VAG Wales
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

better introduce myself....

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
s-express
Keyboard Warrior

Number of posts : 94
Ride : S2 Avant
Registration date : 2009-09-12

better introduce myself.... Empty
PostSubject: better introduce myself....   better introduce myself.... EmptySat Mar 27 2010, 21:26

Well, since selling my trusty (or should that be rusty!?) old passat to Technique, I've been lurking on here keeping an eye on all you vag heads..
Audi's have always done it for me, and I realised a dream when I bought an S2 in 2006. drove around in it for a year, got a full exhaust system and sports cat made up for it by PipeWerx (big VW addicts) and a decent chip, that took power up to nearly 300bhp which was great through the quattro drivetrain but the poor old girl needed some tlc.....so took it off the road for 12 months, bought myself a set of hydraulic ramps and stripped her down.... £6k later and its like driving a brand new car.
Totally stripped the whole drivetrain and suspension from under the car, replaced every single seal/bearing/bush/pipe etc etc underneath.
Everything metal was sandblasted and powder coated, the chassis was Bilt Hamber rust proofed and POR15 coated.
Then fitted poly bushes, koni adjustables and whiteline rarb (to give it neutral handling rather than understeer) and a set of porsche brembo stoppers with A8 discs.
Replaced gaskets, cam belt, plugs, fittted silicone boost hoses and lots more...
Most people think its an L reg old audi 80 avant, but its a cracking car, handles amazingly ....and in the wet, utterly jaw dropping, dont think much except evo's could keep up in the wet...
Oh and the 5 cylinder soundtrack on full boost....!
Anyway, these S2's are getting rare, there's about 250 avants left and they are a well kept secret, so you can pick up a good un for about £4k...
Oh and easily tunable to 400bhp (I'll get around to it one day but too many other projects..)
some pics for ya.... (oh and the yellow fella is even more fun that the S2)...
Laughing
more pictures at https://s650.photobucket.com/albums/uu228/alexcollins/Audi%20S2%20Avant/

better introduce myself.... DSC00695
better introduce myself.... DSC00198
better introduce myself.... IMG00206
better introduce myself.... IMG00197
better introduce myself.... IMG00461
better introduce myself.... IMG00490
better introduce myself.... IMG0055015
better introduce myself.... IMG005507
better introduce myself.... IMG005506
better introduce myself.... IMG005505
better introduce myself.... IMG00171
better introduce myself.... Anglesey2006
better introduce myself.... DSC00677
better introduce myself.... IMG00768
better introduce myself.... IMG00794
Back to top Go down
Cymro
VAG Wales Admin
Cymro

Number of posts : 2222
Ride : Mk2 Polo "Fern", Mitsubishi Eclipse Cross
Registration date : 2008-03-26

PostSubject: Re: better introduce myself....   better introduce myself.... EmptySat Mar 27 2010, 21:56

Welcome. Loving the Audi and the yellow thing.

Where did you get the ramps?
Back to top Go down
technique
VAG Wales Admin
technique

Number of posts : 2437
Ride : MK4 R32 - Breaking MK3 GTI / VR6
Registration date : 2008-02-22

PostSubject: Re: better introduce myself....   better introduce myself.... EmptySat Mar 27 2010, 22:21

Welcome again Alex, good to see how the S2 is coming along. You have put some serious work into it! Looks like a real sleeper Cool
Back to top Go down
20v-turbo
VAG Legend
20v-turbo

Number of posts : 3559
Ride : mk3 16v, mk3 8v, tt 225, a4 20v, mk2 20vt blah blah
Registration date : 2009-11-01

PostSubject: Re: better introduce myself....   better introduce myself.... EmptySat Mar 27 2010, 22:56

welcome

loving the s2 estate Razz
Back to top Go down
OwainMK1
VAG Whore
OwainMK1

Number of posts : 1464
Ride : MK1 Golf Gti + MK5 Golf Gti
Registration date : 2009-05-17

PostSubject: Re: better introduce myself....   better introduce myself.... EmptySun Mar 28 2010, 00:06

welcome mate, nice work on the audi !
Back to top Go down
s-express
Keyboard Warrior

Number of posts : 94
Ride : S2 Avant
Registration date : 2009-09-12

PostSubject: Re: better introduce myself....   better introduce myself.... EmptySun Mar 28 2010, 18:57

Cymro wrote:
Welcome. Loving the Audi and the yellow thing.

Where did you get the ramps?

Theres a company called Garage Equipment Group in Bromborough, went up there and haggled a bit, got the ramps for £900.
They're 240v but you do need compressed air to get them down again (they have little pnuematic solenoids that lock off the ramps to stop them going down accidentally!).
Oh and I've had 2 offers for the asking price on my 100 avant - so I must have priced it too cheap (again!).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: better introduce myself....   better introduce myself.... Empty

Back to top Go down

better introduce myself....
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
VAG Wales :: Newbies-
Jump to: