VAG Wales
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

started new job today, nearlly died!!

Go down 
+6
Sparky
Martian
technique
Chris_Irish
mErCuTi0
SkunkyMcGreen-aka-Smiffy
10 posters
AuthorMessage
SkunkyMcGreen-aka-Smiffy
Keyboard Warrior
SkunkyMcGreen-aka-Smiffy

Number of posts : 170
Ride : if in doubt, flat out!!!!
Registration date : 2008-05-16

started new job today, nearlly died!! Empty
PostSubject: started new job today, nearlly died!!   started new job today, nearlly died!! EmptyFri Sep 04 2009, 00:00

i got me a new job and started it today based at U.P.S.!! wowee i though to myself. so on my first day i just basically sat in the passenger seat all day while a guy showed me the round i.ve now finished my day and to be honest i'm glad to be alive!!! loooky below :0

started new job today, nearlly died!! My_pix20

started new job today, nearlly died!! My_pix21

started new job today, nearlly died!! My_pix22

started new job today, nearlly died!! My_pix24

started new job today, nearlly died!! My_pix25

started new job today, nearlly died!! My_pix30

started new job today, nearlly died!! My_pix26

started new job today, nearlly died!! My_pix27

started new job today, nearlly died!! My_pix28

started new job today, nearlly died!! My_pix29

started new job today, nearlly died!! My_pix31

crash bang wallop!! we we're behind a taxi doing about 50mph (national) and the taxi driver sudenly slammed on, no indication and started to turn slightly to the left so we thought he was turning left. we went to overtake him n the numpty turned right, bang!!! we tried in vain to avoid him but we wiped him out, took him accross the road onto the grass verge where he hit a telegraph pole and spun round and we continued until we were perched on the edge of an 8 foot drop down an embankment to a factory. if we had travelled another meter along we would have gone down the embankment then down a 4 foot drop and no doubt flipped over!! the rest could of been history.............phewww!!

our driver and i seem ok, few aches n bruises, but the driver of the cab come of worst............he's ok though, the ambulence peeps let him go home?!?!?! with blood coming from his head :0

and to top it all off, the van we were in had a defect note put in place on wednesday night for a steering/tyre/wheel/tracking fault. we didnt find this out until after we'd had the accident. also the guy who's been driving me about all has complained himself about how bad the steering was and that he didnt have full control.

now if this defect note had been acted upon been the relevent person correctly then this accident could of been avoided!! i'll be honest and say all 3 of us are lucky to be alive

...................hmmmm what to do next, well i'm not going back to work there, not driving vans that are being reported faulty only for them to be back on the road 12hrs later in the same state!!

somebody somewhere need an ass kicking
Back to top Go down
mErCuTi0
VAG Wales Admin
mErCuTi0

Number of posts : 1331
Ride : Audi A6 1.8T
Registration date : 2008-05-25

PostSubject: Re: started new job today, nearlly died!!   started new job today, nearlly died!! EmptyFri Sep 04 2009, 06:47

Holy Cwap Batman!

Glad to hear everyone came out relatively okay.. :\

Bloody Taxi drivers.. what was he doing in a VAG car!? Sounds like he should've been in a bloody bimmer! Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
http://www.udf2.com
Chris_Irish
Scene Mincer
Chris_Irish

Number of posts : 879
Ride : Mk3 Golf GTI/Mk2 Scirocco GT
Registration date : 2008-10-12

PostSubject: Re: started new job today, nearlly died!!   started new job today, nearlly died!! EmptyFri Sep 04 2009, 07:01

Bloody hell mate, lucky escape there! Glad your ok!
Back to top Go down
technique
VAG Wales Admin
technique

Number of posts : 2437
Ride : MK4 R32 - Breaking MK3 GTI / VR6
Registration date : 2008-02-22

PostSubject: Re: started new job today, nearlly died!!   started new job today, nearlly died!! EmptyFri Sep 04 2009, 08:52

lucky mate, glad everyones ok! i wander what whould have happened if that fence wasnt there! looks like a bit if a drop Shocked
Back to top Go down
Martian
Scene Mincer
Martian

Number of posts : 601
Ride : MK2F polo Saloon
Registration date : 2009-05-16

PostSubject: Re: started new job today, nearlly died!!   started new job today, nearlly died!! EmptyFri Sep 04 2009, 09:09

christ
tank god you were in a german van!
Back to top Go down
Sparky
VAG Resident
Sparky

Number of posts : 399
Ride : VW Golf GTI MK3 8V
Registration date : 2009-05-28

PostSubject: Re: started new job today, nearlly died!!   started new job today, nearlly died!! EmptyFri Sep 04 2009, 10:36

