VAG Wales
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

noob for anglesey holyhead in particular

Go down 
+15
matt-mk1
HÜ84ND
azrobz
Chris_Irish
black magic vRS
CymruR32
stickygreen
technique
Cymro
keith_lemon
mErCuTi0
matt
lowrider
welshdubber69
timmy_b_vr6
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
timmy_b_vr6
VAG Resident
timmy_b_vr6

Number of posts : 478
Ride : golf vr6
Registration date : 2009-01-30

noob for anglesey holyhead in particular - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: noob for anglesey holyhead in particular   noob for anglesey holyhead in particular - Page 3 EmptyWed Mar 11 2009, 18:53

[img:18b3]http://www.vagwales.net/noob for anglesey holyhead in particular - Page 3 PICT0008[/img][img:18b3]http://www.vagwales.net/noob for anglesey holyhead in particular - Page 3 PICT00041[/img][img:18b3]http://www.vagwales.net/noob for anglesey holyhead in particular - Page 3 PICT0010[/img]

i hope these work
Back to top Go down
reece
VAG Resident
reece

Number of posts : 327
Ride : mk5 golf tdi
Registration date : 2009-03-15

PostSubject: hello :)   noob for anglesey holyhead in particular - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 15 2009, 20:06

hello ppl of vag wales ! i was at the ud meeting a few weeks ago Smile my first dub meeeting and i saw the banner, i am looking at getting a mk2 1.8 gti i was just hopeing if i could get some tip's about the golfs and some idea on how much i should spend i have around £3000 to spend but i have no idea how far that will get me, i have my driving test in 4 weeks ! and i would like to get a car befor that so any tips or hint's i am open to anything !!!

thanks reece
Back to top Go down
jij_mellow_yellow
Scene Mincer
jij_mellow_yellow

Number of posts : 989
Ride : pug power!!
Registration date : 2008-12-21

PostSubject: Re: noob for anglesey holyhead in particular   noob for anglesey holyhead in particular - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 15 2009, 20:09

moominjr91 wrote:
hello ppl of vag wales ! i was at the ud meeting a few weeks ago Smile my first dub meeeting and i saw the banner, i am looking at getting a mk2 1.8 gti i was just hopeing if i could get some tip's about the golfs and some idea on how much i should spend i have around £3000 to spend but i have no idea how far that will get me, i have my driving test in 4 weeks ! and i would like to get a car befor that so any tips or hint's i am open to anything !!!

thanks reece

U sure you can get insurace on a gti? Either way 3000 should get u quite far tbf. U looking for a standered model or are ou gunna get a slightlly modidifed 1? Good luck with the test aswell mate.
Back to top Go down
keith_lemon
VAG Whore

Number of posts : 1654
Ride : bahh
Registration date : 2008-06-09

PostSubject: Re: noob for anglesey holyhead in particular   noob for anglesey holyhead in particular - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 15 2009, 20:14

jesus christ 3k on a mk2 could get you a minter, or a show stopper depending on what you are looking for.

insurance would be a big issue on this - however i do know people who have had these cars having just passed their tests.

my advice is have a scout around and dont get the starrie eyed syndrome, take someone who knows what they are on about with these particular cars. and dont be afraid to sleep on a deal, dont get pressurised into a buy.

there are dealers out there who buy cheap and sell high, but these are good vehicles and if you get tired of searching maybe this would be you last port of call "dubbers vw" "volks wizzard"
Back to top Go down
reece
VAG Resident
reece

PostSubject: Re: noob for anglesey holyhead in particular   noob for anglesey holyhead in particular - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 15 2009, 20:14

erm yeah the insurance would be killer tbf well im like an old man trapped in a teens body hahaha i would like it standered and just think about getting some nice rims and lowerd maybe, what do you think would be the best vw for me ??

18 year old
37miles a day ! + spins Wink
Back to top Go down
keith_lemon
VAG Whore

PostSubject: Re: noob for anglesey holyhead in particular   noob for anglesey holyhead in particular - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 15 2009, 20:17

personally i rekon you could get a good car for £1500-1800 quid
Back to top Go down
reece
VAG Resident
reece

PostSubject: Re: noob for anglesey holyhead in particular   noob for anglesey holyhead in particular - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 15 2009, 20:20

yeah i dont wanna spend it all if i dont have to because i would like to try and get the insurance out of that aswell lol i was looking at a 1.9 gt tdi as well are they any good? i have just fell in love with dub's but i dont think my bank will lmao
Back to top Go down
keith_lemon
VAG Whore

PostSubject: Re: noob for anglesey holyhead in particular   noob for anglesey holyhead in particular - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 15 2009, 20:56

it all depends what your after a mk4 is a wollowy comfort car where as the older car you were on about is a drivers car
Back to top Go down
reece
VAG Resident
reece

