VAG Wales
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Help or advice on my 1.8T

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
DionBullock
Keyboard Warrior
DionBullock

Number of posts : 148
Ride : A3 1.8T Sport
Registration date : 2009-11-19

Help or advice on my 1.8T  Empty
PostSubject: Help or advice on my 1.8T    Help or advice on my 1.8T  EmptyMon Aug 09 2010, 13:08

Hey guys!

I was driving home the other day when a warning light started to flash on my dashboard. it was the oil can light flashing and beeping like crazy! So i pulled over, had a look under the bonnet, checked the dipstick (plenty of oil) checked the coolant level and everything looked a-ok...

so jamp back in the car and drove a few miles home, light wentoff as soon as i set off again). But after a few miles a weird noise started coming from the engine... oil light stayed off, temp guage was fine, weird! by the time id got home (3-4 miles later) , the noise was quite noticable and thought that was it, the engine is fucked! But after 10 mins i started her up again and she sounded fine, no rattling or anything!

I was away all wekend so i just took her for a 10 mile drive to see if these "problems" would happen again, but nothing?!?!

My guess is the oil pump being faulty??? or some sensor maybe?? i havent a clue??? Scared to take it for a long drive just incase the engine blows or something?!?! lol

All this happened on my audi a3 1.8t aum btw Smile
Back to top Go down
Chris_Wales
Keyboard Warrior
Chris_Wales

Number of posts : 71
Ride : Bora Sport PD240
Registration date : 2009-02-20

PostSubject: Re: Help or advice on my 1.8T    Help or advice on my 1.8T  EmptyMon Aug 09 2010, 13:38

I'd suggest a vag com scan to see if anything has been thown up.

What did the noise sound like? The light would be low oil level or pressure IIRC.

Oil pressure switch maybe?
Back to top Go down
DionBullock
Keyboard Warrior
DionBullock

Number of posts : 148
Ride : A3 1.8T Sport
Registration date : 2009-11-19

PostSubject: Re: Help or advice on my 1.8T    Help or advice on my 1.8T  EmptyMon Aug 09 2010, 16:53

ive had a look on the audi forums and there is a common fault on the a3/golf 1.8t with the sump and the pipe that picks up the oil from the sump can get blocked a bit if a thicker oil is used as il only holds 3.5ltrs!!

car ran fine all day today :S
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Help or advice on my 1.8T    Help or advice on my 1.8T  Empty

Back to top Go down

Help or advice on my 1.8T
Page 1 of 1