VAG Wales
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

eurocarparts supplied me with wrong clutch.......where do i stand?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
misspolo1.6
Keyboard Warrior
misspolo1.6

Number of posts : 42
Ride : Polo 1.6 cl '95'
Registration date : 2010-10-20

eurocarparts supplied me with wrong clutch.......where do i stand? Empty
PostSubject: eurocarparts supplied me with wrong clutch.......where do i stand?   eurocarparts supplied me with wrong clutch.......where do i stand? EmptySun Dec 12 2010, 20:47

basically got a cheapo transmec clutch from ecp's last week and had it fitted to the polo. turns out the pressure plate was the wrong fittment. as the splines are pertruding slightly more than they do on a standard one. so its catching when the engine is running.

so because of this we've had to have the job done twice. (2nd time got a luk 1 from c.e.s.)?

would it be worth askin ecp's for compo, as the parts have either been supplied wrong by ecp or manufacturers, as the mechanic has had to be paid x2 ??

affraid
Back to top Go down
20v-turbo
VAG Legend
20v-turbo

Number of posts : 3559
Ride : mk3 16v, mk3 8v, tt 225, a4 20v, mk2 20vt blah blah
Registration date : 2009-11-01

PostSubject: Re: eurocarparts supplied me with wrong clutch.......where do i stand?   eurocarparts supplied me with wrong clutch.......where do i stand? EmptySun Dec 12 2010, 20:58

u cat get compo, u could just about get your moeny back since u used it

usually this fault will be the mechanics fault, because, your ment to mke sure the part is the same, same number etc or same shape and size, cause i gt the wrng bearing fr my audi as there are 3 different tyoes, but mechanic spotted this first nd gt another one
Back to top Go down
misspolo1.6
Keyboard Warrior
misspolo1.6

Number of posts : 42
Ride : Polo 1.6 cl '95'
Registration date : 2010-10-20

PostSubject: Re: eurocarparts supplied me with wrong clutch.......where do i stand?   eurocarparts supplied me with wrong clutch.......where do i stand? EmptySun Dec 12 2010, 21:11

yeah thats what i was thinkin. we've already got a refund on the clutch but was just wondering if we could get that bit more, lol!!
Back to top Go down
20v-turbo
VAG Legend
20v-turbo

Number of posts : 3559
Ride : mk3 16v, mk3 8v, tt 225, a4 20v, mk2 20vt blah blah
Registration date : 2009-11-01

PostSubject: Re: eurocarparts supplied me with wrong clutch.......where do i stand?   eurocarparts supplied me with wrong clutch.......where do i stand? EmptySun Dec 12 2010, 21:13

everyone wonders if they could get bit more hahah

if u supplied them with the part number of the right clutch then im guessing you could get compo maybeee, or if u used the reg then thts a smaller chnce as the computer never brings up the right numbers haha
Back to top Go down
matt
The Guv'nor
matt

Number of posts : 3456
Ride : lupo gti with a bit of a kick
Registration date : 2008-02-03

PostSubject: Re: eurocarparts supplied me with wrong clutch.......where do i stand?   eurocarparts supplied me with wrong clutch.......where do i stand? EmptySun Dec 12 2010, 22:43

U should be able to get some sort of comp not 100% tho I've just replaced my clutch I never use Ecp a they are rubish for this type of thing go to ces next time much better for getting the right parts
Matt
Back to top Go down
http://www.vagwales.net
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: eurocarparts supplied me with wrong clutch.......where do i stand?   eurocarparts supplied me with wrong clutch.......where do i stand? Empty

Back to top Go down

eurocarparts supplied me with wrong clutch.......where do i stand?
Page 1 of 1