VAG Wales
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

chop my springs??

Go down 
+14
scotty GT
Dub-bitz
mk1mel
jij_mellow_yellow
technique
Sparky
rich h
REDLooP
CymruR32
mErCuTi0
keith_lemon
OwainMK1
Vyizis
luke_MK2
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
scotty GT
Keyboard Warrior
scotty GT

Number of posts : 113
Ride : 91 polo GT
Registration date : 2009-07-04

chop my springs?? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: chop my springs??   chop my springs?? - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 28 2009, 11:43

i dont mind traveling the polo love's it. waz thinkin off sum deep 13" with them strech tyres . there a bloke on ear with some allycat's on a mk1 golf iv pm'd him just waitin for him to get back to me . i dont mind sum scuffing hear and there i avnt got much monye these days only work 3days a week so only got bout £300 to play with on the wheels department
Back to top Go down
Dub-bitz
Keyboard Warrior
Dub-bitz

Number of posts : 135
Ride : Mk3 Golf VR,Pearl Grey Golf G60,Caddy daily
Registration date : 2009-07-26

PostSubject: Re: chop my springs??   chop my springs?? - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 28 2009, 12:45

Something like the ats classic are popular and seem to suit the caddy,i think 14's are a good compromise though,fill the arches nicely while still rolling low!!
Just remembered if you do flip the axle you are going to need shortened shocks for the rear,apparently beetle ones fit if you bush out the top eyelet with some 10mm copper pipe!!
Something like these would be good,shame they are out of your price range!
http://www.edition38.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=234467
Back to top Go down
scotty GT
Keyboard Warrior
scotty GT

Number of posts : 113
Ride : 91 polo GT
Registration date : 2009-07-04

PostSubject: Re: chop my springs??   chop my springs?? - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 28 2009, 13:49

if i was to get some ats classics wot tyres would i need to get that strechd look scratch
Back to top Go down
OwainMK1
VAG Whore
OwainMK1

Number of posts : 1464
Ride : MK1 Golf Gti + MK5 Golf Gti
Registration date : 2009-05-17

PostSubject: Re: chop my springs??   chop my springs?? - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 28 2009, 14:49

I have investigated the caddy lowring thing when I had mine, without the need to remove the axle an stuff. Found 2 items that might be of intrest to you, but i'm not sure if they will lower it enough for you. There are blocks available that will lower it without the hassle of modifying the axle, there are also lowering plates that fits on the hub. I'll try an get sum pics for you so you can see what i mean. Only fk do the blocks, trying to order them was nightmare, you have to go through fk dealers, gwent vw were the nearest last time i checked.
Back to top Go down
Dub-bitz
Keyboard Warrior
Dub-bitz

Number of posts : 135
Ride : Mk3 Golf VR,Pearl Grey Golf G60,Caddy daily
Registration date : 2009-07-26

PostSubject: Re: chop my springs??   chop my springs?? - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 28 2009, 15:21

scotty GT wrote:
if i was to get some ats classics wot tyres would i need to get that strechd look scratch

Tyre stretch all depends on the width of rim you run so you would have to buy the rims first then decide on tyre sizes!!
Back to top Go down
matt
The Guv'nor
matt

Number of posts : 3456
Ride : lupo gti with a bit of a kick
Registration date : 2008-02-03

PostSubject: Re: chop my springs??   chop my springs?? - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 28 2009, 15:36

Thanks door the cheap shot at my coilies nick on the first page chopped springs are lethal!!!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.vagwales.net
luke_MK2
VAG Resident
luke_MK2

Number of posts : 354
Ride : no car at the min, goin for my bike licence :)
Registration date : 2008-11-29

PostSubject: Re: chop my springs??   chop my springs?? - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 28 2009, 19:12

my mate chopped 1.3 golf and it handled like a dream lol so thought it was a nice and cheap idea Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Crease!
Scene Mincer
Crease!

Number of posts : 873
Ride : Golf Mk1 & Mk4
Registration date : 2009-11-28

PostSubject: Re: chop my springs??   chop my springs?? - Page 3 EmptySat Dec 05 2009, 16:45

my mk2 golf 1.3 had chopped springs on the front, handling was proper fucked, jus got standard for now, gettin coilies off a mate soon

seriously dont chop the springs,
fucks all the damping rate and how it sits in the shock body

will not handle at all going round coners, and if urs are like mine are, then it rubed all the underseal off the bottom of the arch where the spring fell out!
Back to top Go down
themimoth
Scene Mincer
themimoth

Number of posts : 682
Ride : Skoda Fabia vrs. TDI CITI Golf, Golf Mk1 Campain
Registration date : 2009-10-31

PostSubject: Re: chop my springs??   chop my springs?? - Page 3 EmptySat Dec 05 2009, 22:05

luke_MK2 wrote:
ye need lowering badly
so thnk im gonna cut springs untill i can afford propa ones

it cant need lowering that badly , coz at the end of the day it l probably make your handling worse and the car l fail mot e.t.c . nd if you were to crash nd kill sum1 its a massive penalty prety close to murder ...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: chop my springs??   chop my springs?? - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

chop my springs??
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3