VAG Wales
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Bluddy salt!! argh!! post your dirty pics! ;-)

Go down 
+5
craigolfmk4
nutter
Sparky
tombombvw
azrobz
9 posters
AuthorMessage
azrobz
Keyboard Warrior
azrobz

Number of posts : 179
Ride : Vw mk3 golf 16v Anni
Registration date : 2008-07-20

Bluddy salt!! argh!! post your dirty pics! ;-) Empty
PostSubject: Bluddy salt!! argh!! post your dirty pics! ;-)   Bluddy salt!! argh!! post your dirty pics! ;-) EmptyFri Mar 05 2010, 14:50

Only washed the car 2 days ago an its already filthy! Sad bring on the warm weather an rain to wash it all away. doesnt help having to park on a main road though.

Bluddy salt!! argh!! post your dirty pics! ;-) 012

Bluddy salt!! argh!! post your dirty pics! ;-) 013-1

Bluddy salt!! argh!! post your dirty pics! ;-) 014-1

depressing driving round in a filthy car, especially when ive got car cleaning ocd, but is there much point in cleaning it?

post ur pics up, see who's the worst.
Back to top Go down
tombombvw
Keyboard Warrior
tombombvw

Number of posts : 249
Ride : mk4 golf
Registration date : 2010-01-18

PostSubject: Re: Bluddy salt!! argh!! post your dirty pics! ;-)   Bluddy salt!! argh!! post your dirty pics! ;-) EmptyFri Mar 05 2010, 15:53

ye its a pain in the arse, iv given up

Bluddy salt!! argh!! post your dirty pics! ;-) 18122010
Back to top Go down
http://www.bomberaudio.co.uk
Sparky
VAG Resident
Sparky

Number of posts : 399
Ride : VW Golf GTI MK3 8V
Registration date : 2009-05-28

PostSubject: Re: Bluddy salt!! argh!! post your dirty pics! ;-)   Bluddy salt!! argh!! post your dirty pics! ;-) EmptyFri Mar 05 2010, 15:54

I washed mine in tesco Holyhead last night before that it was filthy and my windscreen has a bit of filth on it from driving into work this morning. If all goes well my plan is give the car a polish tomorrow while the sun is out to protect the paint from the evil salt.
Back to top Go down
azrobz
Keyboard Warrior
azrobz

Number of posts : 179
Ride : Vw mk3 golf 16v Anni
Registration date : 2008-07-20

PostSubject: Re: Bluddy salt!! argh!! post your dirty pics! ;-)   Bluddy salt!! argh!! post your dirty pics! ;-) EmptyFri Mar 05 2010, 16:03

tombombvw wrote:

blinkin heck, that hasnt seen a sponge in years lmao. btw u need to wipe ur plate as the rozzers will have a field day if they saw that.
tbh id never wash me car in a petrol station, garanteed to have swirls after using it. coz if u use a brush ur basically just rubbing the dirt around on the paint.
Back to top Go down
nutter
Keyboard Warrior
nutter

Number of posts : 43
Ride : VW Golf Gti
Registration date : 2009-10-25

PostSubject: Re: Bluddy salt!! argh!! post your dirty pics! ;-)   Bluddy salt!! argh!! post your dirty pics! ;-) EmptyFri Mar 05 2010, 16:46

tombombvw wrote:

Haha thats reminds me of my vectra i had. Went months without cleaning it through the crap weather and it had a custom dirt job. Top half of the car was the original silver the bottom was just filthy!!!! lol
Back to top Go down
craigolfmk4
VAG Resident
craigolfmk4

Number of posts : 403
Ride : MK4 Golf
Registration date : 2009-01-28

PostSubject: Re: Bluddy salt!! argh!! post your dirty pics! ;-)   Bluddy salt!! argh!! post your dirty pics! ;-) EmptyFri Mar 05 2010, 17:31

Sparky wrote:
I washed mine in tesco Holyhead last night before that it was filthy and my windscreen has a bit of filth on it from driving into work this morning. If all goes well my plan is give the car a polish tomorrow while the sun is out to protect the paint from the evil salt.

Polishing won't protect the paint. You'll need a sealant or wax for that.
Back to top Go down
Cymro
VAG Wales Admin
Cymro

Number of posts : 2222
Ride : Mk2 Polo "Fern", Mitsubishi Eclipse Cross
Registration date : 2008-03-26

PostSubject: Re: Bluddy salt!! argh!! post your dirty pics! ;-)   Bluddy salt!! argh!! post your dirty pics! ;-) EmptyFri Mar 05 2010, 17:47

Or ideally both.

