VAG Wales
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

what started your vw love affair?

Go down 
+3
keith_lemon
Martian
scottymk1
7 posters
AuthorMessage
scottymk1
VAG Resident
scottymk1

Number of posts : 271
Ride : mk1 golf gti, mk3 golf gti, mk4 golf 16v, mk5 golf fsi,
Registration date : 2009-05-17

what started your vw love affair? Empty
PostSubject: what started your vw love affair?   what started your vw love affair? EmptySat Jul 04 2009, 10:23

mine was when i was a kid, on my estate a bloke had y reg mk1 golf gti resprayed in cadburys purple, over the years i watched him change and modify it, there was also a black mk1 gti and loved that too and it all went from there, i was hooked, owned a lot of cars over the years but vw just got something special, you alsways feel proud driving a vw!! VW King
Back to top Go down
Martian
Scene Mincer
Martian

Number of posts : 601
Ride : MK2F polo Saloon
Registration date : 2009-05-16

PostSubject: Re: what started your vw love affair?   what started your vw love affair? EmptySat Jul 04 2009, 10:41

i was forced into it by Sticky green and Matty MK1
but i'm glad i went from Saxo to MK2 afro
Back to top Go down
keith_lemon
VAG Whore

Number of posts : 1654
Ride : bahh
Registration date : 2008-06-09

PostSubject: Re: what started your vw love affair?   what started your vw love affair? EmptySat Jul 04 2009, 11:02

i borrowed a mates mk2 vr6 about 10 years ago when a cough "saxo" i had, brand new was getting painted after someone broke into it - kinda fell for the noise more than the car - after getting the saxo back i put it in the garage and bought a mk2 GTD - and forgot all about the saxo for nearly 6 months - i remembered and sold it sharpish for the same price i bought it for as it was a euro import (so no loss there fortunetly)

the GTD i had was running well, but i had no experience of dubs and the common faults so a weaping oil cooler made me think headgasket so i ebayed it... GUTTED...

went through a phase of £50 cars, merc 190, astra gtes, pug 205 deisels as dialys.. then went back to mk2 golfs as i had enough cash saved to buy a very nice 8v GTI, spent a while getting the 8v right buying and breaking mk2s for premium bits - recaro, wheels suspension - then it was writtin off by some dick who came around to buy some parts off a 16v mk2 i was breaking.

so stripped off all the bits i had and went back to cheap cars, as you do when you feel like you cant have anything nice.....

bought a numerous other mk2s a funky CL TD, in perticular a mk2 with all the trimmings recaro etc etc for cheap sub £500 - then popped the engine on that, intended to fix it up but decided against and stripped and sold up yet again - thinking the dub bug had gone....

then saw this VR i have advertised and again had the cash in my pocket and was willing to part with it, to feel 10 years younger haha - the car was advertised as spares repair, with suspect oil consumption issues - so for the price it was up for i thought feck it i anit gunna loose nothing if i have to strip it for bits again - it came with a spare head which was brand new with invoice from VW & loads of mod bits not fitted - i sold the head and the bits and ended up with a car that in essence needed a breather valve, oil change and lambda probe... basically i got this car for a 1/4 of its market value after selling all the bits that came with it, and to be fair its the most reliable MK2 ive ever had despite being a VR6!

now im thinking about letting this go and just sticking with the corsa i have as a current dialy
Back to top Go down
scottymk1
VAG Resident
scottymk1

PostSubject: Re: what started your vw love affair?   what started your vw love affair? EmptySat Jul 04 2009, 11:28

what kinda money ya looking for if ya sell the vr m8, off topic but hey,
Back to top Go down
keith_lemon
VAG Whore

Number of posts : 1654
Ride : bahh
Registration date : 2008-06-09

PostSubject: Re: what started your vw love affair?   what started your vw love affair? EmptySat Jul 04 2009, 11:37

something around 2 bit higher with porsche wheels and a private reg thats on it, bit lower without reg and wheels.
Back to top Go down
scottymk1
VAG Resident
scottymk1

PostSubject: Re: what started your vw love affair?   what started your vw love affair? EmptySat Jul 04 2009, 12:01

hmmmmmmmmm interesting, pity i only got a small driveway, mk1+mk5+ works van may need to look into extending drive. Sad
Back to top Go down
mk1mel
Keyboard Warrior
mk1mel

Number of posts : 242
Ride : mk1 golf & mk3 16v golf.mk5 gt140
Registration date : 2009-05-05

PostSubject: Re: what started your vw love affair?   what started your vw love affair? EmptySat Jul 04 2009, 14:58

when working in germany i biught an ex slalom car,a mk1 1600 gti,with braces,coilies everything on it was like go-kart,and revved off the clock and i fell in love aaahhhhh Embarassed
Back to top Go down
BigGR5
Scene Mincer
BigGR5

Number of posts : 571
Ride : Mk1 Golf AFH, Audi A4 Tdi.
Registration date : 2008-04-19

PostSubject: Re: what started your vw love affair?   what started your vw love affair? EmptySat Jul 04 2009, 16:08

Anyone remember the very first copy of Revs Magazine ?

There was a dark grey Mk1 in that - Liked them ever since. I was taken over the French turbo pocket rocket for a while but I think I'll stay Vag forever now !

Hooked !
Back to top Go down
OwainMK1
VAG Whore
OwainMK1

Number of posts : 1464
Ride : MK1 Golf Gti + MK5 Golf Gti

PostSubject: Re: what started your vw love affair?   what started your vw love affair? EmptySat Jul 04 2009, 16:33

Mine started when I was a wee youngster, bout 6 or 7. My uncle had a beetle, still has it infact, an used to take me for a spin in it all over the place. Then my brother had mk1, and I had to have it off him. Got my first veedub at 18.
Back to top Go down
Luke_MK1
VAG Wales Moderator
Luke_MK1

Number of posts : 2679
Ride : Mk2 GTI - Citroen C5
Registration date : 2009-04-11

PostSubject: Re: what started your vw love affair?   what started your vw love affair? EmptySat Jul 04 2009, 16:47

My dad end of haha,

When i was born my mum had a Mk2 1.3 Polo and he had a Mk2 Rocco GT thing Very Happy

he then got rid and bought 2 cars, a Mk1 GTI and a 1.3 Ryder, and sold them both 6 months later for a XR2i

He then had numerous Mondeos as company cars and then saved money bought a Corrado Vr and it got roobed exactly a week later in Chester Sad

he then went to a Sabb 900 Talladega, sold that for a 93 Vigen, kept that a few years, and bought a A4 Advant 1.9 TDI

Had that 3 years and hes on the current A4 Cab 2.0 S-Line with DSG box Smile

We also have a 2.7 Discovery 3
Back to top Go down
http://www.oes-uk.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: what started your vw love affair?   what started your vw love affair? Empty

Back to top Go down

what started your vw love affair?
Page 1 of 1