VAG Wales
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

sorry, i know everyone hate these - whats it worth?

Go down 
+2
keith_lemon
will
6 posters
AuthorMessage
will
Keyboard Warrior

Number of posts : 204
Ride : mk2 golf - 16v
Registration date : 2009-01-11

sorry, i know everyone hate these - whats it worth? Empty
PostSubject: sorry, i know everyone hate these - whats it worth?   sorry, i know everyone hate these - whats it worth? EmptyMon Jan 26 2009, 13:36

golf, 2.0 16v gti

right, at the moment - im looking at just getting a car thats fully reliable-comfy, and reasonably quick. so im thinking of getting a car a mate has offered me - and getting back on the dubbing scene later on when i can afford it. - and have the space!

so! you may have seen some pictures in the newbies thread,
this is it when the paint work is polished up!

sorry, i know everyone hate these - whats it worth? P1010071-1
sorry, i know everyone hate these - whats it worth? P1010214
sorry, i know everyone hate these - whats it worth? P1010213
sorry, i know everyone hate these - whats it worth? P1010211
sorry, i know everyone hate these - whats it worth? P1010209
sorry, i know everyone hate these - whats it worth? P1010191

since ive had it the only thing ive done is put a new engine/gearbox in.

the gear box is fully reconned, and has since done about 600 miles , though it really really needs some new selector rod bushes!

the engine has done about 450 miles - but obviously going up every day. engine consists of :

an audi ACE 2.0 block, fully rebuilt with genuine parts, reground crank, weight matched rods/pistons, lightend and balanced and knife edged crank, and flywheel, some sports clutch. the block had done 14 thousand miles since its rebuild- so is barely run in for a vw engine! the head i strapped to it i baught as "reconned" so i put it right on- though i think its loosing oil somewhere. so could do with having it off and taking a look. the head is ported and polished, with KR cams. i have set up this engine to the best of my abilities, so it could do with getting profeshonaly set-up/tuned. - or do it yourself if your in the trade.

it has a full magnex system on it with a 4 branch, though is it blowing - and rattling on the chassis. so that could do with sorting.

the interior is out of a cl or something - not grate! if im honest! lol. but its only 50 quid for a standard 16v set-up in reasonable nick.

its an E reg, think its 87? so has the pre 90 spec trim on the outside, but i will be taking delivery of some 4 week old arches/skirts/door 90 spec trim.

the bumpers are awful - but im also taking delivery of some BRAND NEW big bumpers - they will need spraying - if i dont get it done. (includes new irons,bumpers, all fittings, and new indicators.)

the wheels are unknown.. i have 5 of them, but one has reacently got a puncture, unfixable. 3 of them have only a few thousand miles on so grate tyres.

there is that patch of surface rust on the back below the boot lid, that seems to have been treated but needs doing properly with that part respraying really.

theres a problem with the oil and water warning lights and the enging temp gauge, i think its either the loom or the clocks.. they randomly come on and off. but the oil temp gauge on the mfa thingy works fine.

the shell has done 135000 approx miles.

not really sure what else i can say..

just wondering what people would pay for it?

has mot for a 4-5 months yet, and tax runs out at the end of feb.

any critsisum welcome... not botherd weather you have anything good/bad to say - any feedback is good feedback. - go wild.

cheers everyone.
Will.
Back to top Go down
keith_lemon
VAG Whore

Number of posts : 1654
Ride : bahh
Registration date : 2008-06-09

PostSubject: Re: sorry, i know everyone hate these - whats it worth?   sorry, i know everyone hate these - whats it worth? EmptyMon Jan 26 2009, 17:25

to sell that with so many negatives i reckon £350 - 450.

but in parts ???? i reckon you could get about 900ish maybe more.

id break it, oh nad every mk2 that goes to heaven adds a little more value to mine
Back to top Go down
will
Keyboard Warrior

PostSubject: Re: sorry, i know everyone hate these - whats it worth?   sorry, i know everyone hate these - whats it worth? EmptyMon Jan 26 2009, 17:32

aye, i was thinking breaking it would get me more - the engine block alone is worth a shed load. - and the gearbox , with 100k on they still seem to fetch 90 - 100 quid, this has about 600!
Back to top Go down
keith_lemon
VAG Whore

PostSubject: Re: sorry, i know everyone hate these - whats it worth?   sorry, i know everyone hate these - whats it worth? EmptyMon Jan 26 2009, 18:10

will wrote:
this has about 600!

do you have an invoice to back this up - would help shift it quickly.
Back to top Go down
will
Keyboard Warrior

PostSubject: Re: sorry, i know everyone hate these - whats it worth?   sorry, i know everyone hate these - whats it worth? EmptyMon Jan 26 2009, 18:28

sadly not - got it off a gearbox technition of 10 years, from somewhere round banbury.. afraid my word would have to do.
Back to top Go down
Chris_Irish
Scene Mincer
Chris_Irish

Number of posts : 879
Ride : Mk3 Golf GTI/Mk2 Scirocco GT
Registration date : 2008-10-12

