VAG Wales
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

hello from deeside!!! now with pictures!!

Go down 
+4
black magic vRS
technique
lowrider
SkunkyMcGreen-aka-Smiffy
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
SkunkyMcGreen-aka-Smiffy
Keyboard Warrior
SkunkyMcGreen-aka-Smiffy

Number of posts : 170
Ride : if in doubt, flat out!!!!
Registration date : 2008-05-16

hello from deeside!!! now with pictures!! Empty
PostSubject: hello from deeside!!! now with pictures!!   hello from deeside!!! now with pictures!! EmptyFri May 16 2008, 21:53

smiffy's saying a big hello from here in connah's quay! i've come over from ukpassats.co.uk.

Last edited by skunkymcgreen on Mon May 19 2008, 11:34; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
lowrider
Scene Mincer
lowrider

Number of posts : 553
Ride : Mk1 golf, skyline drift machine!
Registration date : 2008-03-10

PostSubject: Re: hello from deeside!!! now with pictures!!   hello from deeside!!! now with pictures!! EmptyFri May 16 2008, 21:58

welcome mate, passat looks coool. like the user name!! Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
technique
VAG Wales Admin
technique

Number of posts : 2437
Ride : MK4 R32 - Breaking MK3 GTI / VR6
Registration date : 2008-02-22

PostSubject: Re: hello from deeside!!! now with pictures!!   hello from deeside!!! now with pictures!! EmptyFri May 16 2008, 21:59

welcome! Get some pics up mate it looks good from that pics on your profile!
Back to top Go down
black magic vRS
VAG Wales Admin
black magic vRS

Number of posts : 995
Ride : Bora tdi
Registration date : 2008-02-05

PostSubject: Re: hello from deeside!!! now with pictures!!   hello from deeside!!! now with pictures!! EmptyFri May 16 2008, 22:07

welcome to vagwales mate
Back to top Go down
matt
The Guv'nor
matt

Number of posts : 3456
Ride : lupo gti with a bit of a kick
Registration date : 2008-02-03

PostSubject: Re: hello from deeside!!! now with pictures!!   hello from deeside!!! now with pictures!! EmptySun May 18 2008, 17:06

hello i think i have seen you about deeside iam from buckley btw and welcome to cp get some pics up
Back to top Go down
http://www.vagwales.net
SkunkyMcGreen-aka-Smiffy
Keyboard Warrior
SkunkyMcGreen-aka-Smiffy

PostSubject: Re: hello from deeside!!! now with pictures!!   hello from deeside!!! now with pictures!! EmptySun May 18 2008, 19:02

i've tried putting some pics up but cant work out which option to choose to get em on ere!! tried em all but no joy as yet, help people??
Back to top Go down
technique
VAG Wales Admin
technique

Number of posts : 2437
Ride : MK4 R32 - Breaking MK3 GTI / VR6
Registration date : 2008-02-22

PostSubject: Re: hello from deeside!!! now with pictures!!   hello from deeside!!! now with pictures!! EmptySun May 18 2008, 19:38

you can host them on a photo hosting site or upload to myspace/ facebook and use the img icon to link from the URL. Hopefully i'm making sense
Back to top Go down
CymruR32
VAG Wales Admin
CymruR32

Number of posts : 669
Ride : MK4 Golf R32

PostSubject: Re: hello from deeside!!! now with pictures!!   hello from deeside!!! now with pictures!! EmptySun May 18 2008, 21:36

Welcome mate Very Happy

Sign up here https://www.photobucket.com then you can upload pics and post them on the forum Cool
Back to top Go down
SkunkyMcGreen-aka-Smiffy
Keyboard Warrior
SkunkyMcGreen-aka-Smiffy

PostSubject: Re: hello from deeside!!! now with pictures!!   hello from deeside!!! now with pictures!! EmptyMon May 19 2008, 11:33

At the mo its pushin over 220bhp and 230lb/ft. REVO stage 1 (managed to get custom re-map on the REVO stage 1 @ intelligent tuning, sandycroft), uprated clutch, THS de-cat race pipe, Forge SPLTR dump valve, de-baged, 18" bbs monza (was originally the diamond cut ones but someones done a pooh refurb on em), boost gauge, alpine head unit, alpine amp, alpine 6x9's, kicker comp 15" ported sub.

