VAG Wales
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Why cant you keep this site clean...

Go down 
+5
Chris_Irish
Luke_MK1
keith_lemon
hodge112
REDLooP
9 posters
AuthorMessage

Why cant you keep this site clean... Empty
PostSubject: Why cant you keep this site clean...   Why cant you keep this site clean... EmptyFri Jun 26 2009, 20:45

Admin man,

Looking through the for sale section the adds are really old and a lot of the cars in them are sold. Why cant you either keep it neat and tidy or allow the original poster to delete thread when its no longer needed? Just a waste of time looking through adds that are sold.
Back to top Go down
REDLooP
VAG Wales Admin
REDLooP

Number of posts : 1184
Ride : 1.0 LUPO Low & Slow
Registration date : 2008-05-12

PostSubject: Re: Why cant you keep this site clean...   Why cant you keep this site clean... EmptyFri Jun 26 2009, 21:03

tbh dude if your looking at posts from months ago u can kinda guess its gone.

an the guys whos selling the stuff shud let the admin know its sold

GOD I SOUND LIKE A ADMIN HAHA
Back to top Go down
hodge112
VAG Whore
hodge112

Number of posts : 1346
Ride : mk1 golf, lupo 1.4s, mk2 golf driver
Registration date : 2009-02-03

PostSubject: Re: Why cant you keep this site clean...   Why cant you keep this site clean... EmptyFri Jun 26 2009, 21:07

suppose its not that busy of a forum, so doesnt overly need keeping tidy, and really its up to the seller to update his post, not for matt and that to update them

and some people put there car up for sale and dont come back on, or at least not that ive noticed, but if matt was to mark it as sold theydbe moaning that it wasnt, last think admins need i suppose

if people can put stuf up they should just say sold or bump it every so often

i think anyway
Back to top Go down
keith_lemon
VAG Whore

Number of posts : 1654
Ride : bahh
Registration date : 2008-06-09

PostSubject: Re: Why cant you keep this site clean...   Why cant you keep this site clean... EmptyFri Jun 26 2009, 21:19

to be fair there are far more better things to worry about in life lol, nice informal is the key...

and it is up to the original poster tell the masses it is sold.

i could sit and list off a load of non routine forum dicipline on here, but then the place would be boring a dare i say quiet - then the site would fold.
Back to top Go down
hodge112
VAG Whore
hodge112

Number of posts : 1346
Ride : mk1 golf, lupo 1.4s, mk2 golf driver
Registration date : 2009-02-03

PostSubject: Re: Why cant you keep this site clean...   Why cant you keep this site clean... EmptyFri Jun 26 2009, 21:27

keith_lemon wrote:
to be fair there are far more better things to worry about in life lol, nice informal is the key...

and it is up to the original poster tell the masses it is sold.

i could sit and list off a load of non routine forum dicipline on here, but then the place would be boring a dare i say quiet - then the site would fold.

correct

i like how on here if somone puts somthing up for sale you can actually ask them about it without getting told off.

ifit was strict on here itd just be like club polo, and we really dont want that
Back to top Go down
Luke_MK1
VAG Wales Moderator
Luke_MK1

Number of posts : 2679
Ride : Mk2 GTI - Citroen C5
Registration date : 2009-04-11

PostSubject: Re: Why cant you keep this site clean...   Why cant you keep this site clean... EmptyFri Jun 26 2009, 21:36

Agree that what pisses me off about Club Polo

AND to it isnt a busy forum like James just said!
Back to top Go down
http://www.oes-uk.com
Chris_Irish
Scene Mincer
Chris_Irish

Number of posts : 879
Ride : Mk3 Golf GTI/Mk2 Scirocco GT
Registration date : 2008-10-12

PostSubject: Re: Why cant you keep this site clean...   Why cant you keep this site clean... EmptyFri Jun 26 2009, 23:07

If it aint broke dont fix it...
Back to top Go down
Cymro
VAG Wales Admin
Cymro

Number of posts : 2222
Ride : Mk2 Polo "Fern", Mitsubishi Eclipse Cross
Registration date : 2008-03-26

PostSubject: Re: Why cant you keep this site clean...   Why cant you keep this site clean... EmptyFri Jun 26 2009, 23:15

It is the sellers responsibility to inform us and the public at large by posting in the topic that the item has been sold, and while we dont want to go down the formal CP route, we can at sellers request lock the thread, so then it can be kept for future reference.

Admin Power

but i agree, if it aint broke....

Also moving this to general chat.
Back to top Go down
matt
The Guv'nor
matt

Number of posts : 3456
Ride : lupo gti with a bit of a kick
Registration date : 2008-02-03

PostSubject: Re: Why cant you keep this site clean...   Why cant you keep this site clean... EmptySat Jun 27 2009, 10:00

tbf we do have clean ups when we have time me and rob have lil seesions doing it but the for sale section is left and most times we are un sure whats been sold and what hasnt
Back to top Go down
http://www.vagwales.net
technique
VAG Wales Admin
technique

Number of posts : 2437
Ride : MK4 R32 - Breaking MK3 GTI / VR6
Registration date : 2008-02-22

PostSubject: Re: Why cant you keep this site clean...   Why cant you keep this site clean... EmptySat Jun 27 2009, 11:32

vpolo wrote:
tbf we do have clean ups when we have time me and rob have lil seesions doing it but the for sale section is left and most times we are un sure whats been sold and what hasnt

It's pretty much the same on ED38 as well
Back to top Go down
mErCuTi0
VAG Wales Admin
mErCuTi0

Number of posts : 1331
Ride : Audi A6 1.8T
Registration date : 2008-05-25

PostSubject: Re: Why cant you keep this site clean...   Why cant you keep this site clean... EmptySun Jun 28 2009, 07:53

Yeah... the For Sale section never really pops up as being a priority area, tbh...

You get people doing the job for us... lol.. posting to the seller about two weeks later.. "is this item still for sale?" etc..

As with any 'new' thread you're visiting.. read it all the way through Smile

Also.. I thought people COULD delete/edit their own posts... the seller just has to edit the first post and as mentioned.. the title.

We're all grown ups.. doubt the admins need to hold peoples hands through the For Sale section... we just visit it every now and again to make sure Nathan isn't trying to sell his AllTypes bling.. Wink Aight!
Back to top Go down
http://www.udf2.com
technique
VAG Wales Admin
technique

Number of posts : 2437
Ride : MK4 R32 - Breaking MK3 GTI / VR6
Registration date : 2008-02-22

PostSubject: Re: Why cant you keep this site clean...   Why cant you keep this site clean... EmptySun Jun 28 2009, 09:36

mErCuTi0 wrote:
we just visit it every now and again to make sure Nathan isn't trying to sell his AllTypes bling.. Wink Aight!

Laughing Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Why cant you keep this site clean...   Why cant you keep this site clean... Empty

Back to top Go down

Why cant you keep this site clean...
Page 1 of 1