VAG Wales
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

need some help on offsets please

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
20v-turbo
VAG Legend
20v-turbo

Number of posts : 3559
Ride : mk3 16v, mk3 8v, tt 225, a4 20v, mk2 20vt blah blah
Registration date : 2009-11-01

need some help on offsets please Empty
PostSubject: need some help on offsets please   need some help on offsets please EmptyFri Oct 15 2010, 20:17

im thinking of overhauling the audi now going for style and comfort

so plan is to change the alloys and drop the moverbich,

i need to know what offset my car is and what style wheelss can i run with 20mm hnr spacer/aapters Wink

i was thinking of still having llike a 8j alloy so 225 as they are now, but id strecth, so im wondering would it fit on my car

i was thinking that the a3 is very similar to a mk4 so needed to know off someone else whos done something similar

e.e daz with his porkers lol

do u have to flare the arches or what??
Back to top Go down
popeye
Keyboard Warrior
popeye

Number of posts : 226
Ride : bora tdi 130sport remapped to 180+mk2 jetta vr6
Registration date : 2009-05-17

PostSubject: Re: need some help on offsets please   need some help on offsets please EmptyFri Oct 15 2010, 20:37

use this..

http://www.1010tires.com/WheelOffsetCalculator.asp
Back to top Go down
20v-turbo
VAG Legend
20v-turbo

PostSubject: Re: need some help on offsets please   need some help on offsets please EmptyFri Oct 15 2010, 21:10

if i gt 20mm spacers dos that deduct to the offset or add :/

plus i need to know about audi arches and stuff , if im runnig 8inchers with 20mm :/
Back to top Go down
technique
VAG Wales Admin
technique

Number of posts : 2437
Ride : MK4 R32 - Breaking MK3 GTI / VR6
Registration date : 2008-02-22

PostSubject: Re: need some help on offsets please   need some help on offsets please EmptySat Oct 16 2010, 11:24

20v-turbo wrote:
if i gt 20mm spacers dos that deduct to the offset or add :/

plus i need to know about audi arches and stuff , if im runnig 8inchers with 20mm :/

You would subtract 20mm for adaptors. Google A3 offset to find the stock wheel offset then use the calculator to compare (obviously you would need to put a stock wheel on the measure the difference but, if you have aftermarket alloys look for the width and ET and use that as a stock wheel).

Tyre size depends on how low you go, its better to check the wheel position before you get tyres if possible unless you can ask someone thats running a similar set-up.
Back to top Go down
craigolfmk4
VAG Resident
craigolfmk4

Number of posts : 403
Ride : MK4 Golf
Registration date : 2009-01-28

PostSubject: Re: need some help on offsets please   need some help on offsets please EmptySun Oct 17 2010, 18:08

MK4 wheels usually run offsets between 42 and 36. The BMW wheels I've put on have an ET of 41 and a 20mm adapter takes the offset to 21. The wheels sit flush with the front and nearly bang on with the rear. They're with 7.s's
Back to top Go down
20v-turbo
VAG Legend
20v-turbo

PostSubject: Re: need some help on offsets please   need some help on offsets please EmptySun Oct 17 2010, 18:10

the wheels i want is 8j, et 35, my wheels are 8j et 35, but i need adapters so it wd be 20mm wider, but just need to know how much i can lowere it or wd i neeed shims or flaring :/
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: need some help on offsets please   need some help on offsets please Empty

Back to top Go down

need some help on offsets please
Page 1 of 1