VAG Wales
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

what would you do... (work related)

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
keith_lemon
VAG Whore

Number of posts : 1654
Ride : bahh
Registration date : 2008-06-09

what would you do... (work related) Empty
PostSubject: what would you do... (work related)   what would you do... (work related) EmptyFri Feb 20 2009, 21:52

just been informed that our work is to cut jobs from 107 to 58, and also go from a 5 day 3 shift system to a 4 day 3 shift system - people will be notified of loss of jobs in about 3 weeks

this would mean a 20% cut in pay Sad BOO, they do have to pay a statutory payment (prob £7 a day)

im seriously thinking to get a less skilled job that would pay about the same (over more hours) than my current job as i am not sure if i am safe, ive been about the payout and as the company are virtually on their knees they are only paying statuary redundancy @1 weeks pay per annum service Shocked .

there is however a chance that i could get kept on, as i am well respected and know my shiznit (an have not had a sick day for 2 years, never had a disciplinary or any customer complaints etc) but with the 20% cut in pay it would hardly be worth it, although if/when things pick up overtime would be abundant, i dont know if i am able to get another job for the day as i would get raped on tax from a second income - also my employer would probably want me available at a drop of a hat

i have a few "side" jobs to do this month, 2x clutches and another engine chance on yet another 1.4 polo - so those should see me ok (ie bridge the 20% gap), i also have one hell of a lot of premium parts knocking about that i can sell off and am waiting on a £5k cheque for an injury a few years back that should be here any day.

so money isn`t a big worry, i just dont want to be earning crap money at this point in time, tbh it would be like going back on apprentice wage and get another trade.
Back to top Go down
jij_mellow_yellow
Scene Mincer
jij_mellow_yellow

Number of posts : 989
Ride : pug power!!
Registration date : 2008-12-21

PostSubject: Re: what would you do... (work related)   what would you do... (work related) EmptyFri Feb 20 2009, 21:58

If i was u i would stay until u actually get made redundent. It's really hard to find a job atm mate i've been trying flat for over 4 weeks now...it aint happening.lol

Or u could leave your job and give it to me Wink
Back to top Go down
keith_lemon
VAG Whore

PostSubject: Re: what would you do... (work related)   what would you do... (work related) EmptyFri Feb 20 2009, 22:12

i have a firm offer of a process operator in a sewage farm LMFO....

its reasonable pay but i dont see myself doing that
Back to top Go down
jij_mellow_yellow
Scene Mincer
jij_mellow_yellow

PostSubject: Re: what would you do... (work related)   what would you do... (work related) EmptyFri Feb 20 2009, 22:23

keith_lemon wrote:
i have a firm offer of a process operator in a sewage farm LMFO....

its reasonable pay but i dont see myself doing that

Dude if it pay's take it, ill take it.lol is this job open for the public? were? when? how?
Back to top Go down
keith_lemon
VAG Whore

PostSubject: Re: what would you do... (work related)   what would you do... (work related) EmptyFri Feb 20 2009, 22:27

it was, had an interview and basically i have to go back and see if i can acutally handle the job - apparently its what they do HAHA.

there is opportunity there if you know where to look i reckon
Back to top Go down
Darkdub
VAG Resident
Darkdub

Number of posts : 486
Ride : THE DARKDUB
Registration date : 2008-12-06

PostSubject: Re: what would you do... (work related)   what would you do... (work related) EmptyFri Feb 20 2009, 22:28

Dont Bail out dude stay init till you know more dontleave as you wont get jack shiznit for leaving

Put it into perspective

You have a job

You MAY get made redundant AND if you do you will get a payout

With the cut in hours you still have a job right so atlas you have some sort of cashflow + if you work less than 16hours you can still claim benefit......................i know its not ideal and i know that people still have 'benefit's for bum's' atm but they are there to help

+ re training grants are available

stick with it trust me

i got made redundant just before christmas and got straight on the job hunt.............im still searching.......get my drift Shocked

hope i could help
afro
Back to top Go down
jij_mellow_yellow
Scene Mincer
jij_mellow_yellow

PostSubject: Re: what would you do... (work related)   what would you do... (work related) EmptyFri Feb 20 2009, 22:28

keith_lemon wrote:
it was, had an interview and basically i have to go back and see if i can acutally handle the job - apparently its what they do HAHA.

there is opportunity there if you know where to look i reckon

Were would i look? were is the job based man? ill take anything atm im in despret need of gettin a dub
Back to top Go down
keith_lemon
VAG Whore

