HomeHome  PortalPortal  FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share
 

 Golf MK4 or MK5 R32?

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
CymruR32
VAG Wales Admin
CymruR32

Number of posts : 669
Ride : MK4 Golf R32
Registration date : 2008-02-03

Golf MK4 or MK5 R32? Empty
PostSubject: Golf MK4 or MK5 R32?   Golf MK4 or MK5 R32? EmptyMon Feb 23 2009, 22:46

Some of you know I will be after a new car during the summer at some point. I had been dead set on a MK4 Golf R32 but from checking out Auto Trader the other day the MK5's with still relatively low mileage (35-50k) aren't selling for much more than the MK4's. Which got me thinking it might be worth looking at getting the newer model.

I like the look of both cars, but can't help but think the MK4 looks abit better. Also, alot of the MK5's have a DSG gearbox which I wouldn't want tbh.

Just thought I'd see what the general opinion around here is Very Happy

_________________
Golf MK4 or MK5 R32? Pbucket
Back to top Go down
matt
The Guv'nor
matt

Number of posts : 3456
Ride : lupo gti with a bit of a kick
Registration date : 2008-02-03

Golf MK4 or MK5 R32? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Golf MK4 or MK5 R32?   Golf MK4 or MK5 R32? EmptyMon Feb 23 2009, 22:48

oh shiznit thats a right toughy that one hmm
id rather have a mk5 than a mk 4 in fernes

_________________
Golf MK4 or MK5 R32? Peter

20v-turbo
Quote :
tahts the trouble with fit women they cd rape you but your actauuly saying yes
Back to top Go down
http://www.vagwales.net
jij_mellow_yellow
Scene Mincer
jij_mellow_yellow

Number of posts : 989
Ride : pug power!!
Registration date : 2008-12-21

Golf MK4 or MK5 R32? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Golf MK4 or MK5 R32?   Golf MK4 or MK5 R32? EmptyMon Feb 23 2009, 23:03

Black mk5...sweeeeet
Back to top Go down
CymruR32
VAG Wales Admin
CymruR32

Number of posts : 669
Ride : MK4 Golf R32
Registration date : 2008-02-03

Golf MK4 or MK5 R32? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Golf MK4 or MK5 R32?   Golf MK4 or MK5 R32? EmptyMon Feb 23 2009, 23:10

One thing is for sure ... it will be blue. I love the blue on an R32 Cool

_________________
Golf MK4 or MK5 R32? Pbucket
Back to top Go down
matt
The Guv'nor
matt

Number of posts : 3456
Ride : lupo gti with a bit of a kick
Registration date : 2008-02-03

Golf MK4 or MK5 R32? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Golf MK4 or MK5 R32?   Golf MK4 or MK5 R32? EmptyMon Feb 23 2009, 23:21

blue mk5 slamed on blue colour coded bbs rs Very Happy:D

_________________
Golf MK4 or MK5 R32? Peter

20v-turbo
Quote :
tahts the trouble with fit women they cd rape you but your actauuly saying yes
Back to top Go down
http://www.vagwales.net
welshdubber69
Scene Mincer
welshdubber69

Number of posts : 679
Ride : 1969 baywindow + 1989 breadvan
Registration date : 2008-03-20

Golf MK4 or MK5 R32? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Golf MK4 or MK5 R32?   Golf MK4 or MK5 R32? EmptyTue Feb 24 2009, 08:59

personally i'd go for the MK4 in that blue with the multi spoke!

there was one around ere for a bit looked so nice (and a bit cheaper Wink )

the more i drive around and see MK5's the more i think they aren't that special, don't get me wrong they look fantastic and the car is to die for, but it's becoming a bit like the MK3....common!

there's about 5-6 MK5 R32 around here, love em all, but MK4's are quite rare, i don't know if i've seen one for a while actually, there's a lad with a tdi mk4 with R32 style bumps???

take em both for a test drive cheers best way to find out......buy an IROC! 1.4 twin supercharged! meant to be a laugh! or just wait for the MK6 R32 Very Happy

any car with that engine in it is going to be amazing!
Back to top Go down
http://www.unit-13.com
welshdubber69
Scene Mincer
welshdubber69

Number of posts : 679
Ride : 1969 baywindow + 1989 breadvan
Registration date : 2008-03-20

Golf MK4 or MK5 R32? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Golf MK4 or MK5 R32?   Golf MK4 or MK5 R32? EmptyTue Feb 24 2009, 09:08

