AuthorMessage
Nick_593
Fresh Meat

Number of posts : 1
Ride : Mk2f polo coupe
Registration date : 2013-03-09

PostSubject: Hi from Pembrokeshire   Sun Mar 10 2013, 02:04

Heyup everyone,

Just found this forum online after searching for some VW's from Wales, and looking for a few parts. I've been living in Devon for the past 6 years, but back in west Wales for a while so I'm looking to get my Mk2f Polo coupe sorted, after a few years neglect!!.

The car was purchased locally (west Wales) in 2004, and was my first car, with 6k on the clock (literally) from a 90 year old woman who was giving it up as she no longer had any use for it. The car was also kept in a garage and was literally in show room condition when I had it (besides for a bit of polish!). It felt like it had never been through to 5th gear, and as she was in her 80s in 1991, I wouldn't be surprised. Anyway, its been through the wars a bit with me, having had a big 'knock' on some back roads a few years ago, damaging the drivers side door and front wing, but I drove it around and didn't give a damn, and had some awesome surf trips around the south west in it. I Recently had some new panels from a guy in Torbay, and full respray from a legend living locally in Pembrokeshire, for an amazing price. He did a lot of body work(!!!), and a full respray for the price of just a respray, just because he hadn't seen one of these locally for years. Good job, and cant thank him enough.

Here's the car ATM (pic near the top of Carningli- Pembrokeshire, after a trek).

The cars two years from officially being 'vintage' (early 90's model). At the moment its a good run around from A to B with good MPG, and pretty 'quick' for what it is, as it only weighs around 750kg, but the plan is to get a few cosmetic things sorted, and then a good upgrade on the engine after another 30k, as I cant knock the engine for what I want it for ATM (going good at 63k). Just need to scrape together a few pennies.

Anyway Its good to finally find a VW forum for Wales, and will be good to hear from some guys in the area with a Mk2f (if there is any!!), and if anyones breaking a Gt/ G40 let me know!
Back to top Go down
Luke_MK1
VAG Wales Moderator

Number of posts : 2679
Ride : Mk2 GTI - Citroen C5
Registration date : 2009-04-11

PostSubject: Re: Hi from Pembrokeshire   Tue Mar 12 2013, 11:17

Welcome!

Looks like a nice tidy Mk3 you have there
Back to top Go down
http://www.oes-uk.com
technique
VAG Wales Admin

Number of posts : 2437
Ride : MK4 R32 - Breaking MK3 GTI / VR6
Registration date : 2008-02-22

PostSubject: Re: Hi from Pembrokeshire   Tue Mar 12 2013, 15:12

Welcome!

.:Diamond
Scene Mincer

Number of posts : 650
Ride : Audi TT 225 Quattro
Registration date : 2009-10-21

PostSubject: Re: Hi from Pembrokeshire   Tue Mar 12 2013, 20:01

welcome to the forum, that was a nice find!
Back to top Go down
Cymro
VAG Wales Admin

Number of posts : 2222
Ride : Mk2 Polo "Fern", Kia Sportage
Registration date : 2008-03-26

PostSubject: Re: Hi from Pembrokeshire   Sat Mar 23 2013, 01:00

Welcome to the forum.

McLOVIN - RE: Polo Show 2011 - There was a ginger alert at the gate?? Man that place is well ahead of the times, next they'll be installing gas fittings into the shower heads in the gingers showers...

Back to top Go down
Fountain
VAG Resident

Number of posts : 323
Ride : 2004 Seat Arosa ( Sally )
Registration date : 2010-10-09

PostSubject: Re: Hi from Pembrokeshire   Mon Mar 25 2013, 09:41

Welcome dude!! ^^ Cymro ( Ceri) is the man to speak to about them cars, He's like some mad genius guy
Back to top Go down
vee_dub_vento
Keyboard Warrior

Number of posts : 214
Ride : VW Vento VR6
Registration date : 2010-10-27

PostSubject: Re: Hi from Pembrokeshire   Fri May 10 2013, 21:18

watch ceri don't see this hell steal it from you lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hi from Pembrokeshire   

Back to top Go down