things to do:
front mounted intercooler in the next couple of weeks
coilovers
straight through exhaust to compliment the race cat
colour coded lowers
19" or 20"'s if i can source a reasonable set??
leather interior
312mm brake upgrade
ko4 turbo upgrade

check her out, whats the verdict dubnuts??

sitting pretty on wepre park, deeside.

hello from deeside!!! now with pictures!! Wepre_12hello from deeside!!! now with pictures!! Stage_10

who says you cant put ice in the back metal shelf!!hello from deeside!!! now with pictures!! Ice10

18" monzas of a gti. gonna change the colour to black though soon as. dont think they suit with the metalic silver??hello from deeside!!! now with pictures!! Monza_13

with o.z superturismohello from deeside!!! now with pictures!! Poser10before the chrome de-bagged grillhello from deeside!!! now with pictures!! Stage_11

Last edited by skunkymcgreen on Mon May 19 2008, 17:32; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
SkunkyMcGreen-aka-Smiffy
Keyboard Warrior
SkunkyMcGreen-aka-Smiffy

PostSubject: Re: hello from deeside!!! now with pictures!!   hello from deeside!!! now with pictures!! EmptyMon May 19 2008, 11:37

vpolo wrote:
hello i think i have seen you about deeside iam from buckley btw and welcome to cp get some pics up

alright kid, cant say i've noticed you "out n about" but next time you see us give us a hoot mate! are there many more people on ere from our part of the world!
Back to top Go down
stickygreen
VAG Wales Admin
stickygreen

Number of posts : 1038
Ride : MK1 Golf Gti , Bora Tdi ::Unit-13[dot]com::
Registration date : 2008-02-08

PostSubject: Re: hello from deeside!!! now with pictures!!   hello from deeside!!! now with pictures!! EmptyMon May 19 2008, 12:22

Welcome to the site Cool
Back to top Go down
http://www.unit-13.com

PostSubject: Re: hello from deeside!!! now with pictures!!   hello from deeside!!! now with pictures!! EmptyMon May 19 2008, 12:27

welcome!

golf rims would look brilliant polished after coilies, KEEP THEM!

or go for some bentley rims Cool
Back to top Go down
SkunkyMcGreen-aka-Smiffy
Keyboard Warrior
SkunkyMcGreen-aka-Smiffy

PostSubject: Re: hello from deeside!!! now with pictures!!   hello from deeside!!! now with pictures!! EmptyMon May 19 2008, 12:39

thebreadmaker wrote:
welcome!

golf rims would look brilliant polished after coilies, KEEP THEM!

or go for some bentley rims Cool

yeah i've been looking at the bentley rims along with some porsche ones too. if only i could win the lotto, not being greedy but just a million would do me fine!! sayin that i'd prob buy the whole porsche then!!! Laughing

hello from deeside!!! now with pictures!! Night210

Last edited by skunkymcgreen on Mon May 19 2008, 12:44; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: hello from deeside!!! now with pictures!!   hello from deeside!!! now with pictures!! EmptyMon May 19 2008, 12:43

if only...

cheaper option i would do is get a polishing kit, loads of sandpaper and some elbow grease
and get them golf rims shiny!

would look pimp
Back to top Go down
SkunkyMcGreen-aka-Smiffy
Keyboard Warrior
SkunkyMcGreen-aka-Smiffy

PostSubject: Re: hello from deeside!!! now with pictures!!   hello from deeside!!! now with pictures!! EmptyMon May 19 2008, 12:50

thebreadmaker wrote:
if only...

cheaper option i would do is get a polishing kit, loads of sandpaper and some elbow grease
and get them golf rims shiny!

would look pimp

yeah i agree!! well i bought these rims bout a month ago but noticed the paint coming away on the bolt holes. so i nitromorsed them ready for a refurb. while i was getting them ready i did do a quick polish on 1 n as you say, it looked wicked!! any tips on polishing alloys? i.e what to use? n will the alloy tarnish over time, do they need a clear lacquer or do ya just leave em polished. the polished wheel looked so nice that i'm not happy with the refurb i done n gonna strip the wheel down again!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: hello from deeside!!! now with pictures!!   hello from deeside!!! now with pictures!! EmptyMon May 19 2008, 13:06

go through 400-1500 grit paper depending on how damaged the wheels are

polishing kit off ebay, you get the polishing bar and some mops etc

then some alu-magic polish for more shine and protection
Back to top Go down
SkunkyMcGreen-aka-Smiffy
Keyboard Warrior
SkunkyMcGreen-aka-Smiffy