Golf MK4 or MK5 R32? Mk4_r310

OR

Golf MK4 or MK5 R32? Mk5_r310


if i had my choice an R32 powered MK2 cheers lol
Back to top Go down
http://www.unit-13.com
timmy_b_vr6
VAG Resident
timmy_b_vr6

Number of posts : 478
Ride : golf vr6
Registration date : 2009-01-30

Golf MK4 or MK5 R32? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Golf MK4 or MK5 R32?   Golf MK4 or MK5 R32? EmptyTue Feb 24 2009, 12:28

jst out of intrest how much is ther insurance gna b on the r32?
Back to top Go down
mErCuTi0
VAG Wales Admin
mErCuTi0

Number of posts : 1331
Ride : Audi A6 1.8T
Registration date : 2008-05-25

Golf MK4 or MK5 R32? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Golf MK4 or MK5 R32?   Golf MK4 or MK5 R32? EmptyTue Feb 24 2009, 14:52

Mk5

_________________
Golf MK4 or MK5 R32? Forum_11
^^^^^^^^^^= Audi A6 - 1.8T - 20v =^^^^^^^^^^
Golf MK4 or MK5 R32? 33164
- Forge Dump Valve * Yellow Spring (9 PSI)
=~= Get your VAG Wales stickers here =~=
Back to top Go down
http://www.udf2.com
Guest
Guest



Golf MK4 or MK5 R32? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Golf MK4 or MK5 R32?   Golf MK4 or MK5 R32? EmptyTue Feb 24 2009, 15:08

mk5 Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
bugbrave
Keyboard Warrior
bugbrave

Number of posts : 42
Ride : 1985 mk2 bready
Registration date : 2009-01-22

Golf MK4 or MK5 R32? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Golf MK4 or MK5 R32?   Golf MK4 or MK5 R32? EmptyTue Feb 24 2009, 15:13

wold be a mk5 for me too Wink
Back to top Go down
Chris_Irish
Scene Mincer
Chris_Irish

Number of posts : 879
Ride : Mk3 Golf GTI/Mk2 Scirocco GT
Registration date : 2008-10-12

Golf MK4 or MK5 R32? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Golf MK4 or MK5 R32?   Golf MK4 or MK5 R32? EmptyTue Feb 24 2009, 22:35

Mk4!!! They look so much sweeter than a Mk5 R32.

Also Ben

An Mk3s arent that common!!! Buck Tooth

And they arent doing a Mk6 R32..apparently
Back to top Go down
CymruR32
VAG Wales Admin
CymruR32

Number of posts : 669
Ride : MK4 Golf R32
Registration date : 2008-02-03

Golf MK4 or MK5 R32? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Golf MK4 or MK5 R32?   Golf MK4 or MK5 R32? EmptyTue Feb 24 2009, 22:36

timmy_b_vr6 wrote:
jst out of intrest how much is ther insurance gna b on the r32?

I've had a quote for 1300, so not too bad.

_________________
Golf MK4 or MK5 R32? Pbucket
Back to top Go down
matt
The Guv'nor
matt

Number of posts : 3456
Ride : lupo gti with a bit of a kick
Registration date : 2008-02-03

Golf MK4 or MK5 R32? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Golf MK4 or MK5 R32?   Golf MK4 or MK5 R32? EmptyTue Feb 24 2009, 22:38

MK5 FTW i dont like the mk4

_________________
Golf MK4 or MK5 R32? Peter

20v-turbo
Quote :
tahts the trouble with fit women they cd rape you but your actauuly saying yes
Back to top Go down
http://www.vagwales.net
CymruR32
VAG Wales Admin
CymruR32

Number of posts : 669
Ride : MK4 Golf R32
Registration date : 2008-02-03

Golf MK4 or MK5 R32? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Golf MK4 or MK5 R32?   Golf MK4 or MK5 R32? EmptyTue Feb 24 2009, 22:38

Benveedub wrote:
personally i'd go for the MK4 in that blue with the multi spoke!

there was one around ere for a bit looked so nice (and a bit cheaper Wink )

the more i drive around and see MK5's the more i think they aren't that special, don't get me wrong they look fantastic and the car is to die for, but it's becoming a bit like the MK3....common!

there's about 5-6 MK5 R32 around here, love em all, but MK4's are quite rare, i don't know if i've seen one for a while actually, there's a lad with a tdi mk4 with R32 style bumps???

take em both for a test drive cheers best way to find out......buy an IROC! 1.4 twin supercharged! meant to be a laugh! or just wait for the MK6 R32 Very Happy

any car with that engine in it is going to be amazing!

