VAG Wales
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

anyone know about false floor layouts?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
20v-turbo
VAG Legend
20v-turbo

Number of posts : 3559
Ride : mk3 16v, mk3 8v, tt 225, a4 20v, mk2 20vt blah blah
Registration date : 2009-11-01

anyone know about false floor layouts? Empty
PostSubject: anyone know about false floor layouts?   anyone know about false floor layouts? EmptyThu Apr 22 2010, 18:31

i been at it all day feeing wires rhrough my car, done a good effort to hide them, since ive got 2 large earths, 2 large battery cables, 3 phono cables running from the head unit and few speaker wires

atm im nott running a spare wheel cause it was bald, so im thinking bout putting my sub in the wheel well, cd changer were the factory sub was, and not too sure where to put my amp as its a big 6 channle one

might put it in the wheel well with the sub

what i mainly want to know is

1. is it ok to put it in the wheel well?
2,shud i insulate the well?
3. should i rase the boot a bit so tht the sebs completly hidden or is it bet to have a cut out in the carpet so the speakers exposed??
4.whats best material and thicknes material to use?

baseically them, any more advise would be helpfull thanks
Back to top Go down
REDLooP
VAG Wales Admin
REDLooP

Number of posts : 1184
Ride : 1.0 LUPO Low & Slow
Registration date : 2008-05-12

PostSubject: Re: anyone know about false floor layouts?   anyone know about false floor layouts? EmptyThu Apr 22 2010, 21:18

best to use atleast 18mm mdf or thicker, or you can mould it out of fiberglass, but you would need to brace it abit to keep the stiffness.

you'll most likely need to the use the whole wheel well to get the size of the box big enough for a 12" subwoofer.

you can sound deaden the wheel well abit, but most likely the sheet metal in the boot will resonate alot more.

Can make yourself a flase floor thats say 4 inches above the orginal boot floor, least then you can hide the amp and all the wiring easy.

You dont need to have the sub on show, as low freqs dont have a directional tone. aslong as the false floor isnt so sealed that you effectivly almost bandpassing the sub with the false floor

try heading over to www.talkaudio.co.uk to see some installs
Back to top Go down
20v-turbo
VAG Legend
20v-turbo

Number of posts : 3559
Ride : mk3 16v, mk3 8v, tt 225, a4 20v, mk2 20vt blah blah
Registration date : 2009-11-01

PostSubject: Re: anyone know about false floor layouts?   anyone know about false floor layouts? EmptyThu Apr 22 2010, 21:30

thank you kindly
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: anyone know about false floor layouts?   anyone know about false floor layouts? Empty

Back to top Go down

anyone know about false floor layouts?
Page 1 of 1