VAG Wales
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

how to get away with a speeding ticket?

Go down 
+4
mErCuTi0
Bara Caws
20v-turbo
stuartmc88
8 posters
AuthorMessage
stuartmc88
VAG Wales Moderator
stuartmc88

Number of posts : 275
Ride : vw t4, mk2 scirocco Gt2, Golf mk5 tdi
Registration date : 2010-02-03

how to get away with a speeding ticket? Empty
PostSubject: how to get away with a speeding ticket?   how to get away with a speeding ticket? EmptyThu May 06 2010, 23:35

on my way home this evening doing 69 in the 50 area of the A55 a copper was hidden on the old colwyn junction of the A55 i ended up with a ticket and 3 points. does anybody know of a way of how i could get away with this? it was 11:30 pm and there was nothing on the road and the weather was ok.

Arent the police vehicles doing speed checks suppost to be visable?
get these points and it will screw up my instructor training.
so any help would be much appriciated
Back to top Go down
20v-turbo
VAG Legend
20v-turbo

Number of posts : 3559
Ride : mk3 16v, mk3 8v, tt 225, a4 20v, mk2 20vt blah blah
Registration date : 2009-11-01

PostSubject: Re: how to get away with a speeding ticket?   how to get away with a speeding ticket? EmptyFri May 07 2010, 00:00

depends on wat it was

the arrive alive vans must be visible
coppers with a gun can do wat they want

bestt ways to get way with

tell them ure being chased by an aggresive driver and that you were scared, and only reason u havent phoned police is that because u needed to concentrate on driving and to mke sure tht u reach a safe destination befre phoning them (seen few people get away with tit)
throttle stuk (only on prius or any toyota though hhaha Razz)
someone was dying
emergancy wife giving birth, sumone involved in accident
ask them if their gun was calibrated (best bet, if they havent then u get away with it)
pleed in court that you have clean licence, road conditions were clear
Back to top Go down
Bara Caws
Keyboard Warrior
Bara Caws

Number of posts : 235
Ride : Golf GT TDi 110
Registration date : 2009-03-07

PostSubject: Re: how to get away with a speeding ticket?   how to get away with a speeding ticket? EmptyFri May 07 2010, 00:05

In a nutshell i think youll just have to take it on the chin im afraid :\

Possible helpfull suggestions:

*Ask for a calibration sheet of the speed gun of that day if you take it too court?

*Go back to the area and look for speed cam signs on the road? If the five-oh weren't visabe and/or 100 yards iirc of the signs you could protest that?

*If you take it to court you could plead your case about the intructor training course and hope for sympathy?

*Take the ticket to the police station and ask for the speed awareneess course that can be taken instead of the points and fixed penalty (if they ask in the station how much you were doing just say you forogot or around the 60-65mph mark because if you were doing 10+ mph i dont think you qualify for thr course)

Sounds like hassle i know but it might just get you off!

Hope this helps and good luck bud
Back to top Go down
20v-turbo
VAG Legend
20v-turbo

PostSubject: Re: how to get away with a speeding ticket?   how to get away with a speeding ticket? EmptyFri May 07 2010, 00:07

i agrree with bara caws actually, go for the spead awareness course, its baseically retaking ure test, nice and easy, but u only get to use this card once every 3 yars
Back to top Go down
stuartmc88
VAG Wales Moderator
stuartmc88

PostSubject: Re: how to get away with a speeding ticket?   how to get away with a speeding ticket? EmptyFri May 07 2010, 00:30

cheers for the advice guys. i had the mrs in the car and when the lights came on behind us the speedo only showed us doin 49 mph so where he got 69 from i will never know. the guy must of been bored out of his brains to be sat on a junction of the A55 at 11:30pm.

does the radar gun record the speed, vehicle details and time & date?

doesnt the copper have to prove that i was speeding?
Back to top Go down
20v-turbo
VAG Legend
20v-turbo

PostSubject: Re: how to get away with a speeding ticket?   how to get away with a speeding ticket? EmptyFri May 07 2010, 00:34

radar gun only takes down speed, and to get accurate reading of the gun he must be as still as possible and also follow the car/van as it passes, its nt accurate unless they get a good lock on

radar usues infared beams tht bounses back think it takes a 5 second lock or more for it to be accurate (mythbusters say)
Back to top Go down
stuartmc88
VAG Wales Moderator
stuartmc88

PostSubject: Re: how to get away with a speeding ticket?   how to get away with a speeding ticket? EmptyFri May 07 2010, 00:44

will it hold a record of my speed for him to present in evidence at court?
Back to top Go down
20v-turbo
VAG Legend
20v-turbo

PostSubject: Re: how to get away with a speeding ticket?   how to get away with a speeding ticket? EmptyFri May 07 2010, 01:08

the only wevidence they will have if it was a handgun radar will be a written statement by the officer, as they are nt ble to produce printouts and store data, radar guns is baseically, they clok you then chase you, and they can only prove its you if they catch u or get video or photographic proof of ure viehle caneing it lol
Back to top Go down
stuartmc88
VAG Wales Moderator
stuartmc88

