VAG Wales
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

just had a funny one

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
keith_lemon
VAG Whore

Number of posts : 1654
Ride : bahh
Registration date : 2008-06-09

just had a funny one Empty
PostSubject: just had a funny one   just had a funny one EmptySun Jan 18 2009, 18:48

ive just come home from my mates house, where i met her brother (little - 20yrs)..

he sees the golf, and says "wtf have you got porsche wheels on your golf for", i just say "because i like them".

after a while he asks about the car and was shocked to hear about the 2.8 LOL, then carries on "you should kit that up, put 18`s on it"
DISGUSTED at this point i say "personally i dont beleive in anything over 15"s on a mk2 as they handle like poop, but ive made an exception for the D90s, and the car has a kit on it from the factory!!"

now we leave cars as a discussion for a bit, then obviously it came back :-

"well how about getting some eibach shocks and springs - then you can lower it"
puzzled at this i "well it does have konigsports on it wound down, and i have about 3mm between the front wheels and the wing"
"konig... whats?"
so off i go and explain what a coilover is

after a while he "goes why dont you get some lower profile tyres"... as im running 45`s and the wheels fill the arches, in respect to diameter quite well i say "well then the ride would be compromised, its firm enough now"

in the end i said "why dont you come for a run in it and you will see why i dont really want to mess with it", 5 min drive later he understood why us mk2 drivers dont need to make statements with silly sytyling.

i did explain that i am soon charging it, and fitting 4 pot calipers to stop it - he was like "WHY DO YOU NEED TO MAKE IT QUICKER"

funny how conversations change from "you should" to "you shouldn`t"
Back to top Go down
matt
The Guv'nor
matt

Number of posts : 3456
Ride : lupo gti with a bit of a kick
Registration date : 2008-02-03

PostSubject: Re: just had a funny one   just had a funny one EmptySun Jan 18 2009, 19:01

fer does this is a kwl convertion and by charging it
it should fly evern tho it flys now lol
matt
Back to top Go down
http://www.vagwales.net
keith_lemon
VAG Whore

PostSubject: Re: just had a funny one   just had a funny one EmptySun Jan 18 2009, 19:09

well i thought it would be rude not to stage 1 the vr Smile

managed to find some boxster (sp) rear calipers yesterday for £50 a set (they are 4 pot) and all i need is to machine a carrier, but apparently if i go to mk3vr hubs i can use an audi S2 carrier and bolt stright on - woohooo.. cheaper than G60 brakes

if anyone has any knowledge on this pm me
Back to top Go down
Cymro
VAG Wales Admin
Cymro

Number of posts : 2222
Ride : Mk2 Polo "Fern", Mitsubishi Eclipse Cross
Registration date : 2008-03-26

PostSubject: Re: just had a funny one   just had a funny one EmptySun Jan 18 2009, 19:47

I get that in work, but as i left one of the more mouthy managers standing and l sitting on his own on an empty dual carriage way this morning going into work, all he said this morning was "i could have taken you but i was low on fuel" hahahaha piss poor excuse. I fucking hate Corsa drivers.
Back to top Go down
keith_lemon
VAG Whore

PostSubject: Re: just had a funny one   just had a funny one EmptySun Jan 18 2009, 19:55

how did you know he was a vauxhall owner BWAHAHAHAHAH
Back to top Go down
mErCuTi0
VAG Wales Admin
mErCuTi0

Number of posts : 1331
Ride : Audi A6 1.8T
Registration date : 2008-05-25

PostSubject: Re: just had a funny one   just had a funny one EmptyMon Jan 19 2009, 13:22

LoL... probably the mention of all the budget mods, bigger wheels and bodykits.. :p They do usually try to hide the fact that it's a vauxhole as much as possible Wink
Back to top Go down
http://www.udf2.com
Cymro
VAG Wales Admin
Cymro

Number of posts : 2222
Ride : Mk2 Polo "Fern", Mitsubishi Eclipse Cross
Registration date : 2008-03-26

PostSubject: Re: just had a funny one   just had a funny one EmptyMon Jan 19 2009, 14:43

Lucky guess, if you get someone like that it has to be a saxo or a Corsa. Laughing
Back to top Go down
mErCuTi0
VAG Wales Admin
mErCuTi0

Number of posts : 1331
Ride : Audi A6 1.8T
Registration date : 2008-05-25

PostSubject: Re: just had a funny one   just had a funny one EmptyTue Jan 20 2009, 10:26

... or a punto...

Which comprises of the 'Denbigh Cruising Scene' lol Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://www.udf2.com
Darkdub
VAG Resident
Darkdub

Number of posts : 486
Ride : THE DARKDUB
Registration date : 2008-12-06

PostSubject: Re: just had a funny one   just had a funny one EmptyTue Jan 20 2009, 13:24

hahaha quality

that was a nice lil LOL read cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: just had a funny one   just had a funny one Empty

Back to top Go down

just had a funny one
Page 1 of 1