PostSubject: Re: noob for anglesey holyhead in particular   noob for anglesey holyhead in particular - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 15 2009, 21:00

do you know daf from bangor ? he has a mk4 gt tdi 1.9 110bhp i wouldnt mind getting one of them tbh because i would drving to work every day it makes more sence to get a tdi to me, am i thinking right?
Back to top Go down
keith_lemon
VAG Whore

PostSubject: Re: noob for anglesey holyhead in particular   noob for anglesey holyhead in particular - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 15 2009, 21:08

depnds how you look at it and how you drive really, diesels are more to buy, more to run and more to service - the fuel costs more and so do the engine parts.

you could get 41mpg out of a well set up mk4 gti turbo (driven sensibly) or about 49 {i hear} out of a mk4 tdi (again sensibly) and the 10p/l difference in fuel means that saving means naff all . also with a newer car it will depreciate however a nice mk2 now will never go down in value - umm its not uncommon for a mk2 8v to see high 30`s in respect to mpg.

oh i am a die hard diesel fan, but the costs now for a derv car are silly.
Back to top Go down
reece
VAG Resident
reece

PostSubject: Re: noob for anglesey holyhead in particular   noob for anglesey holyhead in particular - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 15 2009, 21:17

thanks for all this info Smile if you here of any nice mk2's for sale hit me up k pal
Back to top Go down
keith_lemon
VAG Whore

PostSubject: Re: noob for anglesey holyhead in particular   noob for anglesey holyhead in particular - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 15 2009, 21:19

thats another thing people are hiding the mk2s away now as nothing seems to be selling..

try this site www.oodle.co.uk

it brings together ebay, pistonheads and all local classifieds across the country - ITS ACE!!
Back to top Go down
reece
VAG Resident
reece

PostSubject: Re: noob for anglesey holyhead in particular   noob for anglesey holyhead in particular - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 15 2009, 21:26

http://pistonheads.com/sales/919060.htm looks nice to me
Back to top Go down
black magic vRS
VAG Wales Admin
black magic vRS

Number of posts : 995
Ride : Bora tdi
Registration date : 2008-02-05

PostSubject: Re: noob for anglesey holyhead in particular   noob for anglesey holyhead in particular - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 15 2009, 21:31

moominjr91 wrote:
http://pistonheads.com/sales/919060.htm looks nice to me
sexy mate go for it
Back to top Go down
reece
VAG Resident
reece

PostSubject: Re: noob for anglesey holyhead in particular   noob for anglesey holyhead in particular - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 15 2009, 21:34

erm do the mk2's like to brake down ??

coz i will be going to work in it every day and to bangor one day a week from holyhead
Back to top Go down
keith_lemon
VAG Whore

PostSubject: Re: noob for anglesey holyhead in particular   noob for anglesey holyhead in particular - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 15 2009, 21:35

http://pistonheads.com/sales/932044.htm

every car breaks down, some more than others!
Back to top Go down
black magic vRS
VAG Wales Admin
black magic vRS

PostSubject: Re: noob for anglesey holyhead in particular   noob for anglesey holyhead in particular - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 15 2009, 21:36

speak to a few mk2 owners of here mate!!
Back to top Go down
black magic vRS
VAG Wales Admin
black magic vRS

PostSubject: Re: noob for anglesey holyhead in particular   noob for anglesey holyhead in particular - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 15 2009, 21:36

keith_lemon wrote:
http://pistonheads.com/sales/932044.htm

every car breaks down, some more than others!
the white one look beta!!
Back to top Go down
keith_lemon
VAG Whore

PostSubject: Re: noob for anglesey holyhead in particular   noob for anglesey holyhead in particular - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 15 2009, 21:39

yeah but fire an ice... drool...
Back to top Go down
reece
VAG Resident
reece

PostSubject: Re: noob for anglesey holyhead in particular   noob for anglesey holyhead in particular - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 15 2009, 21:40

they are both nice and i am about to see how much the insurance for me is on one lol drum roll plz
Back to top Go down
keith_lemon
VAG Whore

PostSubject: Re: noob for anglesey holyhead in particular   noob for anglesey holyhead in particular - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 15 2009, 21:42

compare the market . com

i say £1700
Back to top Go down
reece
VAG Resident
reece

PostSubject: Re: noob for anglesey holyhead in particular   noob for anglesey holyhead in particular - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 15 2009, 21:51

place your bets lol
Back to top Go down
reece
VAG Resident
reece

PostSubject: Re: noob for anglesey holyhead in particular   noob for anglesey holyhead in particular - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 15 2009, 21:53

£2259.60 e.car
Back to top Go down
keith_lemon
VAG Whore

PostSubject: Re: noob for anglesey holyhead in particular   noob for anglesey holyhead in particular - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 15 2009, 21:56

put your grandma or mother on the policy...
Back to top Go down
reece
VAG Resident
reece

PostSubject: Re: noob for anglesey holyhead in particular   noob for anglesey holyhead in particular - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 15 2009, 22:07

none of them drive Sad only my dad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: noob for anglesey holyhead in particular   noob for anglesey holyhead in particular - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

noob for anglesey holyhead in particular
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next