VAG Wales
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Audio setup help

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
welshdubber69
Scene Mincer
welshdubber69

Number of posts : 679
Ride : 1969 baywindow + 1989 breadvan
Registration date : 2008-03-20

Audio setup help Empty
PostSubject: Audio setup help   Audio setup help EmptySun May 27 2012, 08:52

Hey everyone.

I have an old kenwood cd player which has no rca output and no remote wire output to connect an amp to, i've just been given a vibe amp and sub for nowt!! Very Happy i've worked out how to get the rca to run off the two rear speaker wires...

just wondering is there any way i can bypass the remote on the amp??? maybe a switch or something??

cheers

Ben
Back to top Go down
http://www.unit-13.com
technique
VAG Wales Admin
technique

Number of posts : 2437
Ride : MK4 R32 - Breaking MK3 GTI / VR6
Registration date : 2008-02-22

Audio setup help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Audio setup help   Audio setup help EmptySun May 27 2012, 11:13

Does the head unit have an aerial wire for an automatic antenna? sometimes that can work. I think it's just a low voltage signal it's looking for basically on/off. Pretty sure that would be ok.
Back to top Go down
.:Diamond
Scene Mincer
.:Diamond

Number of posts : 650
Ride : Audi TT 225 Quattro
Registration date : 2009-10-21

Audio setup help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Audio setup help   Audio setup help EmptySun May 27 2012, 20:08

you could wire the remote to the ignition aswell, as long as you connect it to something thats off when you don't want the amp running then it will work, pretty much anything 1-12VDC will operate it, another option is to connect it straight to the live feed for the head unit and wire a switch in-line with it, maybe whack a low rupturing current fuse in there to be safe
Back to top Go down
welshdubber69
Scene Mincer
welshdubber69

Number of posts : 679
Ride : 1969 baywindow + 1989 breadvan
Registration date : 2008-03-20

Audio setup help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Audio setup help   Audio setup help EmptyMon May 28 2012, 20:20

ah cheers guys i'll get on it wednesday (day off)
sure there is a ant cont wire in the back....is this the one youre talking about nath???

Ben
Back to top Go down
http://www.unit-13.com
Luke_MK1
VAG Wales Moderator
Luke_MK1

Number of posts : 2679
Ride : Mk2 GTI - Citroen C5
Registration date : 2009-04-11

Audio setup help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Audio setup help   Audio setup help EmptyMon May 28 2012, 21:36

best thing to do ben, is wire it to the ignition, then when you turn the key the amp turns on... how ive always set them up when a remote wasnt available
Back to top Go down
http://www.oes-uk.com
technique
VAG Wales Admin
technique

Number of posts : 2437
Ride : MK4 R32 - Breaking MK3 GTI / VR6
Registration date : 2008-02-22

Audio setup help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Audio setup help   Audio setup help EmptyMon May 28 2012, 23:28

Yea I would try that first just quickly run a wire to the amp and see if that works, It must be antenna continuous feed so would switch a power aerial on. If that doesn't work you will need to try the other options above.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Audio setup help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Audio setup help   Audio setup help Empty

Back to top Go down

Audio setup help
Page 1 of 1