crap job lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: best polish to use   best polish to use - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

best polish to use
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2