VAG Wales
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Small Problem... Any ideas?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
PianoMan
Scene Mincer

Number of posts : 792
Ride : Ibiza Mk2
Registration date : 2009-07-13

Small Problem... Any ideas? Empty
PostSubject: Small Problem... Any ideas?   Small Problem... Any ideas? EmptyTue Jul 14 2009, 13:55

My engine's ticking for some reason? Rhythmic ticks with the idling, and continues to do it when I rev it to. When I drive next to a wall say - I can hear it clearly with the window open... only started yesterday. Since then - I've have my exhaust adjusted and re sealed, and a new air filter in it... Can't be related to that though surely? Rolling Eyes Sad
Back to top Go down
OwainMK1
VAG Whore
OwainMK1

Number of posts : 1464
Ride : MK1 Golf Gti + MK5 Golf Gti
Registration date : 2009-05-17

PostSubject: Re: Small Problem... Any ideas?   Small Problem... Any ideas? EmptyTue Jul 14 2009, 13:59

Did they remove the downpipe ? If you have a leak between the manifold and the downpipe (gasket) is makes a ticking noise. Do you notice it more when acclereating ? (which reminds me, have to sort mine out) lol
Back to top Go down
PianoMan
Scene Mincer

PostSubject: Re: Small Problem... Any ideas?   Small Problem... Any ideas? EmptyTue Jul 14 2009, 14:53

erm yeah I guess I do... when I turn my heating off etc. I can hear it ticking when I'm driving. It seems ok now when I started it, but hmm yeah Neutral No they didnt remove the downpipe - it was leaking at the U-clamp just after the mid box, where they'd put a new one in from there backwards last year. But they did knock the whole exhaust forward - it was loose and it seemed to have vibrated itself backwards lol. So that might be a clue? Might have broken a seal somewhere else with the impact.
Back to top Go down
keith_lemon
VAG Whore

Number of posts : 1654
Ride : bahh
Registration date : 2008-06-09

PostSubject: Re: Small Problem... Any ideas?   Small Problem... Any ideas? EmptyTue Jul 14 2009, 15:43

i agree exhaust leak at head or d/p
Back to top Go down
PianoMan
Scene Mincer

PostSubject: Re: Small Problem... Any ideas?   Small Problem... Any ideas? EmptyTue Jul 14 2009, 16:24

ah ok! Fairplay to them - Bangor exhaust charged me nothing yesterday. Take it back there tomorrow would you say? Razz
Back to top Go down
Martian
Scene Mincer
Martian

Number of posts : 601
Ride : MK2F polo Saloon
Registration date : 2009-05-16

PostSubject: Re: Small Problem... Any ideas?   Small Problem... Any ideas? EmptyWed Jul 15 2009, 11:04

PianoMan wrote:
ah ok! Fairplay to them - Bangor exhaust charged me nothing yesterday. Take it back there tomorrow would you say? Razz
take it back and moan Razz
your good at that Wink
Back to top Go down
PianoMan
Scene Mincer

PostSubject: Re: Small Problem... Any ideas?   Small Problem... Any ideas? EmptyWed Jul 15 2009, 11:40

haha shurrup Mart!... Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Small Problem... Any ideas?   Small Problem... Any ideas? Empty

Back to top Go down

Small Problem... Any ideas?
Page 1 of 1