PostSubject: Re: hello from deeside!!! now with pictures!!   hello from deeside!!! now with pictures!! EmptyMon May 19 2008, 13:20

cheers matey. lookin on ebay now. do ya know what type of store will stock the stuff localy, i hate waiting for ebay stuff to arrive. i'd rather go n get it in person!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: hello from deeside!!! now with pictures!!   hello from deeside!!! now with pictures!! EmptyMon May 19 2008, 13:33

no idea tbh.

ebay is youre best bet for a polishing kit

and frost.co.uk for some alu magic polish

and tape youre thumbs! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
lowrider
Scene Mincer
lowrider

Number of posts : 553
Ride : Mk1 golf, skyline drift machine!
Registration date : 2008-03-10

PostSubject: Re: hello from deeside!!! now with pictures!!   hello from deeside!!! now with pictures!! EmptyMon May 19 2008, 16:45

i reckon you'll need to laqcuer em. they will look ace for a couple of weeks maybe, but i'm pretty sure they will dull off after a while. think its cos they are a cast alloy, its a little different to polishin up a sheet of alloy. but hey, i might be wrong (am most of the time!!) no harm in tryin, and seein what happens. let us know what you do afro
Back to top Go down
SkunkyMcGreen-aka-Smiffy
Keyboard Warrior
SkunkyMcGreen-aka-Smiffy

PostSubject: Re: hello from deeside!!! now with pictures!!   hello from deeside!!! now with pictures!! EmptyMon May 19 2008, 17:37

well i've just been out n got more nitromors to strip the paint off. gonna give polishing them a go n see what happens. anyone know if a lacquer will bond to the polished faced of the alloy, i'd imagine it wouldn't!!! Question
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: hello from deeside!!! now with pictures!!   hello from deeside!!! now with pictures!! EmptyMon May 19 2008, 17:43

from what i got told of the clubpolo lot laquer can dull the surface of the polished alloy, the alu magic stuff gives good protection and just use it every 2-3 weeks to clean, aslong as you can be bothered to do it it should be ok.
Back to top Go down
SkunkyMcGreen-aka-Smiffy
Keyboard Warrior
SkunkyMcGreen-aka-Smiffy

PostSubject: Re: hello from deeside!!! now with pictures!!   hello from deeside!!! now with pictures!! EmptyMon May 19 2008, 17:48

i'm lucky that the monza's are pretty much a flat face wheel so cleaning them takes no time at all, just a quick wipe does it, so i reckon gonna i'm try it with that alu magic stuff. i'll keep all informed of progress, gonna start strippin them after "Hollyoaks" Laughing (sad i know!! lol).
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: hello from deeside!!! now with pictures!!   hello from deeside!!! now with pictures!! EmptyMon May 19 2008, 18:10

http://www.clubpolo.co.uk/forum/index.php?showtopic=92887

have a read of that, might help you with the polishing study
Back to top Go down
matt
The Guv'nor
matt

Number of posts : 3456
Ride : lupo gti with a bit of a kick

PostSubject: Re: hello from deeside!!! now with pictures!!   hello from deeside!!! now with pictures!! EmptyMon May 19 2008, 19:05

there are many of dubbers from our area but theres only me and u and a few from wrexham but its slowly getting bigger Very Happy as for ya golf rims polish them you can get a gd kit off ebay i did my p sluts with if your intrested send me a pm ill send ya the link etc about it looks great btw hahah first pic in wepre park ! i want them to finish then skate park its shit at the moment
Back to top Go down
http://www.vagwales.net
SkunkyMcGreen-aka-Smiffy
Keyboard Warrior
SkunkyMcGreen-aka-Smiffy

PostSubject: Re: hello from deeside!!! now with pictures!!   hello from deeside!!! now with pictures!! EmptyMon May 19 2008, 19:17

thebreadmaker wrote:
http://www.clubpolo.co.uk/forum/index.php?showtopic=92887

have a read of that, might help you with the polishing study

yeah man, quality link. tells me everything i need to know, i hope anyway! cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: hello from deeside!!! now with pictures!!   hello from deeside!!! now with pictures!! Empty

Back to top Go down

hello from deeside!!! now with pictures!!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next