VAG Wales
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Front and back VW Badges

Go down 
+2
Cymro
Sparky
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Sparky
VAG Resident
Sparky

Number of posts : 399
Ride : VW Golf GTI MK3 8V
Registration date : 2009-05-28

Front and back VW Badges Empty
PostSubject: Front and back VW Badges   Front and back VW Badges EmptyMon Mar 29 2010, 08:48

I'm thinking of spraying the VW badges and the front GTI badge black but just wondering what are the thoughts on this?? Has anyone seen someone do it on a car the same colour as mine. I don't want to do it and find out it looks turd and then be stuck with them. They are chrome at the moment and I sprayed the GTI badge on the grill chrome too but with the lights tinted maybe black badges would work.
Back to top Go down
Cymro
VAG Wales Admin
Cymro

Number of posts : 2222
Ride : Mk2 Polo "Fern", Mitsubishi Eclipse Cross
Registration date : 2008-03-26

PostSubject: Re: Front and back VW Badges   Front and back VW Badges EmptyMon Mar 29 2010, 09:19

I thought about it on mine, then decided on silver with flasback fleck.
Back to top Go down
Sparky
VAG Resident
Sparky

PostSubject: Re: Front and back VW Badges   Front and back VW Badges EmptyMon Mar 29 2010, 10:19

Well there's plenty of time before All Types to experiment. I might get drunk and just do it and then it's tough shit if I don't like it. Laughing
Back to top Go down
PianoMan
Scene Mincer

Number of posts : 792
Ride : Ibiza Mk2
Registration date : 2009-07-13

PostSubject: Re: Front and back VW Badges   Front and back VW Badges EmptyMon Mar 29 2010, 11:16

Why don't you put up a quick snap of the front and rear, or try experimenting yourself on photoshop with some ideas? That's assuming of course that you can use it? Failing that, I'm sure someone on here would do it Smile Just and idea! Smile
Back to top Go down
jonesy
Keyboard Warrior
jonesy

Number of posts : 34
Ride : R32 and MKI Caddy
Registration date : 2010-08-12

PostSubject: Re: Front and back VW Badges   Front and back VW Badges EmptyThu Aug 12 2010, 20:23

Sparky wrote:
I'm thinking of spraying the VW badges and the front GTI badge black but just wondering what are the thoughts on this?? Has anyone seen someone do it on a car the same colour as mine. I don't want to do it and find out it looks turd and then be stuck with them. They are chrome at the moment and I sprayed the GTI badge on the grill chrome too but with the lights tinted maybe black badges would work.

You can buy black VW badges from Ebay cheap as chips, you could swap them over easy enough. You could colour code them if you wanted too? I have black badges and it looks sweet.
Back to top Go down
technique
VAG Wales Admin
technique

Number of posts : 2437
Ride : MK4 R32 - Breaking MK3 GTI / VR6
Registration date : 2008-02-22

PostSubject: Re: Front and back VW Badges   Front and back VW Badges EmptyFri Aug 13 2010, 16:45

It works, i have it on mine. should suit any colour as black goes with anything. I used BBQ paint as it doesnt chip easily and settles quite flat. I need to do mine againe tho as i got some paper on it when it was drying lol.
Back to top Go down
Sparky
VAG Resident
Sparky

PostSubject: Re: Front and back VW Badges   Front and back VW Badges EmptyMon Aug 16 2010, 07:25

Yeah I did this before All Types and it looks good and it was a piece of piss to remove the badges.
Back to top Go down
matt
The Guv'nor
matt

Number of posts : 3456
Ride : lupo gti with a bit of a kick
Registration date : 2008-02-03

PostSubject: Re: Front and back VW Badges   Front and back VW Badges EmptyMon Aug 16 2010, 12:35

black badges ftw
Back to top Go down
http://www.vagwales.net
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Front and back VW Badges   Front and back VW Badges Empty

Back to top Go down

Front and back VW Badges
Page 1 of 1