This is true. I used to see a silver one often on the way to work, haven't seen it in months now. I don't think I've seen any others about anywhere.

_________________
Golf MK4 or MK5 R32? Pbucket
Back to top Go down
black magic vRS
VAG Wales Admin
black magic vRS

Number of posts : 995
Ride : Bora tdi
Registration date : 2008-02-05

Golf MK4 or MK5 R32? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Golf MK4 or MK5 R32?   Golf MK4 or MK5 R32? EmptyTue Feb 24 2009, 22:38

mk4 all the way!
this is how i see the golfs
mk4 gti or mk4 r32 the 32 wins hands down!
mk5 gti or mk5 r32 the gti looks so much beta than the 32!!
but go with wot u want mate!!

_________________
Golf MK4 or MK5 R32? 2009_0309seat_cupra0008
custom code re-map, k+n pannel filter, forge 007p (yellow spring), jamex coilovers
Back to top Go down
CymruR32
VAG Wales Admin
CymruR32

Number of posts : 669
Ride : MK4 Golf R32
Registration date : 2008-02-03

Golf MK4 or MK5 R32? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Golf MK4 or MK5 R32?   Golf MK4 or MK5 R32? EmptyTue Feb 24 2009, 22:41

I just don't know. All depends what's about at the time aswel (price wise I mean), I'm hoping prices will drop again with the new Golf released.

_________________
Golf MK4 or MK5 R32? Pbucket
Back to top Go down
black magic vRS
VAG Wales Admin
black magic vRS

Number of posts : 995
Ride : Bora tdi
Registration date : 2008-02-05

Golf MK4 or MK5 R32? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Golf MK4 or MK5 R32?   Golf MK4 or MK5 R32? EmptyTue Feb 24 2009, 22:42

or get a s3 mate!!

_________________
Golf MK4 or MK5 R32? 2009_0309seat_cupra0008
custom code re-map, k+n pannel filter, forge 007p (yellow spring), jamex coilovers
Back to top Go down
Chris_Irish
Scene Mincer
Chris_Irish

Number of posts : 879
Ride : Mk3 Golf GTI/Mk2 Scirocco GT
Registration date : 2008-10-12

Golf MK4 or MK5 R32? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Golf MK4 or MK5 R32?   Golf MK4 or MK5 R32? EmptyTue Feb 24 2009, 22:45

CymruPolo wrote:
Benveedub wrote:
personally i'd go for the MK4 in that blue with the multi spoke!

there was one around ere for a bit looked so nice (and a bit cheaper Wink )

the more i drive around and see MK5's the more i think they aren't that special, don't get me wrong they look fantastic and the car is to die for, but it's becoming a bit like the MK3....common!

there's about 5-6 MK5 R32 around here, love em all, but MK4's are quite rare, i don't know if i've seen one for a while actually, there's a lad with a tdi mk4 with R32 style bumps???

take em both for a test drive cheers best way to find out......buy an IROC! 1.4 twin supercharged! meant to be a laugh! or just wait for the MK6 R32 Very Happy

any car with that engine in it is going to be amazing!

This is true. I used to see a silver one often on the way to work, haven't seen it in months now. I don't think I've seen any others about anywhere.

Theres a silver one, not even a stones throw from my house. Looks tidy
Back to top Go down
CymruR32
VAG Wales Admin
CymruR32

Number of posts : 669
Ride : MK4 Golf R32
Registration date : 2008-02-03

Golf MK4 or MK5 R32? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Golf MK4 or MK5 R32?   Golf MK4 or MK5 R32? EmptyTue Feb 24 2009, 22:46

I've gone off them now tbh mate, don't know why. I used to really want one.

Although, I do like the look of this one: lol

Golf MK4 or MK5 R32? Pbucket

_________________
Golf MK4 or MK5 R32? Pbucket
Back to top Go down
CymruR32
VAG Wales Admin
CymruR32

Number of posts : 669
Ride : MK4 Golf R32
Registration date : 2008-02-03

Golf MK4 or MK5 R32? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Golf MK4 or MK5 R32?   Golf MK4 or MK5 R32? EmptyTue Feb 24 2009, 22:46

Chris_Ash wrote:
CymruPolo wrote:
Benveedub wrote:
personally i'd go for the MK4 in that blue with the multi spoke!

there was one around ere for a bit looked so nice (and a bit cheaper Wink )

the more i drive around and see MK5's the more i think they aren't that special, don't get me wrong they look fantastic and the car is to die for, but it's becoming a bit like the MK3....common!

there's about 5-6 MK5 R32 around here, love em all, but MK4's are quite rare, i don't know if i've seen one for a while actually, there's a lad with a tdi mk4 with R32 style bumps???

take em both for a test drive cheers best way to find out......buy an IROC! 1.4 twin supercharged! meant to be a laugh! or just wait for the MK6 R32 Very Happy

any car with that engine in it is going to be amazing!