PostSubject: Re: what would you do... (work related)   what would you do... (work related) EmptyFri Feb 20 2009, 22:32

but being REDUNDANT makes me shiver - i mean when you are commited to a job, and always work 100% if someone whos gash is selected over me i`ll f***ing kick off with an AK47 and murder the whole lot of them

as far as looking, our beck of the woods is pretty slack when it comes to jobs, especially with decent pay - this one im on about was colwynbay.

i always look around wrexham, chester, wirral and warrington way - and find there are some decent positions out that way, and as im from rhyl and run a lil corsa derv as a daily i can commute up to 50 miles each way if need be (with a blend of coch and waste engine oil haha)

i never use jobcentre

sites like oodle is good
Back to top Go down
jij_mellow_yellow
Scene Mincer
jij_mellow_yellow

PostSubject: Re: what would you do... (work related)   what would you do... (work related) EmptyFri Feb 20 2009, 22:36

keith_lemon wrote:
but being REDUNDANT makes me shiver - i mean when you are commited to a job, and always work 100% if someone whos gash is selected over me i`ll fucking kick off with an AK47 and murder the whole lot of them

as far as looking, our beck of the woods is pretty slack when it comes to jobs, especially with decent pay - this one im on about was colwynbay.

i always look around wrexham, chester, wirral and warrington way - and find there are some decent positions out that way, and as im from rhyl and run a lil corsa derv as a daily i can commute up to 50 miles each way if need be (with a blend of coch and waste engine oil haha)

i never use jobcentre

sites like oodle is good

I think i've applayed for all job on job center that are suited me, oodle wats that site.
Back to top Go down
keith_lemon
VAG Whore

PostSubject: Re: what would you do... (work related)   what would you do... (work related) EmptyFri Feb 20 2009, 22:43

only about 40% of jobs actually go on jobcnetre lists.

oodle brings together all freeadd papers in the country, really good..

some of the agencies are good at finding skilled jobs, im just waiting for KFC LMAO
Back to top Go down
jij_mellow_yellow
Scene Mincer
jij_mellow_yellow

PostSubject: Re: what would you do... (work related)   what would you do... (work related) EmptyFri Feb 20 2009, 23:20

keith_lemon wrote:
only about 40% of jobs actually go on jobcnetre lists.

oodle brings together all freeadd papers in the country, really good..

some of the agencies are good at finding skilled jobs, im just waiting for KFC LMAO

rofl..Fair play man u actually made me LOL. so it's www.oodle.com??
Back to top Go down
keith_lemon
VAG Whore

PostSubject: Re: what would you do... (work related)   what would you do... (work related) EmptyFri Feb 20 2009, 23:24

.co.uk in this country...
Back to top Go down
jij_mellow_yellow
Scene Mincer
jij_mellow_yellow

PostSubject: Re: what would you do... (work related)   what would you do... (work related) EmptySat Feb 21 2009, 00:13

keith_lemon wrote:
.co.uk in this country...

sweet man, I'll have a look now cheers matey much appreciated. Wink
Back to top Go down
welshdubber69
Scene Mincer
welshdubber69

Number of posts : 679
Ride : 1969 baywindow + 1989 breadvan
Registration date : 2008-03-20

PostSubject: Re: what would you do... (work related)   what would you do... (work related) EmptySat Feb 21 2009, 08:47

well stick at it man.....

my GF works in careers wales and says there are 100's of jobs out there but ppl think they are too good to do them so they don't go for it! so they'd rather stay on the dol earning £80 every 2 weeks? scratch

most jobs out there are bar staff etc.........pays national minimum Crying or Very sad

good luck though mate
Back to top Go down
http://www.unit-13.com
keith_lemon
VAG Whore

PostSubject: Re: what would you do... (work related)   what would you do... (work related) EmptySat Feb 21 2009, 09:03

Benveedub wrote:
pays national minimum Crying or Very sad

but i wouldnt get out of bed for less than a tenner an hour lol - looks like i may have 2
Back to top Go down
mErCuTi0
VAG Wales Admin
mErCuTi0

Number of posts : 1331
Ride : Audi A6 1.8T
Registration date : 2008-05-25

PostSubject: Re: what would you do... (work related)   what would you do... (work related) EmptySat Feb 21 2009, 09:32

I can hire you in my store... the staff are sh*t and keep bailing out, rofl... bit of a waste of talent though :\

Plus the pay is max 7.20 or something, but they don't start off on that AND they're bloody handing out 10hr contracts atm... well anyways, hehehe.

I'm also keeping an eye out for another job though... I'm fed up with retail.. bloody customers do my head in. Mad
Back to top Go down
http://www.udf2.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: what would you do... (work related)   what would you do... (work related) Empty

Back to top Go down

what would you do... (work related)
Page 1 of 1