VAG Wales
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

need a proffesionals advice haha

Go down 
+2
benjii92
20v-turbo
6 posters
AuthorMessage
20v-turbo
VAG Legend
20v-turbo

Number of posts : 3559
Ride : mk3 16v, mk3 8v, tt 225, a4 20v, mk2 20vt blah blah
Registration date : 2009-11-01

need a proffesionals advice haha Empty
PostSubject: need a proffesionals advice haha   need a proffesionals advice haha EmptyTue Mar 15 2011, 00:15

right im fed up of lowering and raisning my car each time i have to take people here and there, i lowere ethe car used jom, the frnt coils are perfect no problems there but my rears drop about an inch eatch time i put sumone in teh car, at the height i am now bout a fingre width at the rear 2 people (me nd one person) will mke my car rub on lil bumps

so i want to know if i just buy springs from a stiffer make or stiffer make of another car like a mk5 golf or a bora (uses sam e suspension) ?

or do i use towing rubber spring assistors that fits between the coil and stops it bottoming out apparantly?

any help would be mutch appreciated thankyou

rhys
Back to top Go down
benjii92
VAG Resident
benjii92

Number of posts : 413
Ride : seat ibiza 1.4 8v
Registration date : 2010-02-24

PostSubject: Re: need a proffesionals advice haha   need a proffesionals advice haha EmptyTue Mar 15 2011, 07:56

Jus dont have passenger Smile
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/northwalesfinest?ref=profile
Fountain
VAG Resident
Fountain

Number of posts : 323
Ride : 2004 Seat Arosa ( Sally )
Registration date : 2010-10-09

PostSubject: Re: need a proffesionals advice haha   need a proffesionals advice haha EmptyTue Mar 15 2011, 10:02

I find that aswell Rhys it's the springs settling.. I think.. Don't know how to sort it.. Maybe adjust and lower it with your.passengers already in Very Happy that basically how thee front coilovers do it with the weight (engine) already being there Very Happy make sense??
Back to top Go down
.:Diamond
Scene Mincer
.:Diamond

Number of posts : 650
Ride : Audi TT 225 Quattro
Registration date : 2009-10-21

PostSubject: Re: need a proffesionals advice haha   need a proffesionals advice haha EmptyTue Mar 15 2011, 10:20

Spring assistors won't help, because the car isnt actually bottoming out, so you'd have to get assistors that would effectively stop the car from moving down at all (I.E having no suspension), once you find the spring rate on the joms you'll be able to see what other springs fit/can be made to order. I can't see why the mk5 springs wouldnt work because they're the same design - just think about the weight differences whatever they may be. - Diesel springs tend to be stiffer at the front because of the weight of the engine so maybe that means the rears would be too? I don't really know enough to comment on that part.

The first thing you need to do regardless is find out the current spring rate and then sort out something a little less limp Laughing
Back to top Go down
stickygreen
VAG Wales Admin
stickygreen

Number of posts : 1038
Ride : MK1 Golf Gti , Bora Tdi ::Unit-13[dot]com::
Registration date : 2008-02-08

PostSubject: Re: need a proffesionals advice haha   need a proffesionals advice haha EmptyTue Mar 15 2011, 13:00

its a shame the strut and spring arent together or you couldve just put harder bump stops on Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
http://www.unit-13.com
20v-turbo
VAG Legend
20v-turbo

PostSubject: Re: need a proffesionals advice haha   need a proffesionals advice haha EmptyTue Mar 15 2011, 13:47

:/

jom is useless and dont know their spring rates :/

think illl have to just ask round people with boras ha Razz
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: need a proffesionals advice haha   need a proffesionals advice haha EmptyTue Mar 15 2011, 13:58

normally the cheapo coilies are stiff as fuck!
Back to top Go down
20v-turbo
VAG Legend
20v-turbo

PostSubject: Re: need a proffesionals advice haha   need a proffesionals advice haha EmptyTue Mar 15 2011, 17:07

ye ,, teh fronts are solid Smile and still gt helpers in :/

but the rears dopp too mucth when adding weight :/
Back to top Go down
Crease!
Scene Mincer
Crease!

Number of posts : 873
Ride : Golf Mk1 & Mk4
Registration date : 2009-11-28

PostSubject: Re: need a proffesionals advice haha   need a proffesionals advice haha EmptyTue Mar 15 2011, 23:36

i seen these things in halfords once, they were like plastic things that u screwed in between the springs to stop them compressing, used for when towing caravans etc, so old people in estates full of luggage, people and a caravan on the back didnt bottom out, ill find u a link now
Back to top Go down
Crease!
Scene Mincer
Crease!

Number of posts : 873
Ride : Golf Mk1 & Mk4
Registration date : 2009-11-28

PostSubject: Re: need a proffesionals advice haha   need a proffesionals advice haha EmptyTue Mar 15 2011, 23:41

try here
spring inserts

spring inserts/assistors, from 20 quid to a whopping 30quid lol, worth a try aye
Back to top Go down
20v-turbo
VAG Legend
20v-turbo

PostSubject: Re: need a proffesionals advice haha   need a proffesionals advice haha EmptyWed Mar 16 2011, 12:07

ye been told here nd there theyl wrk fr wat i need

looking into stiffer springs atm dazzis ones are solid apparatly lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: need a proffesionals advice haha   need a proffesionals advice haha Empty

Back to top Go down

need a proffesionals advice haha
Page 1 of 1