This is true. I used to see a silver one often on the way to work, haven't seen it in months now. I don't think I've seen any others about anywhere.

Theres a silver one, not even a stones throw from my house. Looks tidy

Is it a woman that drives it?

_________________
Golf MK4 or MK5 R32? Pbucket
Back to top Go down
black magic vRS
VAG Wales Admin
black magic vRS

Number of posts : 995
Ride : Bora tdi
Registration date : 2008-02-05

Golf MK4 or MK5 R32? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Golf MK4 or MK5 R32?   Golf MK4 or MK5 R32? EmptyWed Feb 25 2009, 22:25

that s3 is sexy

_________________
Golf MK4 or MK5 R32? 2009_0309seat_cupra0008
custom code re-map, k+n pannel filter, forge 007p (yellow spring), jamex coilovers
Back to top Go down
welshdubber69
Scene Mincer
welshdubber69

Number of posts : 679
Ride : 1969 baywindow + 1989 breadvan
Registration date : 2008-03-20

Golf MK4 or MK5 R32? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Golf MK4 or MK5 R32?   Golf MK4 or MK5 R32? EmptyThu Feb 26 2009, 11:00

Chris i'm sorry bud, i do see alot of MK3's around ok they aren't modified at all but there are a hell of a lot around,

your's does stand out though being Colour concept, sorry if i offended you Crying or Very sad

Are they not releasing a MK6 R32???? WHY??? i love the look of the MK6!
Back to top Go down
http://www.unit-13.com
jij_mellow_yellow
Scene Mincer
jij_mellow_yellow

Number of posts : 989
Ride : pug power!!
Registration date : 2008-12-21

Golf MK4 or MK5 R32? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Golf MK4 or MK5 R32?   Golf MK4 or MK5 R32? EmptyThu Feb 26 2009, 12:37

CymruPolo wrote:
Chris_Ash wrote:
CymruPolo wrote:
Benveedub wrote:
personally i'd go for the MK4 in that blue with the multi spoke!

there was one around ere for a bit looked so nice (and a bit cheaper Wink )

the more i drive around and see MK5's the more i think they aren't that special, don't get me wrong they look fantastic and the car is to die for, but it's becoming a bit like the MK3....common!

there's about 5-6 MK5 R32 around here, love em all, but MK4's are quite rare, i don't know if i've seen one for a while actually, there's a lad with a tdi mk4 with R32 style bumps???

take em both for a test drive cheers best way to find out......buy an IROC! 1.4 twin supercharged! meant to be a laugh! or just wait for the MK6 R32 Very Happy

any car with that engine in it is going to be amazing!

This is true. I used to see a silver one often on the way to work, haven't seen it in months now. I don't think I've seen any others about anywhere.

Theres a silver one, not even a stones throw from my house. Looks tidy

Is it a woman that drives it?

Nope it's a bloke he's quite old probz about 50-60ish. Standered but it still looks sweeet.
Back to top Go down
Vyizis
Keyboard Warrior
Vyizis

Number of posts : 151
Ride : Corrado :)
Registration date : 2008-12-01

Golf MK4 or MK5 R32? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Golf MK4 or MK5 R32?   Golf MK4 or MK5 R32? EmptyThu Feb 26 2009, 15:29

It has to be a mk4, mk5s are ugly.... A mk4 r32 in blue will be my return to dubs when i have to have a car with more than 2 seats...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




Golf MK4 or MK5 R32? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Golf MK4 or MK5 R32?   Golf MK4 or MK5 R32? Empty

Back to top Go down
 
Golf MK4 or MK5 R32?
Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next
 Similar topics
-
» 06 yamaha g22 gas golf cart
» Golf Joke!
» Bought a Golf Cart
» Can you use the rear end from a golf cart for a lifted mower?
» GOLF CART AXLE

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
VAG Wales :: VagWales Chat :: General Vag Chat-
Jump to: