VAG Wales
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Wheel Smart - Factors

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
mErCuTi0
VAG Wales Admin
mErCuTi0

Number of posts : 1331
Ride : Audi A6 1.8T
Registration date : 2008-05-25

Wheel Smart - Factors Empty
PostSubject: Wheel Smart - Factors   Wheel Smart - Factors EmptyMon Oct 05 2009, 22:24

Okay.. I just went to this wheel place on the new Mochdre industrial estate... they look like they do good jobs, know their shiznit and have a very nice price!
Their place is A+ on first impressions.. of course.. it's all new! lol.

Erm.. I asked him what an average price was, and he said 45/rim.. but cheaper for smaller rims.
They do split rims too.. and don't mind splitting them.. but only if it's the titanium screws.. not lower quality ones..

Bweuh... yeah, also got him to quote my rims.. they're 17" multispokes and are in VERY bad condition.. they're kerbed and are bubbling everywhere... he quoted me 50/rim + vat.. estimating 230quid for all 4.... saying that they'd have to be blasted aaaaaaaaaaaaaall the way to bare metal to make sure the corrosion didn't come back.. if you just rub off the bubbles.. they can come back.

So yeah.. guy seems sound and I mean.. I like their prices Smile

Details:

Unit 2c
Mochdre Commerce Park
Conwy Road
LL28 5HX
01492 543 732
=====

I must say, from the A55 it's pretty easy to get to...

You take the exit to Llandudno and turn (from Bangor, right - from Chester, left) off the roundabout.. then first left off the smaller roundabout... you follow that road (nice 60mph road) until you hit the 40mph zone.. you'll see an island in the middle of the road (where else?) and that's where the turn in is for the industrial estate.. turn left onto it... go to the end of the road.. it's a T junction.. turn right... and on this road I will have to say.. that there is one of those small yellow/black plastic speed bumps. It's pretty short and low.. but yeah... eeeeeeerm, then turn right.. drive to the fence and turn right again.... and yer there!

The right BEFORE the last right... actually takes you to their warehouse entrance, hehe, so just watch that part.. it was a little confusing, but I just followed the white road paint! woot!

Anyways.. yesh. Voila!
Back to top Go down
http://www.udf2.com
Jake The Nut
Keyboard Warrior
Jake The Nut

Number of posts : 57
Ride : None yet.
Registration date : 2010-05-21

PostSubject: Re: Wheel Smart - Factors   Wheel Smart - Factors EmptyWed May 26 2010, 14:10

i got some paint from there a while back really nice people working there even cug some prices down for me Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Wheel Smart - Factors   Wheel Smart - Factors EmptyWed May 26 2010, 14:40

just down the road from me,keep meaning to go see them haha
Back to top Go down
20v-turbo
VAG Legend
20v-turbo

Number of posts : 3559
Ride : mk3 16v, mk3 8v, tt 225, a4 20v, mk2 20vt blah blah
Registration date : 2009-11-01

PostSubject: Re: Wheel Smart - Factors   Wheel Smart - Factors EmptyWed May 26 2010, 14:47

so they sell paint there ?? im doing those merc wheels nd i aint gonna use tin cans to paint it lol

how much roughly was the paint/?
Back to top Go down
technique
VAG Wales Admin
technique

Number of posts : 2437
Ride : MK4 R32 - Breaking MK3 GTI / VR6
Registration date : 2008-02-22

PostSubject: Re: Wheel Smart - Factors   Wheel Smart - Factors EmptyWed May 26 2010, 22:27

mErCuTi0 wrote:
. but only if it's the titanium screws.. not lower quality ones..

What a bell! Who the hell has titanium ones?? Hardly common! Chromes are easy anyway. He just needs to buy the right tools! What a tool.

I don't think i will ever be using him Suspect

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
Jake The Nut
Keyboard Warrior
Jake The Nut

Number of posts : 57
Ride : None yet.
Registration date : 2010-05-21

PostSubject: Re: Wheel Smart - Factors   Wheel Smart - Factors EmptyThu May 27 2010, 12:26

duno mate not alot i got red black nd silver for my old mini i tidied up the engine bay.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wheel Smart - Factors   Wheel Smart - Factors Empty

Back to top Go down

Wheel Smart - Factors
Page 1 of 1