PostSubject: Re: sorry, i know everyone hate these - whats it worth?   sorry, i know everyone hate these - whats it worth? EmptyMon Jan 26 2009, 20:04

Keep it dude! cheers
Back to top Go down
fordy_gti
Fresh Meat

Number of posts : 11
Ride : mk2 golf 2.0
Registration date : 2009-01-24

PostSubject: Re: sorry, i know everyone hate these - whats it worth?   sorry, i know everyone hate these - whats it worth? EmptyMon Jan 26 2009, 20:23

Chris_Ash wrote:
Keep it dude! cheers

or if u r wana get rid of it, give it 2 me Very Happy
Back to top Go down
will
Keyboard Warrior

PostSubject: Re: sorry, i know everyone hate these - whats it worth?   sorry, i know everyone hate these - whats it worth? EmptyTue Jan 27 2009, 11:30

just had a think about it and wrote down a list of things with value that i could sell if i do break the car.. this is what i came up with,

brand new accelerator cable- un-used. £7
electric window set-up £30
160mph clicks, gotta be worth a tenner
underbody fuel pump, £25
single wiper kit, £20?
suspention, £25?
re ar beam (arb), £15?
breaks, £60?
block, with flywheel and clutch, £300 (considering the work done and parts)
head, £100 (considering the work done)
gear box, £150 (considering the work done)
exhaust system, £30 (full magnex!)
wheels, £25 gotta be worth it for the tyres alone
parcel shelf, £10
bumpers, £110 (considering there brrand spankin new!) - not on the car
arches/door srips/skirts, £110 (considering they go for not much less than that when old - these are 4 weeks since new) - not on the car
suspention turret carpets, £15
rear lights, £20? these seem to go for up to 35 on the bay.
front crystal lights, £15 - slight bit of rust on 1 of them
parcel shelf suports, carpeted, intact clips, £20 - normally go for more on the bay.
glass? £5 -what ever i can sell of it.
all 3 engine mounts- under 1k miles on them. gotta be worth £15 for the 3?

sadly, i think i could definately get more money for it if i broke the car. Sad
Back to top Go down
keith_lemon
VAG Whore

PostSubject: Re: sorry, i know everyone hate these - whats it worth?   sorry, i know everyone hate these - whats it worth? EmptyTue Jan 27 2009, 17:01

if you find out the bore of the exhaust i`ll have that
Back to top Go down
golf
Keyboard Warrior
golf

Number of posts : 161
Ride : vw mk2 golf turbo
Registration date : 2008-03-24

PostSubject: Re: sorry, i know everyone hate these - whats it worth?   sorry, i know everyone hate these - whats it worth? EmptyTue Jan 27 2009, 17:39

are the bumpers big or small Very Happy
Back to top Go down
BigGR5
Scene Mincer
BigGR5

Number of posts : 571
Ride : Mk1 Golf AFH, Audi A4 Tdi.
Registration date : 2008-04-19

PostSubject: Re: sorry, i know everyone hate these - whats it worth?   sorry, i know everyone hate these - whats it worth? EmptyTue Jan 27 2009, 21:10

Vultures are already circling, Laughing
Back to top Go down
will
Keyboard Warrior

PostSubject: Re: sorry, i know everyone hate these - whats it worth?   sorry, i know everyone hate these - whats it worth? EmptyTue Jan 27 2009, 22:24

lol, aye. there big bumpers.

and not sure on the exhaust, but if i end up breaking it (which sadly i properly will) then i'll find out the bore of the exhaust.
Back to top Go down
keith_lemon
VAG Whore

PostSubject: Re: sorry, i know everyone hate these - whats it worth?   sorry, i know everyone hate these - whats it worth? EmptyTue Jan 27 2009, 22:29

sadly if yor after as much as you can get breaking in the only way - and tbh id research the prices of stuff as your guides have some real bargains lol.
Back to top Go down
will
Keyboard Warrior

PostSubject: Re: sorry, i know everyone hate these - whats it worth?   sorry, i know everyone hate these - whats it worth? EmptyWed Jan 28 2009, 08:35

lol, like what?
Back to top Go down
will
Keyboard Warrior

PostSubject: Re: sorry, i know everyone hate these - whats it worth?   sorry, i know everyone hate these - whats it worth? EmptyWed Jan 28 2009, 09:37

i suppose the gearbox, exhaust system and electric window set-up could go for more.
Back to top Go down
golf
Keyboard Warrior
golf

Number of posts : 161
Ride : vw mk2 golf turbo
Registration date : 2008-03-24

PostSubject: Re: sorry, i know everyone hate these - whats it worth?   sorry, i know everyone hate these - whats it worth? EmptyThu Feb 05 2009, 19:24

wha u after 4 the f+r big bumpers dude Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: sorry, i know everyone hate these - whats it worth?   sorry, i know everyone hate these - whats it worth? Empty

Back to top Go down

sorry, i know everyone hate these - whats it worth?
Page 1 of 1