VAG Wales
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Defective Exhaust

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Luke_MK1
VAG Wales Moderator
Luke_MK1

Number of posts : 2679
Ride : Mk2 GTI - Citroen C5
Registration date : 2009-04-11

Defective Exhaust Empty
PostSubject: Defective Exhaust   Defective Exhaust EmptySat Aug 07 2010, 21:22

okay, spill what you know, neighbour complained about the car, saying its too loud, so basically police came checked it over, then nothings wrong, but a defective exhaust....

so gave me a warnning, no ticket or anything so.....
can i still drive it?
if i did get given a ticket for 14days could i drive it within the 14days

Luke
Back to top Go down
http://www.oes-uk.com
20v-turbo
VAG Legend
20v-turbo

Number of posts : 3559
Ride : mk3 16v, mk3 8v, tt 225, a4 20v, mk2 20vt blah blah
Registration date : 2009-11-01

Defective Exhaust Empty
PostSubject: Re: Defective Exhaust   Defective Exhaust EmptySat Aug 07 2010, 23:38

you have 14 days to fix it,,, ifthey said its defective or tht its blowing
Back to top Go down
jonesy
Keyboard Warrior
jonesy

Number of posts : 34
Ride : R32 and MKI Caddy
Registration date : 2010-08-12

Defective Exhaust Empty
PostSubject: Re: Defective Exhaust   Defective Exhaust EmptySat Aug 28 2010, 18:42

If I were you, I'd get it up on a ramp, check for any holes, fix the holes (if there are any). At least then you have the satisfaction of telling your delightful neighbour (and the filth) that there's nothing wrong with your car if ever they whine again. If they didn't give you any documentation, you have nothing to worry about. Also would you really trust the opinion of a copper with regards what's defective and what's not? If they knew what they were talking about they would have ticketed you.

Also, if your neighbour has complained about noise pollution, it's the council they should have contacted, they will ask your neighbour to keep a record of dates/times etc of the nuisance. So be warned they may be doing this, depends how nasty they are.

Good luck!
Back to top Go down
Cymro
VAG Wales Admin
Cymro

Number of posts : 2222
Ride : Mk2 Polo "Fern", Mitsubishi Eclipse Cross
Registration date : 2008-03-26

Defective Exhaust Empty
PostSubject: Re: Defective Exhaust   Defective Exhaust EmptySun Aug 29 2010, 08:55

My new neighbour is a serious twat as well mate, us and a few neighbours have had the council and police visit for various issues, car engine noise being a main one (we all work shifts/on calls so we do leave the house at random times), our neighbour had a council noise complaint letter over a phone ringing and excessive motorbike noise Neutral

He also complains about kids playing in the street, and has even complained about some building work going on in the other end of the street. He even reported us for "breaking" a car without a license while in fact I was pulling the seats out to clean them. Mad

He now has 2 harrasment complaints from us and our neighbour (4 in total) and the council are treating him as a nuisance (almost 200 complaints in a month) and the police have him down as a crank caller.
Back to top Go down
GezDub
Keyboard Warrior
GezDub

Number of posts : 67
Ride : Volkswagen Golf Mk3
Registration date : 2010-03-11

Defective Exhaust Empty
PostSubject: Re: Defective Exhaust   Defective Exhaust EmptySun Aug 29 2010, 09:43

ah yes the old story of the Dick head who cried Noisy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Defective Exhaust Empty
PostSubject: Re: Defective Exhaust   Defective Exhaust Empty

Back to top Go down

Defective Exhaust
Page 1 of 1