Mine now has so much wax all it need is a rinse and some chem guys QD. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sparky
VAG Resident
Sparky

Number of posts : 399
Ride : VW Golf GTI MK3 8V
Registration date : 2009-05-28

PostSubject: Re: Bluddy salt!! argh!! post your dirty pics! ;-)   Bluddy salt!! argh!! post your dirty pics! ;-) EmptyFri Mar 05 2010, 20:02

craigolfmk4 wrote:
Sparky wrote:

Polishing won't protect the paint. You'll need a sealant or wax for that.

I'm going to hit my car with a bit of polish tomorrow and the give it a going over with Auto Glym life shine.

http://www.autoglym.com/enGB/lifeshine.asp
Back to top Go down
tombombvw
Keyboard Warrior
tombombvw

Number of posts : 249
Ride : mk4 golf
Registration date : 2010-01-18

PostSubject: Re: Bluddy salt!! argh!! post your dirty pics! ;-)   Bluddy salt!! argh!! post your dirty pics! ;-) EmptySat Mar 06 2010, 10:31

azrobz wrote:

blinkin heck, that hasnt seen a sponge in years lmao. btw u need to wipe ur plate as the rozzers will have a field day if they saw that.
tbh id never wash me car in a petrol station, garanteed to have swirls after using it. coz if u use a brush ur basically just rubbing the dirt around on the paint.

he he, thats just after a week of driving! roads are rubbish for salt round here, i can wash it and after one trip out the cars completly brown, plus i think the red shows it off more

and its when my numberplate gets that dark i get the hint to wash it Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://www.bomberaudio.co.uk
Cymro
VAG Wales Admin
Cymro

Number of posts : 2222
Ride : Mk2 Polo "Fern", Mitsubishi Eclipse Cross
Registration date : 2008-03-26

PostSubject: Re: Bluddy salt!! argh!! post your dirty pics! ;-)   Bluddy salt!! argh!! post your dirty pics! ;-) EmptySat Mar 06 2010, 11:03

agree with tom. roads here are caked in salt.
Back to top Go down
Crease!
Scene Mincer
Crease!

Number of posts : 873
Ride : Golf Mk1 & Mk4
Registration date : 2009-11-28

PostSubject: Re: Bluddy salt!! argh!! post your dirty pics! ;-)   Bluddy salt!! argh!! post your dirty pics! ;-) EmptySat Mar 06 2010, 21:05

aiii, i know what u mean maaaan,

where do u park ur car mate? i see it in maes hyfyrd, then on the road leading up the hill, at the bottom of the hill in beamaris!!

mines hangin now, i just cant be arsed to clean it, i ent bothered about it...i avnt even vacced it since i owned it haha
Back to top Go down
MB_Dub
Keyboard Warrior

Number of posts : 77
Ride : Mk3 Golf Variant
Registration date : 2009-05-27

PostSubject: Re: Bluddy salt!! argh!! post your dirty pics! ;-)   Bluddy salt!! argh!! post your dirty pics! ;-) EmptyMon Mar 08 2010, 20:30

Laughing
Bluddy salt!! argh!! post your dirty pics! ;-) 25201_350798385447_509100447_4103450_1651816_n
Back to top Go down
Crease!
Scene Mincer
Crease!

Number of posts : 873
Ride : Golf Mk1 & Mk4
Registration date : 2009-11-28

PostSubject: Re: Bluddy salt!! argh!! post your dirty pics! ;-)   Bluddy salt!! argh!! post your dirty pics! ;-) EmptyMon Mar 08 2010, 21:20

dubstep ftw =]
Back to top Go down
oldskool fool
Keyboard Warrior
oldskool fool

Number of posts : 59
Ride : sump scraping polo 6n, 1973 bug (project)
Registration date : 2010-02-13

PostSubject: Re: Bluddy salt!! argh!! post your dirty pics! ;-)   Bluddy salt!! argh!! post your dirty pics! ;-) EmptyWed Mar 10 2010, 23:04

aye friggin salt!! lol i swear my rust is growing in front of me haha
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bluddy salt!! argh!! post your dirty pics! ;-)   Bluddy salt!! argh!! post your dirty pics! ;-) Empty

Back to top Go down

Bluddy salt!! argh!! post your dirty pics! ;-)
Page 1 of 1