PostSubject: Re: how to get away with a speeding ticket?   how to get away with a speeding ticket? EmptyFri May 07 2010, 01:14

so basicly its his word against mine then?
Back to top Go down
mErCuTi0
VAG Wales Admin
mErCuTi0

Number of posts : 1331
Ride : Audi A6 1.8T
Registration date : 2008-05-25

PostSubject: Re: how to get away with a speeding ticket?   how to get away with a speeding ticket? EmptyFri May 07 2010, 04:51

I believe they have the camera signs on the 50mph zone of Cbay... they're always bloody there.

I usually slow to 55mph when passing the junctions... but that copper must've been having a bad day, 'cause once or twice I forgot and went past at about 60mph... wasn't as late as 11:30pm though. Suspect
Back to top Go down
http://www.udf2.com
tombombvw
Keyboard Warrior
tombombvw

Number of posts : 249
Ride : mk4 golf
Registration date : 2010-01-18

PostSubject: Re: how to get away with a speeding ticket?   how to get away with a speeding ticket? EmptyFri May 07 2010, 09:11

id take it to court for appeal, as its not 10 mph over the limit and it would affect you job if you had points so they can appeal for the driving course, otherwise, you can fight it but if you lose you will come off worse with the points and £150 to pay
Back to top Go down
http://www.bomberaudio.co.uk
stuartmc88
VAG Wales Moderator
stuartmc88

PostSubject: Re: how to get away with a speeding ticket?   how to get away with a speeding ticket? EmptyFri May 07 2010, 09:21

ive decided to go to court just been to the police station to tell them of my intensions. anyone know how long it will take untill it goes to court?
Back to top Go down
Cymro
VAG Wales Admin
Cymro

Number of posts : 2222
Ride : Mk2 Polo "Fern", Mitsubishi Eclipse Cross
Registration date : 2008-03-26

PostSubject: Re: how to get away with a speeding ticket?   how to get away with a speeding ticket? EmptyFri May 07 2010, 10:04

You need to aquire all the evidence possible, write letters not e-mails and make sure those letters are send recorded/signed for, traffic cars are fitted with camera's, if he was using the tailing method then you need the video evidence from the car, calibration certificate for the cars speedo, calibration certificate for the speed detection unit on the on-board camera. If he was using the gun then, you need the calibration certificate for that (some of them do record video), units location (some have GPS locators), if its a video one then you need that check that the symbols that flash on the screen are right (each symbol means something different).

All this must be recived before any court case, if it isnt then go to court anyway and claim that you have not received the necessary evidence needed to construct a defence (at this point the judge will either throw it out or arrange another court date).

As for court then it will be about 6months in most cases. try and find a speeding lawyer but doing it yourself is quite easy (I got lucky as the camera partnership was useless)

Good Luck.
Back to top Go down
ben16v
Keyboard Warrior
ben16v

Number of posts : 147
Ride : was - corrado 16v : now - Arosa TDi
Registration date : 2009-05-15

PostSubject: Re: how to get away with a speeding ticket?   how to get away with a speeding ticket? EmptyFri May 07 2010, 14:40

check out pepipoo website too
Back to top Go down
mErCuTi0
VAG Wales Admin
mErCuTi0

Number of posts : 1331
Ride : Audi A6 1.8T
Registration date : 2008-05-25

PostSubject: Re: how to get away with a speeding ticket?   how to get away with a speeding ticket? EmptySat May 08 2010, 05:13

If only I could give you proof of yesterday evening.... the BMW was at that spot as I drove past @ 65mph.. and it didn't flinch.

Thing is, it was rush hour so the two cars in front were doing the same speed AND probably more importantly.. so was the car up me bum!

It's why I was surprised you got done for 59mph :\
Back to top Go down
http://www.udf2.com
timmy_b_vr6
VAG Resident
timmy_b_vr6

Number of posts : 478
Ride : golf vr6
Registration date : 2009-01-30

PostSubject: Re: how to get away with a speeding ticket?   how to get away with a speeding ticket? EmptySat May 08 2010, 08:36

tbh there more likely to belive the cop as wot does he have to gain by lying bout ur speed, if u aint been summons to court then ur more than likely goin to have to pay court costs, all i can suggest from experience is if u do go to court pleed with them to take ur instructor thing into account an hope that u have a soft judge like i did, all i got was a 28day ban an no points an a £215 fine an that was after doin 77 in a 30

gdluck woteva happens though an watch ur speed lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: how to get away with a speeding ticket?   how to get away with a speeding ticket? Empty

Back to top Go down

how to get away with a speeding ticket?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
VAG Wales :: VagWales Chat :: General Chat-
Jump to: