Go down 
AuthorMessage
dubzy
Fresh Meat

Number of posts : 2
Ride : 1.8 golf 3 gsx carb
Registration date : 2012-02-29

golf 3 1.8 carb swtiches off  Empty
PostSubject: golf 3 1.8 carb swtiches off    golf 3 1.8 carb swtiches off  EmptyWed Feb 29 2012, 19:43

Hi all

Please can some one help me as I have turned to this forum as my only resort, I have a golf three 1.8 carb , and the problem is that when I was driving today the rev counter starts to fluctuate and junp on its own with a ticking sound coming from the dash, many people have had a look and could not find the fault, the moment that happens the car is bound to switch off and start up again, I did change the coil pack and still no luck, what do I replace now that will work as I have speant a lot on the car already and with no luck... Please can some one help me

Back to top Go down
welshdubber69
Scene Mincer
welshdubber69

Number of posts : 679
Ride : 1969 baywindow + 1989 breadvan
Registration date : 2008-03-20

PostSubject: Re: golf 3 1.8 carb swtiches off    golf 3 1.8 carb swtiches off  EmptyWed Feb 29 2012, 21:07

is that a relay ticking? may be the fuel pump relay? 167 i think it is.......so you may just have no fuel going in?

still doen't explain the rev counter though
Back to top Go down
http://www.unit-13.com
dubzy
Fresh Meat

Number of posts : 2
Ride : 1.8 golf 3 gsx carb
Registration date : 2012-02-29

PostSubject: Re: golf 3 1.8 carb swtiches off    golf 3 1.8 carb swtiches off  EmptyThu Mar 01 2012, 03:59

I know ,its a clicking sound and the rev jumps up and down , also the car has a AC pump not an electronic one ,will the relay still apply? I'm sure it electrical I just don't know where to look, u could be right in saying its the relay as that where the sound is coming from , but the rev cunter part to this gets all auto electrians in a mind bog, I did also change ignition switch and rotor .... Thinking that was the problem
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: golf 3 1.8 carb swtiches off    golf 3 1.8 carb swtiches off  Empty

Back to top Go down

golf 3 1.8 carb swtiches off
Page 1 of 1