VAG Wales
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

hello all, i'm a newbie

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
rewd53
Keyboard Warrior
rewd53

Number of posts : 20
Ride : mk2 8v GTi , Mk2 scirocco gt
Registration date : 2010-10-12

hello all, i'm a newbie Empty
PostSubject: hello all, i'm a newbie   hello all, i'm a newbie EmptyTue Oct 12 2010, 11:19

Hi all, im a newby to this and im ashamed to say I hail from Merseyside, but my car is bearing a VAG Wales sticker on the screen. I am hoping to find out a bit about my cars history and hopefully get it tip top in time for the shows next year.
Okay so here goes, shes an atlas grey 5-door Mk2 GTi running on old bbs spokes standard except lowered 60mm. She/s an 8v h-plater from Angelsey in the valley area, surf shop sticker in the rear screen, smoked sideys and well peeled laquer on the bonnet. She looks a bit different now tho, lol, the plate is H***JJL.
Back to top Go down
20v-turbo
VAG Legend
20v-turbo

Number of posts : 3559
Ride : mk3 16v, mk3 8v, tt 225, a4 20v, mk2 20vt blah blah
Registration date : 2009-11-01

PostSubject: Re: hello all, i'm a newbie   hello all, i'm a newbie EmptyTue Oct 12 2010, 12:32

ahhh i knoww that one Razz thats rhozneigrgazz is old one Razz

good car tbh, guy that owned it before was a well sound bloke, bought a few parts of me to make it less quiet lol

not sue if he did the single wiperarm swap lol

but it was a good runner and all that, guy loved it tbf allways on bout wshing nd cleaning it nd giving it a good service and all that Razz

ask for information and you shal have Wink heres the build thread if its the right one (bonnet peel gave it away me thinks :p )

http://www.vagwales.net/projects-f12/mk2-8v-fixer-upper-t2293.htm
Back to top Go down
Sparky
VAG Resident
Sparky

Number of posts : 399
Ride : VW Golf GTI MK3 8V
Registration date : 2009-05-28

PostSubject: Re: hello all, i'm a newbie   hello all, i'm a newbie EmptyTue Oct 12 2010, 14:21

Welcome to the site, I saw this car a few weeks ago pass through Bryngwran. Gaz did a fair bit of work on it if I remember rightly so it's a decent little motor. Whereabouts in Valley are you from? I lived in Valley for 5 years down Gorad Road.
Back to top Go down
rewd53
Keyboard Warrior
rewd53

PostSubject: lovin that chaps fantastic   hello all, i'm a newbie EmptyTue Oct 12 2010, 16:19

hi thanks for that insight into golfins history well and trully made up with that .
When it says merseyside (was angelsey) i meant the car was from angelsey im a scouser myself but half welsh i just didnt want to just leave it as merseyside in case you thought i was just another english w*****r it was probably me you saw blasting thru the other week as im always out and about in north wales - south wales shes now at standard ride height and sporting clear lamps with iron cross on front de-badged single lamper with original GTi badge in place at the rear she just got red/clear lenses (not chavvy tho lol) i got some audi replicas to go one just needs rubber on one of them shud be looking good soon i got a respray planned for spring so hopefully she'll be lookin mighty fine for the summer im going for the mk5 R32 grey to finish her off i spent £1400 on parts alone now all thats needed is an ignition coil and im away she's my daily so she gotta run right lol i cant get above 2500 revs without her bogging down and kangarooing a bit but all is well
she eaten a couple of local barry boys civics an even an evo but thats because he cant drive lol its gettin lots of attention mostly from the law but hey its merseyside after all would like to turn up at a meet so if theres one coming up i'll try and make it hello all, i'm a newbie 984909
Back to top Go down
20v-turbo
VAG Legend
20v-turbo

Number of posts : 3559
Ride : mk3 16v, mk3 8v, tt 225, a4 20v, mk2 20vt blah blah
Registration date : 2009-11-01

PostSubject: Re: hello all, i'm a newbie   hello all, i'm a newbie EmptyTue Oct 12 2010, 16:35

nice colour choice Razz debadged and iron cross headlights look the bomb mate
Back to top Go down
OwainMK1
VAG Whore
OwainMK1

Number of posts : 1464
Ride : MK1 Golf Gti + MK5 Golf Gti
Registration date : 2009-05-17

PostSubject: Re: hello all, i'm a newbie   hello all, i'm a newbie EmptyTue Oct 12 2010, 19:12

Big up the scouse cheers welcome mate, keep us updated on ur progress
Back to top Go down
technique
VAG Wales Admin
technique

Number of posts : 2437
Ride : MK4 R32 - Breaking MK3 GTI / VR6
Registration date : 2008-02-22

PostSubject: Re: hello all, i'm a newbie   hello all, i'm a newbie EmptyTue Oct 12 2010, 21:18

Welcome to the site, looking forward to seeing some pics.
Back to top Go down
rewd53
Keyboard Warrior
rewd53

PostSubject: cheers to you all    hello all, i'm a newbie EmptyTue Oct 12 2010, 22:33

thanx every1 will get some piccys sorted and get 'em posted! good to be around some other dub 'eads i was beginin to think it was just me sometimes lol the missus is a bit of a vw widow lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: hello all, i'm a newbie   hello all, i'm a newbie Empty

Back to top Go down

hello all, i'm a newbie
Page 1 of 1