VAG Wales
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

What Fuel Should I Be Using?

Go down 
+2
Cymro
Sparky
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Sparky
VAG Resident
Sparky

Number of posts : 399
Ride : VW Golf GTI MK3 8V
Registration date : 2009-05-28

What Fuel Should I Be Using? Empty
PostSubject: What Fuel Should I Be Using?   What Fuel Should I Be Using? EmptyWed Dec 30 2009, 15:38

I have always put the higher octane fuels in my cars but looking a the fuel cap on my car it says that I should be not be putting in any fuel above 95 octane. So I have started putting unleaded in but could I have done any damage to the engine/fuelling system if I'd of carried on using the higher octane fuel??
Back to top Go down
Cymro
VAG Wales Admin
Cymro

Number of posts : 2222
Ride : Mk2 Polo "Fern", Mitsubishi Eclipse Cross
Registration date : 2008-03-26

PostSubject: Re: What Fuel Should I Be Using?   What Fuel Should I Be Using? EmptyWed Dec 30 2009, 16:04

you may have cleaned the engine up a bit Laughing but most of us run it (when we can afford it) as the car does go a bit better.
Back to top Go down
Sparky
VAG Resident
Sparky

Number of posts : 399
Ride : VW Golf GTI MK3 8V
Registration date : 2009-05-28

PostSubject: Re: What Fuel Should I Be Using?   What Fuel Should I Be Using? EmptyWed Dec 30 2009, 16:17

Yeah I like the higher octane stuff it sharpens the throttle up and makes the car more responsive but if it does damage I better stick the shit petrol.
Back to top Go down
matt
The Guv'nor
matt

Number of posts : 3456
Ride : lupo gti with a bit of a kick
Registration date : 2008-02-03

PostSubject: Re: What Fuel Should I Be Using?   What Fuel Should I Be Using? EmptyWed Dec 30 2009, 17:03

higher octane fuels only do out to a engine with a high compression ratio such as 6n valvers and polo gtis etc
Back to top Go down
http://www.vagwales.net
VWGOLFXX
Keyboard Warrior
VWGOLFXX

Number of posts : 82
Ride : Golf MK4 GTI
Registration date : 2008-11-01

PostSubject: Re: What Fuel Should I Be Using?   What Fuel Should I Be Using? EmptyWed Dec 30 2009, 17:18

I only use Shell's V Power :>
Back to top Go down
dubber dude
Keyboard Warrior
dubber dude

Number of posts : 202
Ride : gti mk1, audi a3, t4 transporter
Registration date : 2009-12-06

PostSubject: Re: What Fuel Should I Be Using?   What Fuel Should I Be Using? EmptyWed Dec 30 2009, 18:39

i only use shell optimax in my audi !! i get better throttle response and better economy !! BUT my missus has been useing normal unleaded now my management light has come on i thought it was down to that but turns out its a pencil coil Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
themimoth
Scene Mincer
themimoth

Number of posts : 682
Ride : Skoda Fabia vrs. TDI CITI Golf, Golf Mk1 Campain
Registration date : 2009-10-31

PostSubject: Re: What Fuel Should I Be Using?   What Fuel Should I Be Using? EmptyWed Dec 30 2009, 19:44

i only use v-power ,on the way back from ipswich the other day put bp in , and the car was actually spluttering and flaming loads (more than usual) , had to stop and top up with v power and it still went all funny until a feew miles after i re-fued few days later. the engine was also idling a lot higher than it should. as if the choke was on. andit does it every time i put standard in :S

i actually ran out a few miles from betw the other day because i refused to put texaco in. a saxo vtr stoped and towed me to betws fair play to him...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What Fuel Should I Be Using?   What Fuel Should I Be Using? Empty

Back to top Go down

What Fuel Should I Be Using?
Page 1 of 1