As first days go that must rank up there with one of the worst, glad you are all okay.
Back to top Go down
SkunkyMcGreen-aka-Smiffy
Keyboard Warrior
SkunkyMcGreen-aka-Smiffy

PostSubject: Re: started new job today, nearlly died!!   started new job today, nearlly died!! EmptyFri Sep 04 2009, 11:00

thanks for all the concerns, yeah we come off ok, got a cranky neck today though Evil or Very Mad

to be honest at the speed of the colision i'm suprised how well the sprinter came off, the skoda was another story though. not one air bag in any pillar of the car and the cab guys lucky his kneck didnt snap cause we hit him side on!! ( strange thing is, should the air bags have gone off in the van?? head on smash n all that!! makes me think our air bags werent workin or not there??)
Back to top Go down
mErCuTi0
VAG Wales Admin
mErCuTi0

PostSubject: Re: started new job today, nearlly died!!   started new job today, nearlly died!! EmptyFri Sep 04 2009, 11:48

Airbags are weird though... they've been turned down a little so that people can't just kick the front bumper and set them off.. but then they don't go off on heavy collisions...

The damage seems to be to one corner though, so the G-Forces could've been transfered translaterally... meaning the sensor wouldn't trip.. study
Back to top Go down
SkunkyMcGreen-aka-Smiffy
Keyboard Warrior
SkunkyMcGreen-aka-Smiffy

PostSubject: Re: started new job today, nearlly died!!   started new job today, nearlly died!! EmptyFri Sep 04 2009, 12:17

mErCuTi0 wrote:
.........................The damage seems to be to one corner though, so the G-Forces could've been transfered translaterally... meaning the sensor wouldn't trip.. study

every days a school day, lol!!

the reason why i thought it should have gone off is because our driver hit his head on the window!! thought air bags were to stop all that?? as u say though just might not of pushed the right buttons!! but apparently the vans been in a head on before so it makes me think the air bag might not be there Mad
Back to top Go down
CymruR32
VAG Wales Admin
CymruR32

Number of posts : 669
Ride : MK4 Golf R32
Registration date : 2008-02-03

PostSubject: Re: started new job today, nearlly died!!   started new job today, nearlly died!! EmptyFri Sep 04 2009, 20:54

You're very lucky, that looks quite nasty! Did the taxi driver give any explanation to what he was doing?
Back to top Go down
mErCuTi0
VAG Wales Admin
mErCuTi0

PostSubject: Re: started new job today, nearlly died!!   started new job today, nearlly died!! EmptySat Sep 05 2009, 04:43

Rofl! Well.. if it's been in a crash before.. then it could actually be missing, as you said... I know airbags are damned expensive to replace Sad

But.. I would've thought anything to do with missing or faulty airbags would trigger the one of those annoying red dash lights that we all know and love.

Ofcourse......... that could be malfunctioning tooooooooooooo scratch
Back to top Go down
microgerry
Keyboard Warrior

Number of posts : 27
Ride : SEAT Leon TDi Sport
Registration date : 2009-07-21

PostSubject: Re: started new job today, nearlly died!!   started new job today, nearlly died!! EmptySat Sep 05 2009, 09:47

Glad you're ok, but don't ya just love taxi drivers?
Back to top Go down
jij_mellow_yellow
Scene Mincer
jij_mellow_yellow

Number of posts : 989
Ride : pug power!!
Registration date : 2008-12-21

PostSubject: Re: started new job today, nearlly died!!   started new job today, nearlly died!! EmptySat Sep 05 2009, 10:53

lol thats quality
Back to top Go down
keith_lemon
VAG Whore

Number of posts : 1654
Ride : bahh
Registration date : 2008-06-09

PostSubject: Re: started new job today, nearlly died!!   started new job today, nearlly died!! EmptySat Sep 05 2009, 11:37

hardly something to quit a job over imo - UPS are one of the better firms out there, but alas every industry is underfunded - im guessing that the vehicle should have been road tested and signed off by a competent person whos job it is to assess if the vehicles meet the minimum safety levels for our roads?

i guess the person who snagged the vehicle or the supervisor should be looking for a new job as the vehicle has remained in service, also is it not the responsibility of the drivers themselves to asses the condition of the vehicle and if suspect to report?

before taking the vehicle do they have a daily inspection by means of a walkaround? as you say the guy said the steering was wooley, maybe a call back to base would have been an idea.

even so if the vehicle had an active snag on it, and had not been assessed it should not have been released into the fleet.

maybe a "no win, no fee" may make you feel better
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: started new job today, nearlly died!!   started new job today, nearlly died!! Empty

Back to top Go down

started new job today, nearlly died!!
Page 1 of 1