VAG Wales
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Can anyone tell me...

Go down 
+3
technique
20v-turbo
hank chinaski
7 posters
AuthorMessage
hank chinaski
Fresh Meat
hank chinaski

Number of posts : 12
Ride : Golf GTi MK3
Registration date : 2010-03-17

Can anyone tell me... Empty
PostSubject: Can anyone tell me...   Can anyone tell me... EmptyTue Apr 13 2010, 21:38

...if a set of mk4 Gti wheels will fit on a mk3 GTi? These wheels are 5 stud and any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Back to top Go down
20v-turbo
VAG Legend
20v-turbo

Number of posts : 3559
Ride : mk3 16v, mk3 8v, tt 225, a4 20v, mk2 20vt blah blah
Registration date : 2009-11-01

PostSubject: Re: Can anyone tell me...   Can anyone tell me... EmptyTue Apr 13 2010, 23:04

ye mk4 wheels will fit mk3, as long as its 5 stud

mk4 is 5x100
mk3 is 5 x100

but mk5 is 5x112
Back to top Go down
technique
VAG Wales Admin
technique

Number of posts : 2437
Ride : MK4 R32 - Breaking MK3 GTI / VR6
Registration date : 2008-02-22

PostSubject: Re: Can anyone tell me...   Can anyone tell me... EmptyWed Apr 14 2010, 09:57

Early Audi TT's fit too for reference mate, 6 spokes, comps etc.
Back to top Go down
hank chinaski
Fresh Meat
hank chinaski

PostSubject: Cheers fellas...   Can anyone tell me... EmptyWed Apr 14 2010, 15:45

technique wrote:
Early Audi TT's fit too for reference mate, 6 spokes, comps etc.
Thanks fellas your help is much appreciated. I got stopped by Old Bill Saturday afternoon turns out the insurance company has not taken my monthly premium leaving me un-insured, that was the reason for the tug. It then transpired that I have 4 bald tyres to boot so a ban I think is unavoidable. So I'm gonna get some new tyres/wheels on and flog the car. Absolutely fucking gutted fellas...fucking gutted
Back to top Go down
technique
VAG Wales Admin
technique

Number of posts : 2437
Ride : MK4 R32 - Breaking MK3 GTI / VR6
Registration date : 2008-02-22

PostSubject: Re: Can anyone tell me...   Can anyone tell me... EmptyWed Apr 14 2010, 17:12

thats mate! I thought it was usually just a fine?
Back to top Go down
IbizaCupra
Keyboard Warrior
IbizaCupra

Number of posts : 31
Ride : Seat Ibiza 1.4
Registration date : 2009-10-18

PostSubject: Re: Can anyone tell me...   Can anyone tell me... EmptyThu Apr 15 2010, 00:21

I think its a point per bold tyre
Back to top Go down
20v-turbo
VAG Legend
20v-turbo

Number of posts : 3559
Ride : mk3 16v, mk3 8v, tt 225, a4 20v, mk2 20vt blah blah
Registration date : 2009-11-01

PostSubject: Re: Can anyone tell me...   Can anyone tell me... EmptyThu Apr 15 2010, 01:16

IbizaCupra wrote:
I think its a point per bold tyre

ope its 3 points per tyre, i was warned lol, nasty buggers lol its 1 point 4 having an empty screen wash bottle ha ha
Back to top Go down
daz3883
Keyboard Warrior
daz3883

Number of posts : 210
Ride : GTi Turbo MK4
Registration date : 2009-09-14

PostSubject: Re: Can anyone tell me...   Can anyone tell me... EmptyThu Apr 15 2010, 15:27

3 points and a 60 squid slap on the wrist 4 each tyre m8, had it with my cupra sport, outside wall looked fine but the wires were jst about comin through on the inside wall and the stupid barsteward cut his little pinky so was defo not gna let me get away with it!! Laughing
Back to top Go down
Crazy Steve
Keyboard Warrior

Number of posts : 25
Ride : Merc 190 Nose down FTW
Registration date : 2009-12-07

PostSubject: Re: Can anyone tell me...   Can anyone tell me... EmptySat Apr 17 2010, 18:12

On the insurance side of things they have to send you notification of cancellation of insurance, for you to know that the vehicle isnt insured anymore etc. But they will always try to get the monthly premium out again a few days later. Unless it hadnt been taken out for 2 months or more etc then it would be unlikely that the insurance will be cancelled.

Also this is why insurance policies now have an automatic renewal built into them as to make sure your not driving without insurance should something happen when you forget to renew.

Check your post see if they have sent you letters. Also, on the tyre front, did the coppers give you any slips etc for rectification?

Did they take the car off you? as if it shows on their systems as No insurance, they have to impound it.

Steve
Back to top Go down
StopWatchingTV
VAG Resident
StopWatchingTV

Number of posts : 437
Ride : MK3 Gti 8v
Registration date : 2009-10-31

PostSubject: Re: Can anyone tell me...   Can anyone tell me... EmptySat Apr 17 2010, 20:18

my balls are swolen
Back to top Go down
hank chinaski
Fresh Meat
hank chinaski

PostSubject: Re: Can anyone tell me...   Can anyone tell me... EmptyTue Apr 20 2010, 16:16

Thanks for that mate, I have received no cancellation letter. To be honest the copper let me off with the bald tyres and I think the only reason he did'nt impound it was because it was Saturday afternoon he'd just finished nights and I don't think he wanted to hang round waiting for the tow truck, he looked fucked!!!I already have 6 points for speeding and no insurance is 6-12 points. I phoned the insurance company but they can't tell me anything as I am a named driver on my girlfriends policy and she is now back in New Zealand, (I know...it's complicated). To add to the confusion my monthly premium goes out of my mothers account and it has'nt been deducted since February, so now almost three weeks later i await the dreaded letter summoning me to court. Never know I might be lucky though I doubt it cos knowing my luck if I fell in a barrel of tits I'd come out sucking my thumb...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Can anyone tell me...   Can anyone tell me... Empty

Back to top Go down

Can anyone tell me...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
VAG Wales :: VagWales Chat :: General Vag Chat-
Jump to: